Sponsored

Let's talk "AI"

Skye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
"Skye" Mach1 N2144
Read of that incident at another news outlet this morning.

Ya, something of an AI "fail". At least they had the foresight to run it in a lab or sim. Others experimenting with this technology, maybe not so much.

Time is a concern of mine. What runs well for an hour, what happens 30 minutes after, or the next day? We won't be able to conceive all the possibilities, while that is expressly what the technology is attempting to do the moment it's turned on (I can't kill the operator, but I can destroy his communications infrastructure).

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2022 EB premium vert, 2013 Escape, 2017 F150 SC5.0
hal9000-hal.gif

Sponsored

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I actually have these throughout my home running almost everything that has an electrical connection. Is there an issue I should be aware of?
IMG_2686.jpeg
I think he was referring to 2001 A Space Odyssey. Remember when HAL kills Dave? Dave was trying to disconnect the computer because it had killed other astronauts unprompted.

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
I think he was referring to 2001 A Space Odyssey. Remember when HAL kills Dave? Dave was trying to disconnect the computer because it had killed other astronauts unprompted.

Yep, I meant to include the quote "sorry Dave" but forgot

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
Yep, I meant to include the quote "sorry Dave" but forgot
You canā€™t connect the dots moving forward but you can looking backwards. Itā€™s funny, how even back then, someone had enough sense, to make a movie depicting a computer that had a sense of self awareness. Who would stop at nothing to stay ā€œalive.ā€ We are playing with fire, but we donā€™t believe it till we put our hands in the fire to know it burns.

Sponsored

lacanteen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
You canā€™t connect the dots moving forward but you can looking backwards. Itā€™s funny, how even back then, someone had enough sense, to make a movie depicting a computer that had a sense of self awareness. Who would stop at nothing to stay ā€œalive.ā€ We are playing with fire, but we donā€™t believe it till we put our hands in the fire to know it burns.
I read the book twice in the 1970s.

AZlb5.0

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Carlos
Vehicle(s)
18 GT Premium
I read the book twice in the 1970s.
Iā€™ve never read the book but seen the movie several times. I might see if can grab the book at Amazon. Iā€™m sure thereā€™s more in-depth details in the book then the movie.

key01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 now gone to a great home.
Hal 9000. Developed at the University of Illinois in Urbana Illinois.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
Story was retracted.

Col. Hamilton admits he "misspoke" in his presentation at the Royal Aeronautical Society FCAS Summit, and the "rogue AI drone simulation" was a hypothetical "thought experiment" from outside the military, based on plausible scenarios and likely outcomes rather than an actual USAF real-world simulation, saying: "We've never run that experiment, nor would we need to in order to realize that this is a plausible outcome." He clarifies that the USAF has not tested any weaponized AI in this way (real or simulated) and says, "Despite this being a hypothetical example, this illustrates the real-world challenges posed by AI-powered capability and is why the Air Force is committed to the ethical development of AI."
Sponsored