Formula 1 talk.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
Hello; back in high school days my second job was at a local drug store. One of my tasks was to deliver medications to some people. Not an everyday part of the job as most folks came into the store.
I was sent to the house of a family whose son had just been killed in a car wreck. Some sort of sedative was my guess, but the pharmacist rarely told me anything about the medicine. Turned out it was the mother who opened the door.
I guess she just had to talk. She told me how before authorities got to and secured the wreck scene that all her son's jewelry was stolen. Watch and rings. This was before piercing and gold necklaces for men.
I knew the son vaguely. He was older than me for a while. He drove a nice convertible and likely had nice rings and watch. This was also before MRI's as well.
The state of F1 is questionable when this jewelry issue gets so much press and social media coverage. Sort of a prima donna issue near as I can tell.
Sponsored

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT/CS, 2021 Volvo XC60
The state of F1 is questionable when this jewelry issue gets so much press and social media coverage. Sort of a prima donna issue near as I can tell.
Well then I guess all of the drivers are prima donnas since virtually all of them have commented on this issue (and underwear). It's one of those "rules" that have never really mattered in the past and have never caused any concerns for the teams of the drivers. The media is making this far more of a big deal than I believe it actual is.

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This whole thing is comical. But, what happened to the rules are rules crowd from last year.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
This whole thing is comical. But, what happened to the rules are rules crowd from last year.
Yeah.

But what I don't understand is why Lewis wouldn't welcome being able to pee standing up.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)
There are rules and then there are rules.

Driving in the left lane on a highway, not using your turn signals, not coming to a full stop. You do these things every day and most likely will never get stopped or ticketed.

Driving 100MPH in a 55MPH zone. You're going to get stopped and ticketed. Possible arrested.

By the way the "rule" has been around for 17 years. All of the sudden they decide to enforce it. Hmmm.

Sponsored

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
There are rules and then there are rules.

Sorry, can’t claim rules are rules to penalize an opponent to get an advantage and then say, I don’t like this one so I’m calllong bs on it. There’s a term for it, its called hypocrisy. I do think the whole thing is ridiculous.

Driving in the left lane on a highway, not using your turn signals, not coming to a full stop. You do these things every day and most likely will never get stopped or ticketed.

Driving 100MPH in a 55MPH zone. You're going to get stopped and ticketed. Possible arrested.

By the way the "rule" has been around for 17 years. All of the sudden they decide to enforce it. Hmmm.

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Speechless, huh?

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Shock move! Alonso signs for Aprilla in MotoGP when Aleix EspargarĂł rejects contract.

Bikeman315

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ira
Vehicle(s)

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
I bet Checo will not be real happy with 2nd. Real chance to win. But he is a team player.
Hello; I get your point. F1 has been a team sport with the best choice being whatever is best for the team and generally not the drivers. Had the two RB's been allowed to duke it out both could have been knocked out of the points. That is one way to look at it. We have seen some drivers race hard with their teammates regardless of team orders.

I like to pretend the same would be done if the situation was reversed and Max was in the lead with older tires. Regardless the drivers get a very nice paycheck. Pay me such an amount and i will pull over also.
Sponsored