Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; So, the whiner is still sulking threating to quit and gets Masi thrown out.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
It’s laughable to say the least. They claim they want consistency, but they themselves have zero. Few weeks back Masi was ok, now he’s sacked. No transparency on the “investigation”. The answer is now alternating race directors, and assistants. It’ll turn in to a committee before it’s over. I wasn’t a fan of Masi but even less of where the FIA is concerned. They’ve really put a black spot on F1 with all of it. It would sure be nice if it would all just go away and the racing was front and center like it should be.

Yes he is. As he should be. Now let’s see if they can clean up their act.
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-after-controversial-verstappen-hamilton-call

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
No surprise. Hamster fanboys are a sensitive bunch. Much like Hamilton himself.
Yes, I consider myself to be a very sensitive person. :giggle:

That said I totally agree with you in regards to the "black spot". Of course I'm pissed that Lewis didn't win but I am equally pissed that Max's first championship will forever be tainted by Masi's mess. Max is a racer, he is a winner. You can damn well bet he didn't want this championship or any championship for that matter won in this fashion.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Yes, I consider myself to be a very sensitive person. :giggle:

That said I totally agree with you in regards to the "black spot". Of course I'm pissed that Lewis didn't win but I am equally pissed that Max's first championship will forever be tainted by Masi's mess. Max is a racer, he is a winner. You can damn well bet he didn't want this championship or any championship for that matter won in this fashion.
Hello; His win is not tainted. Max/the team made the better call to get new tires under the situation and was able to pass his rival on the track under race conditions. The race was not given to him nor was the championship.
The championship was not won just in that last lap. It was a contest over all the races. Again, I refer to the fact that the whiner sat back and took the points in other races when similar questionable calls were made that went in his favor.
So, when it went in his favor in earlier races, he did not threaten to quit nor say the calls were bad. When things did not go his way, he uses his position as a popular celebrity to stir things up.
Both he and Max were under the same conditions in that last race. Max made the better call as it turned out and the new tires were just enough to get the job done. We each have to live with our choices.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Like that the teams can't harass the race director any longer. Happy as long as they don't stop showing footage of Toto generally splintering for whatever reason.

IMHO the announced 'reassessment' of the unlapping rules to some extent supports Masi's decision - albeit unpopular - as it suggests that what he did wasn't entirely counter to the rules and a rewrite is needed to mitigate against a future occurrence. Otherwise a reassessment wouldn't be required.

If it was clear that Masi erred the FIA could've - presumably - deliberated and redressed the decision and awarded the win to Hammo on the basis of evidence. Surely that would've been raised during the appeal process. Masi's position became untenable though, wouldn't be surprised if he asked for the change.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Some folks complain that Driver A got away with something Driver B didn't. Whose fault was that? How did some drivers get punished for moves that Max or Lewis but mostly Max didn't get punished for? Whose fault was that? Drivers, any competitor for that matter will push to the edge of the rules but what stops it becoming a free for all is enforcement of the rules. Masi did fck all to reign in the drivers and thus you had the shitshow that was the final race. The one thing F1 had to do was to avoid an controversy in the last race and boom Masi does another U turn when the pressure is on.

I think most of the F1 fans in this chat are missing the important points. The rules of the restart as they were written in the Rule Book were not followed. Only the lapped cars between first and second on the track were told to un-lap themselves and that's not in the rulebook is it? This was after it was broadcast to all teams that no pass through was being allowed then Masi got shouted at by Red Bull and boom rule change. Even if it was allowed to let selective backmarkers through, the rule of bringing the safety car in the lap after the backmarkers are let through was also ignored. I mean that one is pretty clear. Red Bull gambled that the track would be cleared quick enough to allow Max a shot at Lewis with one or two laps remaining but as it stood the track wasn't cleared in time and thus under the rules that everyone was following. Had Lewis known he could have gotten a free tyre stop I'm sure he would have in too but that's not in the rules is it. Lewis was going to win under the Safety Car. Boring but there you go. Red Bull shouted at Masi and Masi tore up the rule book to allow Max on the back of Lewis. Max will be known as the 2021 Champion but it was handed to him on a fresh set of soft tyres. Victory yes but meh.

So, how can teams effectively manage their races and drivers when the rules are not followed or are followed but randomly? Why should they spend all that money and work all hours of the year if the rules they are working to and under cannot be trusted to be enforced as they are written in the rule book itself. Bonkers. Masi had to go and those that should have been protecting him from the teams bosses have to go as well.

TBH - after Horners comment on the marshalls he should have been banned from the race track for the rest of the season and heavily fined with any second comment earning him a life long ban from all FIA circuits. Protect your assets fine but lashing out at folks that cannot defend themselves is not on.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
Yawn. Translation of all that. Pay attention to this, not that. Only this maters, ya whatever. It’s done and decided. Verstappen is the Champ. Time to pull up your skirts and move on, the new season is a month away.

Some folks complain that Driver A got away with something Driver B didn't. Whose fault was that? How did some drivers get punished for moves that Max or Lewis but mostly Max didn't get punished for? Whose fault was that? Drivers, any competitor for that matter will push to the edge of the rules but what stops it becoming a free for all is enforcement of the rules. Masi did fck all to reign in the drivers and thus you had the shitshow that was the final race. The one thing F1 had to do was to avoid an controversy in the last race and boom Masi does another U turn when the pressure is on.

I think most of the F1 fans in this chat are missing the important points. The rules of the restart as they were written in the Rule Book were not followed. Only the lapped cars between first and second on the track were told to un-lap themselves and that's not in the rulebook is it? This was after it was broadcast to all teams that no pass through was being allowed then Masi got shouted at by Red Bull and boom rule change. Even if it was allowed to let selective backmarkers through, the rule of bringing the safety car in the lap after the backmarkers are let through was also ignored. I mean that one is pretty clear. Red Bull gambled that the track would be cleared quick enough to allow Max a shot at Lewis with one or two laps remaining but as it stood the track wasn't cleared in time and thus under the rules that everyone was following. Had Lewis known he could have gotten a free tyre stop I'm sure he would have in too but that's not in the rules is it. Lewis was going to win under the Safety Car. Boring but there you go. Red Bull shouted at Masi and Masi tore up the rule book to allow Max on the back of Lewis. Max will be known as the 2021 Champion but it was handed to him on a fresh set of soft tyres. Victory yes but meh.

So, how can teams effectively manage their races and drivers when the rules are not followed or are followed but randomly? Why should they spend all that money and work all hours of the year if the rules they are working to and under cannot be trusted to be enforced as they are written in the rule book itself. Bonkers. Masi had to go and those that should have been protecting him from the teams bosses have to go as well.

TBH - after Horners comment on the marshalls he should have been banned from the race track for the rest of the season and heavily fined with any second comment earning him a life long ban from all FIA circuits. Protect your assets fine but lashing out at folks that cannot defend themselves is not on.
Sponsored