Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I could say the same about you wanting to go mad balls on your brake cooling and yet you haven't even found the limits of them yet. But that's none of my business.
Wow. You really like going after something that wasn't even about you. How old are you? You seem to have an answer for everything.
Sponsored

Glenn G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
15 DIB 6MT base Ecoboost
Just thinking Cross plane headers will not be set up to make use of the FPC firing order so will probably lose power because of worse scavenging.

wproctor411

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 GT
Voodoo is right on and you will see good torque gains from FPC style engines with a good header design going into a 4-1 collector, tuned, equal length. Space may actually be the #1 issue for these in the stang but they'll work it out.

Ferrari F430 works and sounds even better with some tuned equal length after market headers. You'll pay a few grand for them but they look like jewels.

Voodoo, Check into Fabspeed and some of the others who have already figured out the vibration and tuning issues for the Ferrari cars. I'm sure American Racing will have no issues building some very nice headers on par with these. The OEM F430 headers are known to come apart. Ask anyone at the track who runs on the regular with them or just google it.

This shit is like eating real ice creme and not that other stuff....
http://www.fabspeed.com/ferrari-f430-sport-headers/

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Thank you Wproctor411.
I'm pretty sure a lot of people will be impressed by the full length headers

Bender

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 LB GT350R HR909, 22 AB GT500 CFTP
Voodoo is right on and you will see good torque gains from FPC style engines with a good header design going into a 4-1 collector, tuned, equal length. Space may actually be the #1 issue for these in the stang but they'll work it out.

Ferrari F430 works and sounds even better with some tuned equal length after market headers. You'll pay a few grand for them but they look like jewels.

Voodoo, Check into Fabspeed and some of the others who have already figured out the vibration and tuning issues for the Ferrari cars. I'm sure American Racing will have no issues building some very nice headers on par with these. The OEM F430 headers are known to come apart. Ask anyone at the track who runs on the regular with them or just google it.

This shit is like eating real ice creme and not that other stuff....
http://www.fabspeed.com/ferrari-f430-sport-headers/
Fabspeed is a great company thats local to me. While the 430/458 ferrari has a great response to headers, remember its a different type of FPC V8. Its a smaller displacement engine with a different type of FPC than the GT350. The 350 doesn't run a dual plenum intake and the actual and the rod patter is different (Ferrari FPC is UDDU and the GT350 is UDUD). This added mass back onto the crank.

I don't know if we will see the drastic gains the 458 engines gain, but I would still hope for a nice gain, hopefully more so than a 5.0 coyote gains. I'll withhold further judgement until I see dyno information

Sponsored

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
Wow. You really like going after something that wasn't even about you. How old are you? You seem to have an answer for everything.
And who would it possibly be going after since you were out for me from the beginning.

What's interesting is that I've been agreeing with nearly everything half way through this thread while giving a perspective: yes to 1 3/4" headers, yes to equal length, yes to tune first, headers second, AND defending your view, which is correct by the way, on bigger is not always better on primaries. And every time this happened you had to go off the deep end like I was attacking you.

Would you like anymore answers?

nastang87xx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack

200MPHCOBRA

Liberty Tree Needs Water
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2013 BOSS 302
Flat plane is dumping into the collector every 180 degrees no matter the orientation, hence the smoother exhaust flow and better scavenging. It should need a smaller collector diameter since each pulse has equal time to evacuate compared to a cross plane, which bunches two cylinders in each collector 90 degrees apart, primary may be able to be slightly smaller too because of this..I believe 4 into 1 or tri y will both make a large gain over what is on the motor now and sound incredible, also lose the x pipe at that point as its redundant.

Sponsored

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
From lethals latest test, they only gained ~13whp from completely deleting the cats, intake, and a tune on pump gas...I cant see too much more than that with a optimized header design.

Nataphen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Mustang GT
From lethals latest test, they only gained ~13whp from completely deleting the cats, intake, and a tune on pump gas...I cant see too much more than that with a optimized header design.

I agree. Just switching to E85 gained more than the bolt-ons and a tune. I think it's more octane limited than anything. It seems pretty close to optimal for 93 octane in stock trim.

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Running e85 or higher octane will be a increase in hp running 12.0:1. But the cats might not be all that restrictive. Hopefully long tube headers will help the hp/tq.

krt22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Track Pack
I imagine the cats being far more restrictive than the headers themselves...nothing in the header physically obstructs the flow path like the catalyst material does. There might be some marginal improvements, but Im not expecting any huge gains considering they are already a tubular design.

E85 is a completely different story, I attest those gains more to the fuel itself than any of the actual mods

OP
OP
Voodooo

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I imagine the cats being far more restrictive than the headers themselves...nothing in the header physically obstructs the flow path like the catalyst material does. There might be some marginal improvements, but Im not expecting any huge gains considering they are already a tubular design.

E85 is a completely different story, I attest those gains more to the fuel itself than any of the actual mods
Once my headers are delivered from American racing we will see. Keeping my fingers crossed. I'm expecting 20-25hp gain from the headers. But I'm also going to be running a off road X pipe and it's hard to say which one will be the cause in hp increase.
Sponsored