Sponsored

From EcoBoost to GT

MrAjsTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, 2003 Cobra
So Scott made the switch. We returned the EcoBoost to stock in this Vlog and Scott trades in the Eco. What other way to initiate the new GT than donuts??

[ame]

Farewell Video

[ame]
Sponsored

Last edited:

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
There goes another one lol

Congrats! How was the difference in power between the two?

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R 'Hellbat'
One of the reasons I will always be hesitant to go towards the EB. So many people make the switch.

Reactions: 113

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

I test drove a Eco when i bought my GT. The sales guy made a mistake thinking it was a GT. On the test ride i was saying it sure don't sound like a V8 and felt dead on power. Once i noticed the boost gauge i knew it was no GT i was driving.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I test drove a Eco when i bought my GT. The sales guy made a mistake thinking it was a GT. On the test ride i was saying it sure don't sound like a V8 and felt dead on power. Once i noticed the boost gauge i knew it was no GT i was driving.
Sales guy made that mistake? Hahahah. Wow!

Sponsored

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
Lmao!! Haha..

Man, on that video when the EB was revving.. damn :(

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

AmericanLegend

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium w/ PP
Should of realized it as soon as you guys started the engine.... the 5.0 vs ecoboost sound nothing alike.

CCCP1999

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
CHAS
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Should of realized it as soon as you guys started the engine.... the 5.0 vs ecoboost sound nothing alike.
Soon as i pulled out and got on it i noticed how dead it was with no sound and no power. I know all new cars seem to be dead at first until you get a few k miles on them. Every new car- truck i owned was slow until it got around 4k miles on them.

WarrENDeatH

The Batman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep, first time I started the GT up my fiancée looked at me and was like, "What in the hell is that!?" hahahahaha

Sponsored
OP
OP
MrAjsTech

MrAjsTech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT, 2003 Cobra
Scott loves the new GT. The EcoBoost was a lot of fun. I drove it often too. With the Cobb tune and Intercooler it definitely was fun. Driving the car on stock tune is terribly slow.

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Thank you! :cheers:

Torque wise, not a whole lot below 4k. The EcoBoost with the tune was a little brutal at times with its torque delivery. The 5.0 is definitely smoother but it also has a little less.

Above 4k, there's no comparison. The 5.0 is a freight train after 3rd gear. The only modifications are Xpipe and Muffler Delete. It's almost too loud, still getting used to the volume but I can't hate on the sound of freedom.

I'll miss the Ecoboost, it was the little black beast that surprised everyone. With this being my first v8, it'll be known as Black Beast. Nothing about the GT is small lol

BlackBoostedStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
One of the reasons I will always be hesitant to go towards the EB. So many people make the switch.
I wouldn't be hesitant towards it. I had opportunities to buy a GT before the Eco and I sided with the Ecoboost because it fit my needs. I put 20k miles on it in 10 months, majority highway - The eco is one of the most fun cars on the market with 30+ mpg. As long as you know what your driving requirements are, you'll rarely make a bad decision on choosing.

My lifestyle has changed and I can justify the added expenses of the GT at this point. Yes there are times when I wish I had an ecoboost, that car brims with character after a couple basic modifications. It was never a mistake to own that car - but for me it's time for a new chapter :ford:

Chargersfan81

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Race Red
Thank you! :cheers:

Torque wise, not a whole lot below 4k. The EcoBoost with the tune was a little brutal at times with its torque delivery. The 5.0 is definitely smoother but it also has a little less.

Above 4k, there's no comparison. The 5.0 is a freight train after 3rd gear. The only modifications are Xpipe and Muffler Delete. It's almost too loud, still getting used to the volume but I can't hate on the sound of freedom.

I'll miss the Ecoboost, it was the little black beast that surprised everyone. With this being my first v8, it'll be known as Black Beast. Nothing about the GT is small lol
Congrats again man, I know you feel vindicated!!! There's no Eco/V6 in the world that can replicate the sound sound of the V8.

Do some mods to the V8 and it's lights out. Stock performance isn't bad either so you can leave it stock and still have a lot of power for the streets. :headbang:

QRK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
When I started reading these forums I was surprised to see so many people making the switch from Ecoboost to GT. Not because of the want for more performance - that comes as absolutely no surprise to me haha.

I was just surprised to see that so many people were trading in 6-18 month-old cars for something basically identical - aside from the powertrain of course.

Does anyone know if this occurred as much with previous-gen Mustangs? People buying a V6 and quickly trading up for a GT?

Oh ya, and congrats to you!
Sponsored