Sponsored

Ford pulls out of SEMA

seltzer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1…on order.
Ford is putting all of their eggs into the EV Car basket and sales are tanking. People are not going to be forced to buy an EV car when they DO-NOT-WANT-THEM. Big mistake
Well, Tesla is doing quite well. And with the war in Ukraine it’s become semi-patriotic since Russia and the Saudis provide a lot of oil. The US even reached out to Venezuela for oil. EV is the future, for better or worse.
Sponsored

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
Well, Tesla is doing quite well. And with the war in Ukraine it’s become semi-patriotic since Russia and the Saudis provide a lot of oil. The US even reached out to Venezuela for oil. EV is the future, for better or worse.
In January 2020, the US was for the first time in our history 100% self sufficient with regard to crude oil, natural gas. If you add up the cost to fully charge a EV car which is ironically charged by Coal burning power plants, which equates close to fill up an equivalent car fuel tank, at least it was in Jan 2020. I haven't checked current electrical cost per kilowatt to recheck the cost. Plus the US power grid could not sustain the added strain on our power grid to charge 100+ million EV cars, tractor trailers, boats, motor cycles, Cargo Shipping tankers, Trains, lawn mowers, trimmers, Airplanes, ETC, ETC, ETC. sometimes common sense should prevail while transitioning to a new, viable, affordable propulsion engine which could be used regularly, safely for general public everyday use. And hazardous lithium ion batteries is not that choice, and is not our future. We have the technology to slowly switch to a new, viable, and safe energy, it's just the wealthy will not allow it.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
USA has limited vehicle choice. Europe three times the choice. China 15 times the choice.
Can you clarify this? What "choice" are you talking about?

The fact is not many auto makers even want to be in USA where the only profitable vehicles are agrarian pick ups and the SUVs they are based on with such deep brand loyalty no one will even bother.

The Germans made record profits and China is their biggest market, while Ford lost $3 B. That's says it all.
Ford sells X10 the vehicles BMW does. I'm not sure what happened with Ford in Q1 this year (the -$3.1 billion), but I suspect is was financial smoke & mirrors, wiping some bad stuff off the books and doing it all in one quarter to get it over with. And BMWs have a cult following in China with certain wealthy people, so doing well selling there isn't surprising.

So....no, one quarter doesn't "say it all". It's a snap-shot of a particular moment in time.

I'm not very rosy on Ford's future, but one fiscal quarter hardly tells the story.

Last edited:

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
I'd bet it has something to do with the EPA and CARB clamping down on emissions (Thanks to Dodge). 2027 is going to be really interesting mostly in diesel emissions, but in emissions across the board. Most cars today, including Mustang, don't comply with the 2027 requirements, and with CARB no longer allowing a 49 state car, combined with trucks/cars connected to the cloud and ECU data monitored live, the tuning market is going to go away until a workaround is discovered. And I'd bet that workaround is going to be a VERY hefty fine once discovered.

Blindside

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT500 CFTP, 2019 F-250 Platinum
OEMs don't want people playing with their vehicles because of EPA/CARB. And, OEMs are getting into the aftermarket business themselves now more than ever. Look how many parts are for sale for the Bronco, F-150, Raptor, and Super Duty that are all Ford branded OEM parts? Follow the money.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
are we ever going to be caught up with supply vs demand? its not like our population doubled overnight. but I feel like the demand surely did. something isnt right.
I would suspect that because used car prices are so insanely high that more people want to buy new than they want to spend 5k+ more than what most used stuff is selling for right now. I know I certainly have 0 interest in buying anything used right now even though my winter beater is an absolute POS.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I know I certainly have 0 interest in buying anything used right now even though my winter beater is an absolute POS.
My local Ford dealer has a 2021 PP GT with 25,000 miles. Priced at 46K.

I did a ford build and the car I want, 22 PP, is 50K. With Granger pricing it comes to 46K.....

Sponsored

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
My local Ford dealer has a 2021 PP GT with 25,000 miles. Priced at 46K.

I did a ford build and the car I want, 22 PP, is 50K. With Granger pricing it comes to 46K.....
Yup, seems more of do you want it now for this much, or are you willing to wait for a completely unknown amount of time before getting your vehicle?

It's just totally crazy!

GilmourD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS - Ruby Red Metallic
Sema used to be such a blast. I don't find this odd and it's not neccessary because of their loss.

People aren't going to shows. Every sector hardware show, housewares show, shot, all are high cost and now low attended, due to the lockdown stuff, plus travel cost is a killer for people.
This right here.

Intel has pulled out of some of the bigger tech shows and they're not hurting for money.

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have been reading about people moving to a "virtual showroom" in the future, not anytime soon. but you could literally one day, put on a 3d helmet type device, and you would be in a 3d world/showroom/store, walk around, try on, see, 3d hands on, then checkout etc all at same time.

brb wallE in full effect, no ones going to ever leave their home in 100 years

DemonGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1991 Mustang GT, 2021 Mustang GT PP1
Sema used to be such a blast. I don't find this odd and it's not neccessary because of their loss.

People aren't going to shows. Every sector hardware show, housewares show, shot, all are high cost and now low attended, due to the lockdown stuff, plus travel cost is a killer for people.
What lockdown stuff?

I also wonder if some just cant get the parts they need to do the builds for the show?
Sponsored