NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
My GT is a new policy so it's $325 for 6 months with same coverages initially; I expect it to drop once data has settled in for the next renewal date.
I take it your GT is not your DD.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Garfy

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT, 2012 Honda Fit Sport
I take it your GT is not your DD.
Actually, it will be my DD. I turned my Honda over to my wife. Of course, being retired, we don't go out every day so frankly speaking, I may put between 3-5K annually. There's only so far you can drive on an island whereas when we visited family a couple of years ago on the mainland, we did 2400 miles in 6 days of driving (we stayed up there for about 10 days). I can imagine how cool it would be to have driven that with a Stang.

OP
OP
Garfy

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Not sure why no is talking about this but I adjusted my AFE bias to 1025 for my EB to stop getting premature alerts. I'm about a quarter of a gallon away from being right with the 25 mile warning.
OK, so question. If you alter the AFE setting from 1000 to 1025 (or whatever higher number) does that mean the low fuel warning will come on later when the analog gauge shows less than a 1/4 tank? I'm not too concerned about the DTE number changing, but rather having the warning come on when the gauge is indicating perhaps 1/8 tank of gas. Thanks!

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
This went off tonight and I thought of you guys :

1617229667003.jpeg

Difficult to see with the contrast, but it’s well over the quarter tank marker.

WD :like:

btcarmd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brent
Vehicle(s)
1965 Gt Vert, 2005 GT, 2020 GT
I remember reading something in owners manual about smart key settings changing when the low fuel light comes on. Not sure if you might be using a programmed smart key.

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
That’s MyKey, which I have one programmed as my ‘dealer key’ but that’s not what I was using here (no MyMode on a MyKey so I would know instantly + I physically identified the MyKey fob).

MyKey does increase the distance to empty warning, but I do not know to what value.

You can see my light has still triggered at 50 miles, but the gauge is higher than a quarter tank as I am not getting the same mpg as some of you guys i.e. my 50 miles requires more fuel when compared to a car that’s returning a higher mpg value :like:

OP
OP
Garfy

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
That’s MyKey, which I have one programmed as my ‘dealer key’ but that’s not what I was using here (no MyMode on a MyKey so I would know instantly + I physically identified the MyKey fob).

MyKey does increase the distance to empty warning, but I do not know to what value.

You can see my light has still triggered at 50 miles, but the gauge is higher than a quarter tank as I am not getting the same mpg as some of you guys i.e. my 50 miles requires more fuel when compared to a car that’s returning a higher mpg value :like:

Well, just filled the tank today with the gauge needle indicating 1/8 tank which means 2 gallons left (16 gallon tank). I was able to just fill a tad over 14 gallons so the gauge is correct, but the DTE is not. I altered the AFE bias from 1000 to 1015 (an earlier post the guy said he set his to 1025) and now my calculated mpg is reading higher; I'll see what the DTE shows when it hits 1/4 tank. Last time it was 50 miles DTE so I expect it to be higher now.

101a

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang Ecoboost 101a
OK, so question. If you alter the AFE setting from 1000 to 1025 (or whatever higher number) does that mean the low fuel warning will come on later when the analog gauge shows less than a 1/4 tank? I'm not too concerned about the DTE number changing, but rather having the warning come on when the gauge is indicating perhaps 1/8 tank of gas. Thanks!
For me the big change was filling up the tank to around 15.25 gallons. Before I'd fill up and it would be in the low 14's. But in hindsight, DTE, MPG and the fuel gauge are all linked. And yes, the fuel warning lights would come on at a more reasonable reading.

EB fuel tanks are 15.5 gallons, GTs have 16.

OP
OP
Garfy

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Actually, it will be my DD. I turned my Honda over to my wife. Of course, being retired, we don't go out every day so frankly speaking, I may put between 3-5K annually. There's only so far you can drive on an island whereas when we visited family a couple of years ago on the mainland, we did 2400 miles in 6 days of driving (we stayed up there for about 10 days). I can imagine how cool it would be to have driven that with a Stang.
Just got my renewal notices for both my 2012 Honda and my GT; both are within $8 of each other, just barely over $200 for 6 month premium. Crazy huh?

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Just got my renewal notices for both my 2012 Honda and my GT; both are within $8 of each other, just barely over $200 for 6 month premium. Crazy huh?
Must be nice lol. I get raped since my age still starts with a 2. Even though I have a commercial license and a perfect record :/

Sponsored

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
Ran it down lower than normal yesterday and had to fill up for a road trip. 25 miles to go on dash, took 14.5 gallons. Not far off.

OP
OP
Garfy

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
Must be nice lol. I get raped since my age still starts with a 2. Even though I have a commercial license and a perfect record :/
Yeah, I remember those days. My oldest son is in your age group and his insurance (with lower limits than mine) is more than double my premiums. Too bad insurance companies paint you guys with a broad brush rather than judging each person on your actual driving habits and record. I KNOW there are some younger folks that drive like "grannies" and deserve a break.

quikcolin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP2
My 2020 GT triggers the low fuel warning at a 1/4 tank too lol. I drive like a bit of a jerk, so it makes sense.

OP
OP
Garfy

Garfy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Gary
Vehicle(s)
My 2020 GT triggers the low fuel warning at a 1/4 tank too lol. I drive like a bit of a jerk, so it makes sense.
I don't think how you drive affects when it turns on. I suspect it just goes on at 1/4 tank and the only thing that's affected is your DTE range; if you're aggressive, it'll be a shorter distance remaining than someone who's light on the gas. Of course, if you drive it hard, it'll get to 1/4 tank faster than not.

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
I suspect it just goes on at 1/4 tank and the only thing that's affected is your DTE range.
Did you see the picture on post #34 ? :like:

Sponsored