Sponsored

Fore return fuel system install

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Im tackling this install this weekend, but im doing th e triple pump setup. Anyonebhave pictures of different way you installed the gauge?

As mentioned, the fuel line inside the tank gets reconnected to the fore pumps? What is this line used for? Im surprised its not being replaced.

Does anyone have a little better explanation of electrical wiring? I read that pumps 2 and 3 only come on under boost? How does that work out wiring wise?

Thank you

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Im tackling this install this weekend, but im doing th e triple pump setup. Anyonebhave pictures of different way you installed the gauge?

As mentioned, the fuel line inside the tank gets reconnected to the fore pumps? What is this line used for? Im surprised its not being replaced.

Does anyone have a little better explanation of electrical wiring? I read that pumps 2 and 3 only come on under boost? How does that work out wiring wise?

Thank you
The line inside the tank does get hooked back up. Once you have the old out, new sitting there having unhooked the old, you'll understand.

As far as pumps 2 & 3, did you buy Fore's block? Did you buy Hobb's switch(es)?

Sponsored

bklynpanman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
I was told to run 2 full time and boost activate the third. Especially on E85. Fc3 controller ?

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Thanks! I'll read through them. They're not as good as your write up, so was doing my best to mimic your setup.
Here's great thread on the other forum www.svtperformance. com/forums/showthread.php?1012439-Wiring-with-Fore-fc3-controller-and-hobbs-switch remove the space to get the entire URL.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Stupid question: Am I supposed to run return to return? My system looks a little different than yours.

And where do I run feed to on the regulator?

One of my steel braided hoses is fatter than the other. Which one is feed and which is return?

Lastly, which hose do I run the filter to?

Thanks!
20160704_141138.jpg
20160704_141333.jpg
20160704_141339.jpg

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Looks like you can get -8 for both feed & return or you can get -10 for feed and -8 for return. If you have two different sizes, then bigger size is feed, smaller is return.

BTW, -10 == 5/8, -8 == 1/2.

Bottom of that regulator, smaller line, back to "return" port on fuel hat.

I put my fuel filter in-line on the feed line.

My advice, lay everything out on the floor and ensure you have the proper fittings before cutting anything.

Connecting the rails can be done many different ways, so it depends on fittings/lines/etc as to what the expectation was as to how that was supposed to be hooked up. But to give you some insight into how mine is done

Out of both sides of the regular, go to the front of the fuel rails. Rear rails are Y'd off the feed.

My phone/Dropbox are being stupid, but I'll try and get a picture if you don't understand.

https://goo.gl/photos/ELGnbKHveyaXPovF7 << "schematic" of fuel system.

Last edited:

Sponsored

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What do you think of this location for the fuel filter?

It fits under the plastic shielding at that spot.

Also random; but how often do we have to change the fuel filter?

Another question; Flow should "Flow" towards the front of the car right?
20160704_160614.jpg

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
What do you think of this location for the fuel filter?

It fits under the plastic shielding at that spot.

Also random; but how often do we have to change the fuel filter?

Another question; Flow should "Flow" towards the front of the car right?
If it fits, it's fine.

As far as service interval, ask Fore, it's their filter, they'd know better than anyone else.

Yes, flow is direction of the fuel, so towards the front of the car.

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hi all, wondering if I could ask a few questions. I think I have what Fore calls the stage 2 system.

That said, the first picture I am attaching is a picture of my fuel distribution panel to show you what I'm working with.

The second picture is of my fuel pumps (Triple pump system) installed. If all the connectors are snug should be ok right?

The third picture this post mentions cutting 2 wires to attach to fuel pump setup in order to splice into for the fuel gauge. I circle the 2 wires I think I should cut. Please confirm?

The 4th picture shows A wire which I can only guess if for my single pump? Do I just plug this into the fore pump wiring where it fits then run the 2 wires to my fuel distribution panel?

The 5th picture; do I take these 4 wires connect to remaining connector on fore fuel pump and then run to pumps 2 and 3 on the fuel distribution panel? Does it matter which wire goes to which terminal? I'm guessing the usual black to negative right?

Battery power is straight forward. For Negative, just drill a screw into the tire wall as shown and put an eyelet on the black supplied negative cable to ground the system right?

All that is left is the remote trigger for pumps 2 and 3 to run to the hobbs switch? Does anyone have any pictures of the best mounting location for this on a whipple setup?

In regards to the remote 1, where does a wire from here go exactly?

Sorry for the silly questions. I want to do this exactly right.

Thank you.
20160705_211418.jpg
20160705_202708.jpg
20160705_211344.jpg
20160705_211350.jpg
20160705_211311.jpg

esacteksab

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The second picture is of my fuel pumps (Triple pump system) installed. If all the connectors are snug should be ok right?
Only one way to find out. Put fuel through it and check for leaks.

The third picture this post mentions cutting 2 wires to attach to fuel pump setup in order to splice into for the fuel gauge. I circle the 2 wires I think I should cut. Please confirm?
If this is the connector that plugged into the factory hat, then yes. Two smaller wires are for sending unit. Yellow/Grey == 12v+, White/Brown == Ground.

How many wires are coming out of the top of the hat? 4? 6? I have twin-pump hat and just have the 4-pin connector (two reds, two blacks -- one for each pump). If you have six wires coming out of the hat, then yes, I'd assume one black/red pair is for primary pump, the other two pairs are for second & third pump...or vice versa. 4 wires are for primary/secondary pump. Third pair is for third pump & hobbs switch.

For a ground, I used the chassis ground on the existing fuel pump relay (that big plug to the right of your fuel pump hat). The bolt nearest the door is chassis ground.

They're not silly questions. Did you get an opportunity to ask Fore? Purely a guess, so don't take my word as Gospel.

Battery Power == 12V off battery Here is the path I took to wire this https://imgur.com/a/FbWvK

Chassis Ground == You can run this through the same path above to battery, or you can go over to the chassis ground I just mentioned.

Pump 1, Pump 2, Pump 3 are the big 10ga red/black pairs in pictures 3/4. You need to figure out if you're going to run one or two pumps always on.

For the remote pump one, Yellow/Grey wire.

For the remote pump 2 & 3, hobbs switch.

I put my hobbs switch in the battery box. I put my regulator on the back of the blower. https://goo.gl/photos/zqizUNetTohGR8Q26