Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hey guys,

2019 Mustang GT PP1 here.

Going full bolt on soon...

When the time comes, I want to be mentally set on either a supercharger or turbo. I’m going full bolt on soon, after which i’ll be deciding on boost

Pros and Cons of both?

What’s the easiest to maintain? I don’t want to run any sort of weird meth or crazy gas. It would be a pump gas tune for sure (94 // Canadian)

Thanks!
Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Hey guys,

2019 Mustang GT PP1 here.

Going full bolt on soon...

When the time comes, I want to be mentally set on either a supercharger or turbo. I’m going full bolt on soon, after which i’ll be deciding on boost

Pros and Cons of both?

What’s the easiest to maintain? I don’t want to run any sort of weird meth or crazy gas. It would be a pump gas tune for sure (94 // Canadian)

Thanks!
There really are no cons to either. Both will make enough horsepower to send the rods thru the block. You just need to figure out how crazy you want to go. And what you’d personally prefer. Do your research on what will get you to the power level you want. Oblivious people that own superchargers will say go with that. And the turbo people will say go with those.

OP
OP
KT3

KT3

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jay m
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
There really are no cons to either. Both will make enough horsepower to send the rods thru the block. You just need to figure out how crazy you want to go. And what you’d personally prefer. Do your research on what will get you to the power level you want. Oblivious people that own superchargers will say go with that. And the turbo people will say go with those.
I understand that i’ll have to do some work underneath the car as well to handle the power... I’m not thinking anything crazy though, i’m assuming with FBO and a supercharger itll makes around 800 fly hp... correct me if i’m wrong.

Jed S.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jedidiah
Vehicle(s)
2018 Whipple Stage 2 Mustang GT
Your best bet is to go for a ride in both and see what you would want, if possible. It’s power delivery that’s different. Bunch of posts about it on here taking about it.

Idaho2018GTPremium

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Camaro ZL1 A10
I understand that i’ll have to do some work underneath the car as well to handle the power... I’m not thinking anything crazy though, i’m assuming with FBO and a supercharger itll makes around 800 fly hp... correct me if i’m wrong.
800 crank hp (about 700-710 rwhp) is possible with forced induction. The amount of hp obviously depends on how much boost you're comfortable running. Me, personally, I'd prefer a little less hp on a stock longblock if I was going FI (I'm not, and probably won't go FI, but that's because I will more likely eventually go with FBOs and ported heads and aftermarket cams on my NA Gen 3 Coyote - post warranty).

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Most of the work Underneth should be to stop the wheel hop. A set of 325 drag radials and steeda's ultimate stop the hop kit cured all my wheel hop. 800 crank is a good ball park figure for a boosted car. Running a base kit and 93. Turbos and roots type blowers are a little more expensive to purchase. If all you're looking for is 800 crank. But I tell everybody to build everything to handle way more than your origional plans call for. Its amazing how quick you get used to the power. An e85 fuel system is an extremely wise purchase for a boosted car. It offers more protection against detonation. And it'll make more power than 93 octane.

Last edited:

Logan@Lethal

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lethalperformance.com
First Name
Logan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 3.0L Whipple
If you're going FBO that would entail headers.. so supercharger, no question.

Procharger if you like a linear band just with a LOT more power..
Odin/VMP/Whipple if you prefer a more aggressive one.

I went with a Whipple and so does our shop 2018.
Sponsored