Sponsored

Front end feels different after larger wheels/tires

Andy13186

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10speed Aluminator Whippled
Just get a bit of toe in , that seems to solve tramlining for me. like .1 toe in
Sponsored

sms2022

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
SS
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP1 premium
interestingly enough my new Michelin supersport 295/35/19 tires donā€™t tramline nearly as bad as the 255/40/19 Pirelli PZero tires the car came stock with

GrabberBargeCaptain

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Base 6sp in Grabber Blue
^ Super weird, i haven't really had any tramlining on the 255 Pzeros.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
The problem is wider front tires tramlining.

What I discover after testing a lot of different options is that the stock 255/275 sizes are the best at preventing that. You move even to 275 front and the issues start to appear. Which is why when I was buying a new street set I bought 255/275 PS4s tires. For the track 305 works best but I switched to 295 A052 because that's the biggest A052 in 19.

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana

Sponsored

paulm1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
pau
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT mustang
Last year I replaced my stock wheels/tires and went with a 285/35/19 on a 10" wheel, and I noticed this right after swapping them, but never remember to ask about it. What it "feels" like is the lane keep assist is on, and you are drifting out of the lane and it nudges the wheel back...now this happens while in the lane, and with the lane assist turned off. If it matters the tires I went with GoodYear Eagle F1 Supercar 3. Its not a vibration or shimmy, but it feels exactly like the vehicle is trying to right itself from going outside the lane (again, which is not turned on nor am I outside the lane). Anyone ever experience anything like that? Since the tires have been installed the car has maybe 1500 miles on it, and we just had a nice day so I had it out and reminded me to ask about it. I don't remember the car doing anything similar with the OEM tires/wheels but it was never really driven much on those.
2 degrees negative camber and a toe adj will help. You may need camber bolts / plates to get to -2. I put 305's on the front and camber bolts, -2 degree camber alignment. It helps, still does a little tramlining on really bad roads, which most are bad here in PA.

Schuvwj

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Roush Supercharged
This affect called tramlin is never anything I can get used to. It constantly changes the feel of the carā€˜s steering based on the condition of the road. In Florida that is every 100 feet.
Definitely makes the handling of our mustangs at times a handful and at best unpredictable.
I would definitely like to find a resolution to tramlining!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
This affect called tramlin is never anything I can get used to. It constantly changes the feel of the carā€˜s steering based on the condition of the road. In Florida that is every 100 feet.
Definitely makes the handling of our mustangs at times a handful and at best unpredictable.
It shouldn't be making it "a handful". It is a minor steering nuisance IMO. If it is scary, there might be another issue going on like bumpsteer or something else.

NeverSatisfied

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT 6MT Base
Solution is simple get a wheel offset that is centered for zero scrub radius and go with a narrow wheel. Once you go wide or space those wheels out for the hella flush look, the laws of physics start to take over.

geezer stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt,base
Yeah bumpsteer kit happens when you hit a bump hence the name. This is tramlining, mine does it sometimes with the Michelin PS4S. Normal you get used to it, tires make a difference because my Cup 2 were tramlining at least twice as much as the PS4S do.
i get tramlining sometimes with my 255/275 (19x9.5/10)on my 21 gt(301A)with michelin ps4s...when you feel it you know what it is!
Sponsored