Safe boost for bolt-ons?

austin.chatt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang GT
Have a 2012 GT with stock engine and tranny as far as I’m aware. Only mods are essentially bolt-ons like the intake and exhaust. If I got a tune for 93 and got some new injectors, how much boost could I safely handle? Thanks.
Sponsored

Sawyerjames

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt A10
Vehicle Showcase
Have a 2012 GT with stock engine and tranny as far as I’m aware. Only mods are essentially bolt-ons like the intake and exhaust. If I got a tune for 93 and got some new injectors, how much boost could I safely handle? Thanks.
This is going to be a tough one to answer with the information provided. There are so many different kits and options. What forced induction build are you considering?

bigwill90

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
What power adder do you have ?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
First off, this is a S550 forum, not an S197 so you're going to be hard pressed for answers here.

Second, this is also not the forced induction section.

Your question is very vague. It could handle a lot or it could blow up. We don't know that. If you want to handle a lot and have piece of mind, build out your engine. If you want to play with fire, see how much boost it can handle.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Somewhere in the neighborhood of 10psi on 93 octane.

Stephen@lethal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang Gt500
For a Gen 1 I generally recommend staying around the 650-700whp ranged depending on the boost application you go with. Hit me up if you would like to discuss some options for you. I'd be more than willing to help out. Lethalperformance.com
Sponsored