Sponsored

Friday at the Track: 2016 Tech Pack = No Limp Mode!!

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
A little food for thought: One of the guys on the forum hit trans temps of 306 in his Lund-tuned tech car and no limp. Billy Johnson drove the piss out of Jon Lund's tech car and no limp. Now another limp-free tuned tech car.
So the tune is basically disabling the ECU's limp mode parameters, or making them much more liberal.....which begs the question, how safe is it to run with the tranny temps so high for an extended period of time?
Sponsored

Kurac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 R
Wow!! A forum member tracks his tech car with no issues and almost everyone questions him? So fudging redonculous!!! Its like the asking for proof that I purchased an R for MSRP. SmH. I dont get it! I am happy for the OP and his car not hitting limp mode.
Wait, what?? You got an R at MSRP??? You need to post your bill of sale, keep your name and address visible along with the dealer's contact info and add your SS number or I call BS!!!1!1!1!!1!! :lol:

snaproll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
350R/88LX/FR500S
So the tune is basically disabling the ECU's limp mode parameters, or making them much more liberal.....which begs the question, how safe is it to run with the tranny temps so high for an extended period of time?
You mean someone finally tuned out the nannies? Bravo!

I'd say the trans will be fine for occasional HPDE just like every other Mustang trans run without a cooler. My used 6060 has seen 350 degrees about every time out for 6 years. Change fluid every few weekends. Works fine.

Zitrosounds

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harold
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350R/16 GT350TP/15 GT-PP/12 GT-PP
You mean someone finally tuned out the nannies? Bravo!

I'd say the trans will be fine for occasional HPDE just like every other Mustang trans run without a cooler. My used 6060 has seen 350 degrees about every time out for 6 years. Change fluid every few weekends. Works fine.
:amen::amen::clap2::clap2::cheers::headbang:
Sponsored