Sponsored

Future value

lugbolt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Guy down the street has two GT500's. Both 1968, both 100% original, both run and both are raced on the drag strip often. Both have under 1000 miles on them. Original miles. Don't know what they're "worth" but I want one. He bought them brand new in 1969. One was a gift to himself because he spent his college fund, and the other was purchased with money he made by doing landscape work when he was a kid. One is seafoam green, the other wimbledon white.

Genxer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT / Perf pack / DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Right now a late model Mustang is a depreciating asset. Perhaps when it is 25-30 years old and in good shape you will see some value come back. I would not worry about bolting on a different exhaust. Just keep the OEM part if it concerns you about collector value some day.

Someone mentioned a model T earlierā€¦ our Mustangs wonā€™t last as long as they did. Cars today are too complex, so many single failure points. Cars from that era could be jerry-rigged to work. They were simple machines and anything on them could be rebuilt or hand crafted.

MCS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium
Someone mentioned a model T earlierā€¦ our Mustangs wonā€™t last as long as they did. Cars today are too complex, so many single failure points. Cars from that era could be jerry-rigged to work. They were simple machines and anything on them could be rebuilt or hand-crafted.
All it takes is one nuke in your area and the Model T will be running laps around you... cause you won't be moving... at all.

You are correct. Our cars won't last 30+ years without significant financial investment. Computer parts fail at a rate much faster than mechanical parts. Also, instruction manuals on cars back in the day were used to tell you how to adjust your valves. Today they tell you not to drink the windshield washer fluid.

dx2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1 Velocity Blue
All it takes is one nuke in your area and the Model T will be running laps around you... cause you won't be moving... at all.

You are correct. Our cars won't last 30+ years without significant financial investment. Computer parts fail at a rate much faster than mechanical parts. Also, instruction manuals on cars back in the day were used to tell you how to adjust your valves. Today they tell you not to drink the windshield washer fluid.
(or to not fill it into the headlights, as you can see some people should read the manual more thoroughly)
1666359808680.png

Sponsored

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
It sure does, but even then thereā€™s no guarantee itā€™ll work out like you hoped.
of course nothing is a garuntee. leaving that escape hatch for weak shitty parents is why our culture is filled with effeminate useless males. everyone who fails just throws their hands up with "oh well i tried"... but the fact is most people don't really try. they delegate their kids upbringing to strangers.

Last edited:

AvalancheSVT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Douglas
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 6spd
Guy down the street has two GT500's. Both 1968, both 100% original, both run and both are raced on the drag strip often. Both have under 1000 miles on them. Original miles. Don't know what they're "worth" but I want one. He bought them brand new in 1969. One was a gift to himself because he spent his college fund, and the other was purchased with money he made by doing landscape work when he was a kid. One is seafoam green, the other wimbledon white.
bullshit. under 1000 miles and raced often don't belong in the same galaxy let alone the same sentence.

blitzburgh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BMW M2C
of course nothing is a garuntee. leaving that escape hatch for weak shitty parents is why our culture is filled with effeminate useless males. everyone who fails just throw stheir hands up with "oh well i tried" but the fact is most people don't really try, they delegate their kids upbringing to strangers.
like having a stroke trying to read and make sense of this mess.

Sponsored

Cpcloud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT - 6MT
I heard the yellow GTs lose value the most

RonsterGT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜22 5.0 GT/ā€˜16 F150 XLT/ā€˜21 Explorer Platinum
Question would keeping my car oem hold its value more then adding a simple exausht to it drive less then100 km on sunny weekends in the summer this car will be handed down for generations šŸ¤ž
No. Mod the shit out of it. Make it yours. Enjoy it. Drive the shit out of it. Wash it and wax it. Vacuum the interior regularly.
You only live once, I say this as someone who once thought like you, then got the lung cancer diagnosis, did the chemo, surgery, and is now 10 years clear. Grab life by the balls, love your loved ones, and Mustang every day you can!

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
of course nothing is a garuntee. leaving that escape hatch for weak shitty parents is why our culture is filled with effeminate useless males. everyone who fails just throws their hands up with "oh well i tried"... but the fact is most people don't really try. they delegate their kids upbringing to strangers.
Seriously????
You obviously rate yourself as a useful masculine maleā€¦
As least you didnā€™t say masculine useless female