Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know many cars at 57k that are better. The camaro doesn't look or sound as good. Nor does the gt or rousch stangs. Nothing German comes to mind M3 is more, M2 you can't get,Anything amg is more, anything Porsche is more. The only think I can think of is a discounted vette

I'm assuming of course you didn't pay adm which I'm sure a lot of tech owners did
I paid $56K for a $56K car. Minus about $1K off MSRP plus about $1K for shipping to Germany. No GG Tax.

But every thing you brought up about every car on your list of competitors is all "personal preference" (Looks and Sounds)

As far as German cars, I can order some American Spec cars while overseas at "better than state side dealer" prices.

And importers are selling GT350s for 90K euro (roughly $100K), so making a profit is possible, but not my goal.

I want a Performance Car that doesn't have an engineered flaw. The transmission heat issue.

And yes, someone reported an Autobahn heat issue which is not a track, but a highway.
Sponsored

montreal ponies

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
‘17 Ruby red GT350
Just gave my friend at Ford a call to see if he could find out anything about
the 2 cooler parts numbers that were posted but he's out on vacation, so no way
of finding out anything on my side.
Has anyone heard back from their dealership ?

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Just gave my friend at Ford a call to see if he could find out anything about
the 2 cooler parts numbers that were posted but he's out on vacation, so no way
of finding out anything on my side.
Has anyone heard back from their dealership ?
Not yet Sir.

Mustang Marcus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Corolla 2016GT350 Magnetic Blue Stripe
I called my local dealership's part department. I've used them in the past and they have done a good job.

When I read the part number m-7008-m85 guy told me that's not a ford part #
I also explained what the part was.

Maybe I got the new guy??

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Im sorry for you, but your use case is a exception. Id argue for a american road there is no flaw. There is no road in america where you will average 100+.

I paid $56K for a $56K car. Minus about $1K off MSRP plus about $1K for shipping to Germany. No GG Tax.

But every thing you brought up about every car on your list of competitors is all "personal preference" (Looks and Sounds)

As far as German cars, I can order some American Spec cars while overseas at "better than state side dealer" prices.

And importers are selling GT350s for 90K euro (roughly $100K), so making a profit is possible, but not my goal.

I want a Performance Car that doesn't have an engineered flaw. The transmission heat issue.

And yes, someone reported an Autobahn heat issue which is not a track, but a highway.

Sponsored

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
Spa2k you have went into every possible transmission temp thread and shit all over it, the pattern is clear, you don't listen to anyone, and instead just throw the same tired ass statements around trolling people that don't agree with you. That's fine. Ford met your expectations, great, perhaps you just cannot control yourself from constantly degrading anyone that had a different set of expectations. I do not know your motivations, don't care, but if you have the coolers or think you don't need them and it doesn't effect you I can see no reason for you to continue spending so much time berating others when they are actively trying to solve issues important to them. Ultimately time will tell if Ford is meeting their customers expectations, whether its the cooler issue, loose filters, car fires, or the dealer network servicing the cars its not for me to say.

You flat out ignore any nuance to the discussion and continue to harp on the supplement, and that somehow everyone should have known better ignoring the facts that it has happened in street driving, can be manifested within 5 minutes under load, and effects the long term reliability of the transmission. You hear what you want to, and post the same rebuttals regardless of what others have posted.

I am tired or arguing with someone that cannot step outside themselves for a single moment and place themselves in others shoes for even a second. Unsubscribed and until the next thread you derail, goodbye.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I called my local dealership's part department. I've used them in the past and they have done a good job.

I'm not going to call a local dealer or email Ford Performance yet. I would advocate patience if you can. I think we will all hear about the coolers very quickly once they are available.

Aurelius

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350

No I don't think you did. The parts haven't been officially announced yet I suppose and we are hearing this from BossDoc who's providing us updates when he can. I'm assuming just a bit more patience on the matter. Don't start doubting your dealership, the good ones are very hard to find.

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Probably as tired as some of us are at the endless comments from the handful of people who clearly didn't do their research or made a mistake in purchasing the wrong car - and continue to try to diminish the value of all GT 350s.

Sell the damn car - life is too short.
I find it comical how many people come out after the fact, and say, it's common sense that only the track pack can perform track duty.

You say as of August 8th 2015, the hard info was provided by Ford?
People clearly didn't do their research you say?

Here is an old thread I started back in Dec of 2015 that you actually posted in.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39580

Curious, how come you, or anyone else didn't share the knowledge gained from all your research back then?:shrug:

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
I find it comical how many people come out after the fact, and say, it's common sense that only the track pack can perform track duty.

Here is an old thread I started back in Dec of 2015 that you actually posted in.

Curious, how come you, or anyone else didn't share the knowledge gained from all your research back then?:shrug:
Damn there is a whole lot of fail in that thread. Im sorry that thread is just stupid.

So basically people thought you only needed the coolers if you had a full blown race car. But for the TRACK the TRACK package wasn't needed? Race cars dont come with radios.

Sponsored

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
Damn there is a whole lot of fail in that thread. Im sorry that thread is just stupid.
Just wanted to point out that before cars started going into limp mode nobody thought the Tech/Base cars couldn't handle track duty. It wasn't until after the fact that all the smart people emerged... :lol:

Tank

9/11 - Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0853
Just wanted to point out that before cars started going into limp mode nobody thought the Tech/Base cars couldn't handle track duty. It wasn't until after the fact that all the smart people emerged... :lol:
Taking a break from the current pissing match, that thread is hysterical! Who knew how quickly "knowledge " could seem historical!!! :lol:

5.0 435

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
.07 Shelby SGT #0016 ...18 GT PP1 manual
Forums are the last place to get facts ...you get a lot of half truths . Most people try to be honest .....but there's always the know it all attitude people that post the most. Just remember buyer beware.

Spa2k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
You don’t want to know

So I'm at fault for not commenting on a post? That's absurd. :crazy:

I'm clearly not the only one who found that information and other details about the coolers during that time. And having raced for several years, if I were planning to track the car, there's no way I would have ordered a car without the coolers. That just seemed like common sense to me, but my background obviously is different from that of many of the people here.

For the record, my concern over the coolers was front-and-center until December, when I refused delivery of the car because it was significantly damaged. The dealer and I did, in fact, have a discussion on the day before the car arrived about whether I was going to pass on the car and take a future allocation for a Track Package because of the potential cooling issues. However, I still believed that the Tech was more in line with my uses for the vehicle, which extended to the replacement car and the one I'm driving today.

cosmo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT

So basically people thought you only needed the coolers if you had a full blown race car. But for the TRACK the TRACK package wasn't needed? Race cars dont come with radios.
That argument is so old. Did you know you aren't able to drive with performance in mind in a GT that isn't a performance pack? That car fails immediately. The new GT350s also aren't convenient at all unless you order the convenience package. After the convenience package, me and my 9 kids can conveniently use a GT350 at the same time. Are you ready for the upcoming straight line pack for the GT? Can't drive in a straight line without it.

Packages should enhance, not be necessary for the attributes which they describe. The GT350 should not fucking fail on a track where a standard GT Mustang can lap all day. That's a complete and utter failure.
Sponsored