gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
Dont waste your time on a 18+ Roush. If your heart is set on going blower, then Whipple, Edelbrock, or either of the centri's is the way to go.

The factory Roush tune is a turd and will have a tough time beating a bolt on e85 N/A car.

Roush car with DR only runs 10.86
https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/threads/2018-roush-phase-1-a10-goes-10s.112630/

PBD Tuned a 2018 Roushcharged car. Made 666 whp Ran 10.40

PBD Tuned a 2018 Roushcharged car on E85. Car made 735 whp. A car with 735 whp will run high 9's. They then added a 100 shot of nitrous and made 857 whp.
100 Shot of nitroius to break 800 wheel??!?! LMAO. I made 821 wheel on 10-11 psi boost.

The E85 cars have probably spent as much as a Roushcharged only car, and they are most likely doing it with gutted interiors.
No. And.. No.

Again I understand your point, but from what I have seen, and again I am no expert, the stock roush tune will deliver significant and noticeable higher TQ and HP everywhere in the range over a BO NA E85 car. Would love to see actual facts to the contrary.
Like the multiple videos already posted in this thread?

Like this?
@unload

As I am sure you would agree, A race on youtube between two different drivers wiht 2 different skill levels, maybe on 2 different tires, that are maybe 2 different temperature levels, that are maybe putting in 2 different effort levels, is least to me, not "actual facts". Thanks for sharing this though
bp.gif
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
I wouldnt think a fully Modded E85 custom tuned Mustang would retain it's warranty. Not that everyone cares about that, some do. The canned tunes on any of these kits is soft for durability and saftey. A Max effort N/A car won't handle a Max Effort Forced induction car. I get that the cost of a fully modded custom tuned E85 car is less than that of any FI kit. But those like the Roush/ Ford Performance kit maintain a drivetrain warranty which I'd assume a fully modded e85 car wouldn't. Its just going to depend on your preference.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I wouldnt think a fully Modded E85 custom tuned Mustang would retain it's warranty. Not that everyone cares about that, some do. The canned tunes on any of these kits is soft for durability and saftey. A Max effort N/A car won't handle a Max Effort Forced induction car. I get that the cost of a fully modded custom tuned E85 car is less than that of any FI kit. But those like the Roush/ Ford Performance kit maintain a drivetrain warranty which I'd assume a fully modded e85 car wouldn't. Its just going to depend on your preference.
this was part of one of the original statements. if your want ease of warranty (from roush not ford) then it can be an option. I believe most people will eventually get the urge to go past the warranty. at that point is where the roush is disappointing. unless you can get one for cheap

Sponsored

Bloney

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
this was part of one of the original statements. if your want ease of warranty (from roush not ford) then it can be an option. I believe most people will eventually get the urge to go past the warranty. at that point is where the roush is disappointing. unless you can get one for cheap
I agree the Roush is handicapped compared to other offerings. PBD has a nice tune upgrade but compared to the other positive displacement blowers, it lacks for sure.

WhiteyDog

WOOF!!!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP
I like my Roush/Ford Racing set-up just fine. Hauls more than enough ass for me, but admittedly I'm tuned with Lund. I ain't here to debate and argue because I just don't give a f*ck what anybody thinks. But d*mn @gimmie11s , that guy on the bicycle video you posted is some funny sh*t!!!

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
I like my Roush/Ford Racing set-up just fine. Hauls more than enough ass for me, but admittedly I'm tuned with Lund. I ain't here to debate and argue because I just don't give a f*ck what anybody thinks. But d*mn @gimmie11s , that guy on the bicycle video you posted is some funny sh*t!!!
this is also different for the 15-17 vs the 18+ roush units. the 18+ unit is the one some people are not happy with.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I think the 15-17 units were better.. allowing for a better TB upgrade in the future should the owner want it. Of course the 18+ guys have less room under the hood which caused all the problems.

With a tune, a 15-17 Roush/Ford blower is a good unit IMO.

:)

Last edited:

Platinum_5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Daniel
Vehicle(s)
2021 10R Whipple
No it's not misleading. Mustangs come from the factory with many different tires. How much HP does a DR add.......NONE. The DR makes up for the sh!tty track prep at Atco on Tuesday nights. I've had enough if your drivel. You now have the honor of being the first person on my IGNORE LIST.
Yeah! I agree with this genius! Why waste money on drag radials anyway? They add ZERO horespower. :headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang::headbang:

Sponsored

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
this is also different for the 15-17 vs the 18+ roush units. the 18+ unit is the one some people are not happy with.
I knew when I bought my Roush I wouldn't be as upgrade-able as other superchargers. Some of us are completely happy with the Roush. A cat delete, Boostane, and a tune and I'll be running low 10's. I don't care to run 9's. I don't care to put an 8 point cage in my car that will severely devalue it. An 18 car with only a Roush tune in it has run 10.86 @ 129.75 I have yet to see a FBO E85 car come even close to that time. There's been 2 revisions since that roll racing video. I don't consider roll racing a fair assessment, there's been many videos on YouTube that have been staged. A time slip tells the true story.

gimmie11s

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Murica!
I knew when I bought my Roush I wouldn't be as upgrade-able as other superchargers. Some of us are completely happy with the Roush. A cat delete, Boostane, and a tune and I'll be running low 10's. I don't care to run 9's. I don't care to put an 8 point cage in my car that will severely devalue it. An 18 car with only a Roush tune in it has run 10.86 @ 129.75 I have yet to see a FBO E85 car come even close to that time. There's been 2 revisions since that roll racing video. I don't consider roll racing a fair assessment, there's been many videos on YouTube that have been staged. A time slip tells the true story.
You're sorely mistaken. Many have gone high 10s at high 120's N/A. The video below is a year old and they have gone faster since.

Also.. a cage isnt going to devalue your car any more than simply driving it off the lot. It's a Mustang GT, not a Shelby. It's worthless unfortunately

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
You're sorely mistaken. Many have gone high 10s at high 120's N/A. The video below is a year old and they have gone faster since.

Also.. a cage isnt going to devalue your car any more than simply driving it off the lot. It's a Mustang GT, not a Shelby. It's worthless unfortunately

The Steeda car is not FBO. They required a gear change to 4.09 to run the number. Gears are not a bolt on item. They are now running a converter which is not a bolt on item.