Sponsored

True Equal Length Headers?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
I am also fighting a tank of shit fuel from bp that is giving me fits in the form or retarded timing however the off road pipes on my car vibrate the shit out of the cabin.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I am also fighting a tank of shit fuel from bp that is giving me fits in the form or retarded timing however the off road pipes on my car vibrate the shit out of the cabin.
What pipes do you have? Lethal?

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Interesting. I notice and feel no vibrations with my long tubes and off road pipes. Are you noticing spark knock? Is this with BP E85?

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
beginning with moderate load anything more than 35 percent throttle as logged by the Nguage gets me from .25-4 measured knock and of course all of the timing retard to go with it. The first can of Torco arrives in a couple days I will use it to boost the fuel and drive it a bit and confirm that the issue is from true knock and not NVH from the pipe vibration.

I believe it is the gas however because the knock is load/throttle based, I can run it at higher rpm and vibration under less load and show negative knock values.

Sponsored

Bx Tpr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350
Sorry to revive an old thread but has anyone verified if any of the popular header options on the market are actually equal length? I'd love to see an option similar in design to the OEM E92 M3 headers.
100_0323.jpg

Brostang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT-350 Oxford & LB
Are the Kooks 5.0 and GT350 headers essentially the same (maybe different gauge)? Jet Hot has their own set of headers for the 5.0 produced by Kooks. It's 409SS, ceramic coated, comes with O/R mid pipes, and has lifetime guarantee for $1150. Headers are pretty transformative in the sound department. The price of "GT350 specific" headers is a turn off though, and I can't see what materials account for such a large price spread between the same basic design.

Bx Tpr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 GT350
I think the closest thing you're going to get to is from Kooks and they're still not true equal length.
I called them the other day and they said that they were a equal length design. I didn't go any further with whoever was on the phone but judging by pictures alone ........ I just don't see it lol

Sponsored

Offboost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JR101 Kona Blue R Sold 1/21/19 New 2019;Ruby Red Raptor
True equal length headers are measured from the back of the exhaust valve to the collector so some pipes may seem to have different lengths but the actual distance would be the same. Not sure if Kooks or stainless works are built that way or not but that is what a true equal length header is.

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
True equal length headers are measured from the back of the exhaust valve to the collector so some pipes may seem to have different lengths but the actual distance would be the same. Not sure if Kooks or stainless works are built that way or not but that is what a true equal length header is.
Stainless Works is generally NOT true equal. They usually focus on good fitment which is definitely appreciated although if one REALLY wanted to nit pick, they may lose out on a few horsepower. That you'll never feel. Good company. Good product. Humble folks. I like them.
Sponsored