Sponsored

True Equal Length Headers?

dbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Any pics or vids [MENTION=17121]dbk[/MENTION] ?
Still trying to get it done.

Couple hurdles to overcome. Without the damper there's a pretty reasonable chance the headers will crack, and given the cost of custom tubular headers, would love to avoid that.
Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
I'm really curious to hear the ARH setup with no cats, no resonators, and stock mufflers at WOT. It may sound like a demon at 8,000RPM.
8250 in car or outside of car? Hell I'll do both for you because it's fun lol. Once the weather breaks again I'll post some GoPro vids.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Not sure if it's already been asked/addressed, but does someone know if any company is working on a true equal length header (even if it is a shorty or mid length design)? Just curious. Searching for the Ferrari-eque sound (yes, yes, I know firing order is different). Just curious too what the Voodoo would do with true equal length.
The problem is room.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)

Couple hurdles to overcome. Without the damper there's a pretty reasonable chance the headers will crack, and given the cost of custom tubular headers, would love to avoid that.
What part of Michigan are you in? I'd like you to hear mine in person sometime. I'm running ARH long tubes with off road X pipes and stock mufflers for the time being.

dbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
What part of Michigan are you in? I'd like you to hear mine in person sometime. I'm running ARH long tubes with off road X pipes and stock mufflers for the time being.
Bloomfield. I'm usually at the car show on Pasteiners on Woodward on Saturday mornings when the weather isn't a mess. Should bring it over.

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Bloomfield. I'm usually at the car show on Pasteiners on Woodward on Saturday mornings when the weather isn't a mess. Should bring it over.
Your less then a hour from me. What about the Woodward dream cruise? You going?

dbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Your less then a hour from me. What about the Woodward dream cruise? You going?
I live near Woodward so I'm out there a good bit in the summer. I usually hit the Dream Cruise for a minute but since I live close I prefer it on non-standstill days.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.

Are you referring to the pair of dampers that are mounted to the X-pipe assembly, just aft of the converters?

Photo%20Aug%2015%201%2024%2021%20PM%20Trand%20and%20dampers.jpg

And are you talking about the headers that Ford was using during development?

dbk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
Are you referring to the pair of dampers that are mounted to the X-pipe assembly, just aft of the converters?

And are you talking about the headers that Ford was using during development?
Come on...you know those answers. ;)

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
:ninja:

:cheers:

Sponsored

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I have ARH long tubes made from 304 .064 tube, purge welded and I don't have the vibration dampers or flex pipe. It doesn't vibrate.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just because you can't feel it doesn't mean it isn't taking place.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Just because you can't feel it doesn't mean it isn't taking place.
Yeah well. Some people worry about to much. Does a stone in your tires tread cause a off balanced tire? Sure does. Does it ruin the wheel bearing? Nope.
Those dampers are there along with most of the other dampers because people in today's time want smooth and soft ride vehicles. Those exhaust dampers are not going to stop crank shaft vibrations, they only help with the exhaust pulse. They are also not going to stop the car from coming apart. If your worried about vibrations throw away for stock harmonic balancer and buy a ati or Romac balancer, that stock balancer isn't the best one out there. Don't believe me? Take your engine apart and see for yourself how crappy stock balancers are when you see your bearings. The late model mustang has no mid exhaust pipe hangers. All the weight of the exhaust is supported by the header bolts, and the axle back/mufflers. Your theory is also saying a 2 piece driveshaft is better then a 1 piece. It's not. If the long tube header was made of thin gauge tube with a flex pipe joint I believe it will crack the weld over time due to the movement and bouncing of the weight of the exhaust. ARH long tube gt350 headers are made of .065 304 stainless steel tube that's purge welded. A thicker tube will help absorb vibrations and can support the heat cycle better. The only 2 reasons why ford didn't install long tube headers is.
1) EPA
2) Cost

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Holy excessive assumption Batman!

Staying on topic, all I can say is that I was passed on a warning from those involved in the program, to not toss the exhaust dampers. A well engineered header for this application should entail similar design consideration.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Holy excessive assumption Batman!

Staying on topic, all I can say is that I was passed on a warning from those involved in the program, to not toss the exhaust dampers. A well engineered header for this application should entail similar design consideration.
Lmao. Batman.
Enjoy your choice.
Sponsored