Formula 1 talk.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
I think they should just let Hamilton sign a waver taking all responsibility for his jewelry and whatever issues it may bring....be done with it. If he needs an MRI and has to have it cut out then let the doctors deal with it. Same for any other driver that wants to pierce his body wherever.
Just F1/FIA BS. And of course the media. They need to talk about Hamilton and since he’s doing nothing on the track they have to find something else.

Except for racing after the safety car the race was a snooze fest. Red Bull’s straight line advantage overcame Ferrari’s advantage in the corners. Merc showed some improvement but they are still no match for the front runners. Good day for Bottas, Ocon, & Albon. The super hyped track honestly didn’t race all that much better than Monaco. Maybe it was the yachts?
Sponsored

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Just F1/FIA BS. And of course the media. They need to talk about Hamilton and since he’s doing nothing on the track they have to find something else.

Except for racing after the safety car the race was a snooze fest. Red Bull’s straight line advantage overcame Ferrari’s advantage in the corners. Merc showed some improvement but they are still no match for the front runners. Good day for Bottas, Ocon, & Albon. The super hyped track honestly didn’t race all that much better than Monaco. Maybe it was the yachts?
Hello; You beat me to the comment about them needing to talk Hamilton. He did get into the news.

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Really? American Football helmets? They looked so stupid on the podium.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
They need to talk about Hamilton and since he’s doing nothing on the track they have to find something else.
Well it is a British broadcasting network...so makes sense.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
Well it is a British broadcasting network...so makes sense.
Yeah, they need to do something about that. The Sky coverage is fair at best. Bring back the old SpeedTV crew. We need American based coverage to continue the growth of F1 in the US.

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Yeah, they need to do something about that. The Sky coverage is fair at best. Bring back the old SpeedTV crew. We need American based coverage to continue the growth of F1 in the US.
At the time I thought speed was good but Leigh diffy, Martin Brundle and a couple ex F1 drivers sprinkled was a much better mix. They had a younger average age and David Hobbs got into some hot water after a not so nice comment about Asian speaking language on air.

Now they got Brundle, Croft, DiResta, Chandok, Kravitz and Davidson which are ok but I like it when they have Button, Rosberg and Webber sprinkled in.

hopefuly they can return to that formula soon.

the new gal they have working the mic is a nice addition too.

Last edited:

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
At the time I thought speed was good but Leigh diffy, Martin Brundle and a couple ex F1 drivers sprinkled was a much better mix. They had a younger average age and David Hobbs got into some hot water after a not so nice comment about Asian speaking language on air.

Now they got Brundle, Croft, DiResta, Chandok, Kravitz and Davidson which are ok but I like it when they have Button, Rosberg and Webber sprinkled in.

hopefuly they can return to that formula soon.

the new gal they have working the mic is a nice addition too.
Hello; The current cast of talkers are just another poor sound during a race added to the poor engine sounds. For a while after the race cars went turbo the best sound during a race was the throaty V8 of the Mercedes pace car. I watch IMSA and those talkers are hard on the ears as well.

I especially liked Hobbs. Tickled me when he called Louis Louise.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I really liked the Speed Guys. Button and Weber to I liked. Not a fan of the others, especially the screamer.

Hello; The current cast of talkers are just another poor sound during a race added to the poor engine sounds. For a while after the race cars went turbo the best sound during a race was the throaty V8 of the Mercedes pace car. I watch IMSA and those talkers are hard on the ears as well.

I especially liked Hobbs. Tickled me when he called Louis Louise.

Timeless

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Grand Highlander Hybrid Max Limited
I enjoyed the Miami race with Button and Patrick...Patrick you could tell was trying really hard but settled down eventually.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Kids. 🙄

Pitpass posted an article saying Wurz supported the Jewelry ban. I commented that it seemed hypocritical for an F1 driver who refused to remove part of his legs to side against drivers who refuse to remove jewelry.

I was asked what I meant! Scary to realize how inadequately F1 history is taught in school.
Sponsored