Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
Are we still arguing about Abu Dhabi?

Max won, he will forever be the champion for 2021, in the record books it will never be denoted that Hamilton was "robbed". FIA fumbled the decision, although I may be amongst the few that think the correct decision was to have them race for it, they just went about it the wrong way. I have said it before, they should have done what Nascar does and Red Flag so we get a Green Whited Checkered Finish.

On to bigger news, whats everyone have to say about the Andretti news?
1. Yes :facepalm: :giggle:
2. Agreed:like: Let’s see what happens if we find ourselves in the same position again.
3. YES!!!:like::clap: But two years is a long way off. Fingers crossed.
Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Hamilton is a world class driver hands down but he's managed to eclipse his driving accomplishments in becoming an even bigger diva. Without F1 Hamilton will fade in to oblivion.
Most likely. But he”ll do it with $500m in his pocket. Let’s just pray that none of these drivers go though what Michael has. Fame and money mean nothing if it cannot be enjoyed.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
Agreed. I don’t wish Hamilton any ill will. Unfortunately with so many at that level they lose the humility that would greatly benefit them and for sure later on down the road. I firmly believe social media is a cancer on society.

Most likely. But he”ll do it with $500m in his pocket. Let’s just pray that none of these drivers go though what Michael has. Fame and money mean nothing if it cannot be enjoyed.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)

Weather756

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
From LH...

“This has nothing to do with Max,” Hamilton told reporters at the Mercedes W13 launch event.

“Max did everything a driver would do given the opportunity he was given.

“He is a great competitor and we will go into another battle like we did last year and conduct ourselves. We will obviously grow from our races and experiences we had last year also this season.

“I have no issues with him.”

Well said...

Now on to 2022..

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
From LH...

“This has nothing to do with Max,” Hamilton told reporters at the Mercedes W13 launch event.

“Max did everything a driver would do given the opportunity he was given.

“He is a great competitor and we will go into another battle like we did last year and conduct ourselves. We will obviously grow from our races and experiences we had last year also this season.

“I have no issues with him.”

Well said...

Now on to 2022..
True. Any other driver would have done the same thing in the situation.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Where have I heard this?

Fernando Alonso has played down the ongoing drama surrounding the way last year's championship finale played out.

When asked if he agrees that his former nemesis was "robbed" of his eighth title by the ousted Michael Masi's controversial decision, the 40-year-old insisted: "No.

"It was a big deal because it was the last race of the season," the Alpine driver added.

"But in 20 years something like that happened 200 times. 200 times to me, 200 times to Michael, 200 times to Montoya, 200 times to everyone. If it happens in the third or fifth race, it's no big deal.

"This time it was the last race with two laps to go"

Last edited:

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Where have I heard this?
Hello; I like that take on the incident. Similar to the point I have been making. The same sort of thing happened in earlier races to other drivers.
As some of us have written, Max got the bad calls in other races and the diva was just fine with the results going his way and against Max.
The drama after the season was over was just as it seemed to be. An attempt to sway the results by letting us believe he was thinking of quitting. I guess in hopes his celebrity status or spectator draw would get him what he wanted, an overturn of the results.

He is a good driver, but the car is the bigger star in the set. Put him in a bottom ten make and he will be an also ran same as others. My take is a number of drivers can win in that car.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Let the babies stay home. Vettel is a brat.

There are 5,000 guys behind him that will race even if there's a full out fire fight on the streets outside.
No there aren’t. They will all boycott if the FIA babies do not cancel. You do not go into a country that is at war to run a stupid car race. You really need to get your priorities in order.
Sponsored