Limp Mode on the Track

SVTDSM

@Serpent_Stangs
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350R
So I'm at fault for not commenting on a post? That's absurd. :crazy:

I'm clearly not the only one who found that information and other details about the coolers during that time. And having raced for several years, if I were planning to track the car, there's no way I would have ordered a car without the coolers. That just seemed like common sense to me, but my background obviously is different from that of many of the people here.

For the record, my concern over the coolers was front-and-center until December, when I refused delivery of the car because it was significantly damaged. The dealer and I did, in fact, have a discussion on the day before the car arrived about whether I was going to pass on the car and take a future allocation for a Track Package because of the potential cooling issues. However, I still believed that the Tech was more in line with my uses for the vehicle, which extended to the replacement car and the one I'm driving today.
Where did I say anything was your fault? I'm happy with my car, and had every intention from day one to add the coolers if I went with tech. I was simply asking why you didn't share your facts then? You supposedly had the facts, and took the time to post in the thread.:shrug:
Sponsored

lemers

Globetrotter
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
I find it comical how many people come out after the fact, and say, it's common sense that only the track pack can perform track duty.

You say as of August 8th 2015, the hard info was provided by Ford?
People clearly didn't do their research you say?

Here is an old thread I started back in Dec of 2015 that you actually posted in.
http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39580

Curious, how come you, or anyone else didn't share the knowledge gained from all your research back then?:shrug:
We need a :micdrop: for that. :lol:

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
I find it comical how many people come out after the fact, and say, it's common sense that only the track pack can perform track duty.

Here is an old thread I started back in Dec of 2015 that you actually posted in.

Curious, how come you, or anyone else didn't share the knowledge gained from all your research back then?:shrug:
Thanks for posting. :clap2:

I understand it is typical human behavior to know it all, but it's still somewhat frustrating living with it day to day on this forum. Having the facts pointed out in such a clear manner is a perfect END - if people are willing to let it go.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
That argument is so old. Did you know you aren't able to drive with performance in mind in a GT that isn't a performance pack? That car fails immediately. The new GT350s also aren't convenient at all unless you order the convenience package. After the convenience package, me and my 9 kids can conveniently use a GT350 at the same time. Are you ready for the upcoming straight line pack for the GT? Can't drive in a straight line without it.

Packages should enhance, not be necessary for the attributes which they describe. The GT350 should not fucking fail on a track where a standard GT Mustang can lap all day. That's a complete and utter failure.
If you look at a car and the ONLY thing the track pack adds are coolers (and lose climate and nav). You would think they enhance the cooling(your logic)? Logically then with out the cooler the car would run hotter? If you keep getting hotter you over heat.....

People have said they have tracked for laps before overheating.

We can agree to disagree.

SchultzLT1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 AG Tech Pack

Wow, if there was ever clearly a thread that showed how Ford marketed the car it's right there. 3 pages and not one person said anything about needing a trans cooler for an HPDE. It's pretty clear right there that we ALL thought the car was suitable for HPDE's and AutoX. I took delivery of my car later that month and found out about limp mode first hand in May :(

Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Wow, if there was ever clearly a thread that showed how Ford marketed the car it's right there. 3 pages and not one person said anything about needing a trans cooler for an HPDE. It's pretty clear right there that we ALL thought the car was suitable for HPDE's and AutoX. I took delivery of my car later that month and found out about limp mode first hand in May :(
Lol that's one way of looking at it

JN66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, 1966 Couple (347 Stroker)
Update directly from Ford:

Very little info available. They can see something is in progress. No production date set. :(
Sponsored