Sponsored

Formula 1 talk.

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
The rules of the restart as they were written in the Rule Book were not followed.
So if Masi so clearly erred why didn't the FIA override - maybe they can't - because it's not like anyone had to speculate what the alternative outcome would've been.

And if it's clear the rules weren't followed why are they being 'reassessed'? Presumably there's an element of doubt there as to whether they're fit for purpose.

I'm not fending Masi btw I just think there's more to it than him having a brain fart.
Sponsored

gixxersixxerman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Thomas
Vehicle(s)
2020 GR Supra
Hello; His win is not tainted. Max/the team made the better call to get new tires under the situation and was able to pass his rival on the track under race conditions. The race was not given to him nor was the championship.
The championship was not won just in that last lap. It was a contest over all the races. Again, I refer to the fact that the whiner sat back and took the points in other races when similar questionable calls were made that went in his favor.
So, when it went in his favor in earlier races, he did not threaten to quit nor say the calls were bad. When things did not go his way, he uses his position as a popular celebrity to stir things up.
Both he and Max were under the same conditions in that last race. Max made the better call as it turned out and the new tires were just enough to get the job done. We each have to live with our choices.
First it’s been told to you time and time again about how the rules were broken, no one’s fault but your own if you don’t want to listen… and wtf are you on about threatening to quit? Or stirring things up. Lewis went on vacation and didn’t say a freaking word to anyone.. that’s all click bait journalists that came up with the whole going to retire BS

if the rules were followed Mercedes’ made the right call.

raptor17GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Manual 2017
Yawn. Translation of all that. Pay attention to this, not that. Only this maters, ya whatever. It’s done and decided. Verstappen is the Champ. Time to pull up your skirts and move on, the new season is a month away.
As I have stated earlier in this thread, I don't watch F1 but I see the same inconsistency in the motorsport I do watch which I do care about hence my comments. Your dismissal of any comments regarding rule implementation merely underlines your blindness, sobeit.

So if Masi so clearly erred why didn't the FIA override - maybe they can't - because it's not like anyone had to speculate what the alternative outcome would've been.

And if it's clear the rules weren't followed why are they being 'reassessed'? Presumably there's an element of doubt there as to whether they're fit for purpose.

I'm not fending Masi btw I just think there's more to it than him having a brain fart.
Pure and simple masi had a brain fart again and the folks that should have stepped up to help him didn't and thus the result in front of millions of people was too much to change. Horse, barn door.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Last edited:

Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
First it’s been told to you time and time again about how the rules were broken, no one’s fault but your own if you don’t want to listen… and wtf are you on about threatening to quit? Or stirring things up. Lewis went on vacation and didn’t say a freaking word to anyone.. that’s all click bait journalists that came up with the whole going to retire BS

if the rules were followed Mercedes’ made the right call.
Hello; Not sure how the rules were broken. Max did not break any rules. He did the best he could and he/his team put his car in position to be in the lead at the end.
There are written rules and there was a person, Masi, who had the authority to make on the scene calls. The reason for having such a person on site in real time is to make calls in unusual circumstances. He made a call and it stands. You and some others did not like that call. In previous races some calls were made that went against Max I did not like, but they stood. We on this forum griped about it briefly but let it go. A point being had those previous calls not gone against Max the championship points would have tallied some different at the last race.

I use a basket ball reference. Some player sinks the last shot of the game and his team wins. I do not see that particular shot as the "winning" shot. It is the total score which determines the win. A shot made in the first period counts as much as the last shot.

The real circumstance was the mishap which happened in the last laps. I get it. Had that incident not happened the whiner would have cruised to a win. But it did happen. The field bunched up and the call was made to have the race finish under green flag actual racing.

To your point about Hamilton simply being on vacation. He and his media minions never corrected the speculation. They allowed the press reports to stand. I do not guess he is required to clear up "misinformation" but could have simply let it be known he was not about to quit.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I think it is fairly simple.

Masi had to go due to being found to not follow the rules and as a sacrifice to MB.

FIA could not say out right they messed up or there would be more calls for the championship to be over turned.

Hamilton fans will always know he was really the champion of the season and got robbed.

Verstappen fans will always know he won the championship because he won the last race and will point out (correctly) they are not responsible for Masi's errors.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
I use a basket ball reference. Some player sinks the last shot of the game and his team wins. I do not see that particular shot as the "winning" shot. It is the total score which determines the win. A shot made in the first period counts as much as the last shot.
Absolutely. As I've said before, if the schedule had been, for example, with Abu Dhabi the first race and Silverstone the next to last and every race result was identical, 95% of what fans say now would be completely different. Virtually none would have been calling for heads to roll immediately following the Abu Dhabi first race. And Lewis would be worse than Hitler for taking his rival out on the first lap of the next to last race. If Masi's mistake is outrageous, unforgivable, worse than WW II because it cost Lewis a 14 point swing, how much worse was Lewis' mistakes that cost much bigger swings the other way?

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Absolutely. As I've said before, if the schedule had been, for example, with Abu Dhabi the first race and Silverstone the next to last and every race result was identical, 95% of what fans say now would be completely different. Virtually none would have been calling for heads to roll immediately following the Abu Dhabi first race. And Lewis would be worse than Hitler for taking his rival out on the first lap of the next to last race. If Masi's mistake is outrageous, unforgivable, worse than WW II because it cost Lewis a 14 point swing, how much worse was Lewis' mistakes that cost much bigger swings the other way?
Hello; Such is one point about the season in total. Lewis pulled some stunts before the last race. I get some are die-hard fans of a driver or make. They will cheer if their driver/make cheats and wins. They will cry foul if their driver/gets a bad call but will be pleased if several bad calls go against a rival.
Back many seasons ago the race was at Indianapolis IN. One year there were two main tire makers supplying tires. One make of tire was not suited for the track and the cars had to be withdrawn. That tire maker was willing to fly in some better suited tires, but the Ferrari team blocked that using some obscure written rule.
So, with his competition out Schumacher paraded around the track for nearly two hours and was declared a winner. One of my friends was and likely still is a die-hard Ferrari fan. He celebrated than race even tho it was a farce.
The indy F1 race was the only one I ever attended personally. I was not there that year but decided to stop going. If I had been in the stands having paid over $100 for a ticket to watch a non-race, I would have been pissed. I do not go to races in hopes to see some bit of a rule determine a race. I want to see the drivers decide the outcome on the track.

NASCAR has made some decent moves in trying to have the races finish under green.

Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
They threw him under the bus like any self respecting anglo enterprise, at the same time admitting their own failures LOL.

Where's Bernie? He must be laughing his butt off watching these banker amateurs try and run F1.

The Germans call the shots and if Ferrari or anyone else doesn't like it they don't have to play in the same sandbox.
1645238576160.gif

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
They threw him under the bus like any self respecting anglo enterprise, at the same time admitting their own failures LOL.

Where's Bernie? He must be laughing his butt off watching these banker amateurs try and run F1.

The Germans call the shots and if Ferrari or anyone else doesn't like it they don't have to play in the same sandbox.
Not sure what anglo has to do with it but okay.... 🤔

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60

AdrianMAK

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.makperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
2015 TY Mustang GT Premium
Are we still arguing about Abu Dhabi?

Max won, he will forever be the champion for 2021, in the record books it will never be denoted that Hamilton was "robbed". FIA fumbled the decision, although I may be amongst the few that think the correct decision was to have them race for it, they just went about it the wrong way. I have said it before, they should have done what Nascar does and Red Flag so we get a Green Whited Checkered Finish.

On to bigger news, whats everyone have to say about the Andretti news?
Sponsored