Sponsored

FP Track Handling Pack

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
If we're upgrading a base model car, is there anything not included with this kit that we need to add or should add while the suspension is apart??

I am getting the BMR cradle lockout pieces....wasn't sure if there was anything else.

Thanks!
I did the track kit on my 20GT over winter and the only thing I added at that time to it was a set of BMR Rear lower control arm bearings. It's really not much more work to pull the rear control arms out when your installing the kit and have the bearings pressed in by a shop equipped to do so. I have the Steeda sub frame braces on my car as well and I am really happy with the way the car drives. Sorry forgot - I did add a set of J&M Upper rear shock mounts with the kit - I don't know if I would call them required. I'd go with the RLCA bearings before the mounts though. The mounts you can do in an hour after the kit is installed if you had to or wanted to.
Sponsored

codereddew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I did the track kit on my 20GT over winter and the only thing I added at that time to it was a set of BMR Rear lower control arm bearings. It's really not much more work to pull the rear control arms out when your installing the kit and have the bearings pressed in by a shop equipped to do so. I have the Steeda sub frame braces on my car as well and I am really happy with the way the car drives. Sorry forgot - I did add a set of J&M Upper rear shock mounts with the kit - I don't know if I would call them required. I'd go with the RLCA bearings before the mounts though. The mounts you can do in an hour after the kit is installed if you had to or wanted to.
Thinking about the RLCA bushings - what difference(s) did you notice after install?

kevinvan6000

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020Mustang GT
Thinking about the RLCA bushings - what difference(s) did you notice after install?
I did all the suspension at once over the winter, so it was quite a change. It's hard to say how much of the change just the bearings had on the overall feel. I did the rlca bearings though to help with wheel hop. Even with the Steeda brackets, I still had wheel hop issues last year at the track. I love the way the car feels now.

UglyMutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
What if any fasteners did you guys torque under vehicle weight, like not on jack stands but on the ground?

Also, did anyone use the fastener kit? I ordered it but it looks like the regular kit came with the nuts that are needed. What's the deal?

SVO MkII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost, 6sp, PP, 2017 GT Convertible
What if any fasteners did you guys torque under vehicle weight, like not on jack stands but on the ground?

Also, did anyone use the fastener kit? I ordered it but it looks like the regular kit came with the nuts that are needed. What's the deal?
I don't recall torqueing anything with the weight on it (followed the instructions). I took it for an alignment afterwards, so there were probably some things the shop loosened/tightened with weight on them, in the process of doing the alignment.

Sponsored

Brian@BMVK

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT - Sold
OP
OP

bmrylnd5

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
@sugoispec
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS

I bought the fastener kit, figured I might as well replace everything as I go. I torqued the strut nuts while on the ground - made some wheel cribs to clock all the bushings too.

GT_MTL

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yves
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium - 2018 F-150 XLT
I wonder why everybody (I mean you and people on youtube :) ) is installing the kit by lowering the subframe instead of following the Ford instructions ? I guess it's because it's faster ? At the end you have to re-clock everything anyways.

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
I wonder why everybody (I mean you and people on youtube :) ) is installing the kit by lowering the subframe instead of following the Ford instructions ? I guess it's because it's faster ? At the end you have to re-clock everything anyways.
Dropping the sub is, by far, easier/faster than pulling the arms for me.
Sponsored