Sponsored

Full length header test

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Once my headers are delivered from American racing we will see. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm expecting 20-25hp gain from the headers. But I'm also going to be running a off road X pipe and it's hard to say which one will be the cause in hp increase.

Just for reference, Lethal said that the off road pipes dynoed about 10whp over the stock baseline before the tune or CAI. Anything above a 10whp gain I'd say would attributed to your headers.
Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
But I'm also going to be running a off road X pipe and it's hard to say which one will be the cause in hp increase.

It will be considered a system(headers and midpipe) so as long as others are going the same general route it should still be valid info. Not many run upgraded headers but still reuse the stock midpipe.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
It will be considered a system(headers and midpipe) so as long as others are going the same general route it should still be valid info. Not many run upgraded headers but still reuse the stock midpipe.
One thing for sure, she'll be LOUD!

R 350 gt Donson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Don
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250, F10 BMW M-Sport 2019 GT2
Question, will the new headers void your warranty? if so, is so little of gain HP/TQ worth this price of no warranty? just asking?

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Question, will the new headers void your warranty? if so, is so little of gain HP/TQ worth this price of no warranty? just asking?
I'm not worried about warranty

Sponsored

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
Any modification can void your warranty. It depends on the dealer and/or whether or not Ford wants to press the issue. Some dealers are modification friendly, but Ford can step in if they want to investigate and still void the warranty. The modification will have to be linked to the failure, but if you have engine problems, they're not going to let that slide easily.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
And additionally, is running headers PLUS no cats creating a compounding affect on power increases? Something that I don't think someone has every solidly documented back to back to back in a while.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
And additionally, is running headers PLUS no cats creating a compounding affect on power increases? Something that I don't think someone has every solidly documented back to back to back in a while.

On the Coyote, the cats are worth 10-15whp alone. Headers were worth another 10-15, maybe a touch more, plus a little low end torque. Nobody knows with the Voodoo yet, just that Lethal said the mid pipes alone were worth about 10whp.

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
They (Ford) said long tubes would not be significant on the Boss 302 also, which is the closest thing we have to a Voodoo to compare with, but we know how that turned out...

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
They (Ford) said long tubes would not be significant on the Boss 302 also, which is the closest thing we have to a Voodoo to compare with, but we know how that turned out...

The Roadrunner had the same headers as the Coyote.

Sponsored

f e r

Dapper.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fach 1 / Jeep SRT8
Even if there isn't much power gains, LTs are so much worth it for sound alone. I can't wait to hear a clip!

Bobne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350
I put Kook's long tube headers and an H pipe on my '13 Boss and got a 13hp increase. To me the small hp increase was not worth the over $1000 cost.

Stuntman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
many
Just for reference, Lethal said that the off road pipes dynoed about 10whp over the stock baseline before the tune or CAI. Anything above a 10whp gain I'd say would attributed to your headers.
Where did they say that?

On svtperformance all I saw was a 13hp gain for their Power Pack (cat delete, JLT, AND a tune). Seems low to me...:confused:

SSNYSTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
How long before you get the headers? I didn't read this whole thread.
Sponsored