Sponsored

Ford Performance track package or steeda suspension kit?

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
Why is one stop the hop kit $900, and the other $500? It doesn't look like you are comparing apples to apples.

Not sure you need camber plates if the car will never see road course (or autocross) use.
Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
Steeda Stop the Hop Starter kit is more than enough.

8) Steeda stop the hop starter kit - alternative BMR cradle lockout CB005.
So, you don't think the Ultimate Stop the Hop kit is necessary? That's what I was gonna get.

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
So, you don't think the Ultimate Stop the Hop kit is necessary? That's what I was gonna get.
Matt - what are your future plans/current HP?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
@tj@steeda
My plan is to make my car stay on the ground when I gun it. I plan on Tracking it at VIR and I go to back country deserted roads and stomp it.
This is what I'm looking at.
Screenshot_20210421-202614_Opera.jpg

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
@tj@steeda
My plan is to make my car stay on the ground when I gun it.
Screenshot_20210421-202614_Opera.jpg
do NOT!! get the dual-rate springs unless you want a 'race car' experience. And anyway you need adjustable dampers to handle those spring rates. (edit: overlooked you had MR)

The bar end-links are gratuitous without actual bars. I would source a GT350 set or a front from BMR and leave the rear alone.

Use eibach bump stops instead of Ford.

the 'basic' stop-the-hop kit is sufficient you can always add more parts later if you really, really need to. Get the camber plates though.
since you don't have a PP1/2 car get the PP1 toe links or press out the bushings and replace with the FP/PP1 bearing.

Those diff bushings are gonna make things loud and 'grindy'. Otherwise for 'stomp the gas' safety you want to minimally get the $40 replacement bolt kit for the shims if nothing else. Beyond that I recommend the WhiteLine bushings instead.

bump steer kit without roll-correcting arms is kinda silly. Steeda has front arms that come with bearings which you might like over the bushing-equipped ones.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
do NOT!! get the dual-rate springs unless you want a 'race car' experience. And anyway you need adjustable dampers to handle those spring rates.

The bar end-links are gratuitous without actual bars. I would source a GT350 set or the front from BMR and leave the rear alone.

Use eibach bump stops instead of Ford.

the 'basic' stop-the-hop kit is sufficient you can always add more parts later if you really, really need to.
since you don't have a PP1/2 car get the PP1 toe links or press out the bushings and replace with the FP/PP1 bearing.

Those diff bushings are gonna make things loud and 'grindy'. Otherwise for 'stomp the gas' safety you want to minimally get the $40 replacement bolt kit for the shims if nothing else. Beyond that I recommend the WhiteLine bushings instead.

bump steer kit without roll-correcting arms is kinda silly. Steeda has front arms that come with bearings which you might like over the bushing-equipped ones.
Thanks for the help.
My car is PP1, I imagine, since it's fully optioned with Brembo, larger radiator, larger sway bar, Magneride, active exhaust, etc.
Could you possibly throw up some links to the items you mentioned? I'm really not sure what a lot of that stuff is.
I guess my biggest concern is stopping the wheels spinning and 'hopping' and complete control during cornering.
Really appreciate your assistance.

I'm guessing these are the bushings : https://www.steeda.com/whiteline-kdt953-rear-subframe-bushing-kit#/filter:ss_ymm:Mustang$253E2021

And these are the springs: https://www.steeda.com/steeda-musta...ings_555-8210#/filter:ss_ymm:Mustang$253E2021

Do you mean these end links: https://www.bmrsuspension.com/?page=products&productid=1311&superpro=0

I have the Magneride so I think I need those dual rate springs?
Need help with the other parts you mentioned.
Thanks!

Last edited:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I have the Magneride so I think I need those dual rate springs?
unless it's a 80/20 track vs street car I would not. I updated my post with links to the products. You can not use non-MR springs on a MR setup. If you're not quite so serious about track time but want to improve matters I would buy the FP MR package. What you're really after is the VDM software maps but the hardware is still useful.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
unless it's a 80/20 track vs street car I would not. I updated my post with links to the products. You can not use non-MR springs on a MR setup. If you're not quite so serious about track time but want to improve matters I would buy the FP MR package. What you're really after is the VDM software maps but the hardware is still useful.
Ok, now, I looked at this. But I dismissed it as I have aarger sway bar already. Am I wrong?

Doesn't having non MR springs defeat the entire purpose of having MR?

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
But I dismissed it as I have aarger sway bar already. Am I wrong?
If the kit's bars are applicable to the PP2 trim, then I think it's safe to say your PP1 bars are softer and thus the upgrade applies. If you can figure out how to buy just the updated VDM software, be my guest.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This video seems to reference the GT350, not the GT?
maybe you should watch it first? There isn't even a dozen parts worth that is different between a GT350 and GT/EB car. And what there is is called out in the vid.

Michael_vroomvroom

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2020, MT, EU (not quite PP1), Magneride
Hi, Is this whiteline kit the equivalent of
"https://www.steeda.com/steeda-s550-mustang-irs-sub-frame-bushing-support-system-2015-555-4437.html"?

Apart from the whiteline kit being half the price of Steeda's, any other reason for recommending it? Or is that the "loud and grindy" thing you refer to? Not present with the whiteline kit?

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
no. Differential != IRS

The Steeda and BMR differential bushing 'insert' kits use a high durometer material to 'sandwich' the Ford soft/flexi-rubber. The Whiteline uses a softer material and thus less vibration pass-thru. Unfortunately Whiteline appears to have discontinued their kit that totally replaces the Ford bushings. That's the one I put on 2 cars and it's lovely. The next closest thing is one from Energy Solutions but I can't speak to durometer of the materials.

The Steeda IRS support/lockout you referenced is akin to this Whiteline kit.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Here is what I installed on my 2019 Bullitt. The NVH is super low and no issue of concern at all, given the hardcore parts that I’ve installed. I do have some very brief vibration when driving through 40-45 mph and 75-80 mph, but once I pass through those speeds, it goes away. That’s something I can definitely live with, given the results that I have gained from these mods. Well worth it, not to mention there’s no more wheel hop!

- Steeda Stop the Hop Enthusiast Kit
- Steeda differential bushing kit (using the black bushings)
- Steeda differential through bolt kit
- Steeda billet vertical links with delrin bushings
- Steeda Hardcore differential support bracket
- Steeda drive shaft safety loop
- Steeda adjustable motor mounts (drag race configuration)
Sponsored

Last edited: