Sponsored

Ford Performance Supercharger

unload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
as stated before the peak HP doesn't net the performance. the roush tune delivers power slow and easy.
Again I understand your point, but from what I have seen, and again I am no expert, the stock roush tune will deliver significant and noticeable higher TQ and HP everywhere in the range over a BO NA E85 car. Would love to see actual facts to the contrary.
Sponsored

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Again I understand your point, but from what I have seen, and again I am no expert, the stock roush tune will deliver significant and noticeable higher TQ and HP everywhere in the range over a BO NA E85 car. Would love to see actual facts to the contrary.
Like this?

unload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Like this?
As I am sure you would agree, A race on youtube between two different drivers wiht 2 different skill levels, maybe on 2 different tires, that are maybe 2 different temperature levels, that are maybe putting in 2 different effort levels, is least to me, not "actual facts". Thanks for sharing this though

Last edited:

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
As I am sure you would agree, A race on youtube between two different drivers maybe on 2 different tires that are maybe 2 different temperature levels that are maybe putting in 2 different effort levels is least to me, not "actual facts". Thanks for sharing this though
basing performance off of dyno sheet is worse than any video. its been known since the gen 1 that the roush tune is not going to deliver anything impressive. we are just trying to give perspective for people about to spend 8k+ on performance. compared to maybe 5k e85 NA car.

NYDP77

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Mustang Stage 3
Vehicle Showcase
Power pack 2 isn’t in the same league as an e85 tune from one of the reputable tuners.
Hence, a Roush equipped car won’t make anywhere near the gap they expect on a decent NA setup.
I know its not. I was just comparing my experience. But the person I was responding to said e85 would win against a roush supercharger. I want to see proven times and videos on the drag strip not street racing videos haha.

Last edited:

Sponsored

unload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
basing performance off of dyno sheet is worse than any video. its been known since the gen 1 that the roush tune is not going to deliver anything impressive.
I agree completely with this but show us an NA dyno sheet that comes anywhere even close anywhere in the range to what a 2018 roush car actually delivers even though not impressive.

Saying a dyno sheet doesn't matter is quite different than saying "an A10 18+ on e85 would give you a tough time"

I am not disputing it but the facts don't support that but again I would love to see it.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
basing performance off of dyno sheet is worse than any video.
Agreed. The dragstrip is where it counts.

Angry50 said:
its been known since the gen 1 that the roush tune is not going to deliver anything impressive.
You can say that about any supercharger manufacturer. Look at all the 18+ Whipple owners on this board, nearly all have opted for a third party tune.

Angry50 said:
we are just trying to give perspective for people about to spend 8k+ on performance. compared to maybe 5k e85 NA car.
The best way to evaluate a car is on the drag strip. I've been following Stangmode on YouTube. 2018 A10. Jlt, PBD E85 tune, Texas Speed headers, X pipe, Drag pack with skinnies and drag radials. aluminum drive shaft, BMR suspension and Steeda suspension mods. Passenger and rear seat removed. His best run in mine shaft air is an 11.1 Stock Roushcharged 18 with only drag radials, 10.86 ROUSH FOR THE WIN.

I bought my Roush supercharger when it was the only one with a warranty. 11 days after the install I broke #7 piston. Roush said it was due to a weak coil pack. Roush made good on the warranty and I got a new long block. Now that I have a proven system I'll go for a PBD tune and some Boostane and run some 10.0's. No E85 tune for me, we don't have E85 in New Hampshire. Many others don't have it available to them either.

Last edited:

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
Is that what the lead time on this thing is? if so, F that lol
3 months from order of the car to delivery. The supercharge add takes another week. Really looking forward to it, going back to my ford roots.

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I agree completely with this but show us an NA dyno sheet that comes anywhere even close anywhere in the range to what a 2018 roush car actually delivers even though not impressive.

Saying a dyno sheet doesn't matter is quite different than saying "an A10 18+ on e85 would give you a tough time"

I am not disputing it but the facts don't support that but again I would love to see it.
Fortunately, we don’t race dyno sheets.
You’re ignoring the strategies in the tune that allow a car to protect itself from its driver.
Some of those strategies don’t show up on the dyno.
Hence, in the case of a 15-17 Roush SC car, it might well trap around 124mph while an NA car with an e85 specific tune and headers can hit 120...
To suggest that it’s “significantly” faster is stretching the truth. It IS quicker, but not by the amount that most purchasers might think when they see the raw numbers. And certainly not for the money invested (unless warranty is a primary concern).
I can’t pass comment on the 18-19 without data.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Agreed. The dragstrip is where it counts.

You can say that about any supercharger manufacturer. Look at all the 18+ Whipple owners on this board, nearly all have opted for a third party tune.

The best way to evaluate a car is on the drag strip. I've been following Stangmode on YouTube. 2018 A10. Jlt, PBD E85 tune, Texas Speed headers, X pipe, Drag pack with skinnies and drag radials. aluminum drive shaft, BMR suspension and Steeda suspension mods. Passenger and rear seat removed. His best run in mine shaft air is an 11.1 Stock Roushcharged 18 with only drag radials, 10.86 ROUSH FOR THE WIN.

I bought my Roush supercharger when it was the only one with a warranty. 11 days after the install I broke #7 piston. Roush said it was due to a weak coil pack. Roush made good on the warranty and I got a new long block. Now that I have a proven system I'll go for a PBD tune and some Boostane and run some 10.0's. No E85 tune for me, we don't have E85 in New Hampshire. Many others don't have it available to them either.
That dude stangmode has been drag racing for about 10 minutes. He’s made more videos than runs.

Sponsored

Boduke0220

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
you havent seen reality.. Roush tune delivers power soft. Plus if you have a Roush car with manual vs an A10 E85 car. my money is on the NA. id bet an A10 roush car would have a tought time against a bolt on E85 car.
Yep, wasn't it palm beach dyno that posted the vid of the E85 FBO 10r80 18 vs the roush blown 18 MT82 and they were neck and neck lol

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
That dude stangmode has been drag racing for about 10 minutes. He’s made more videos than runs.
He's done quite well for a new comer. He has Rob Shoemaker coaching him on his build. He ran an 11.88 when it was stock. I haven't seen anyone run quicker than 11.8 stock.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Yep, wasn't it palm beach dyno that posted the vid of the E85 FBO 10r80 18 vs the roush blown 18 MT82 and they were neck and neck lol
Roush has released 2 new calibrations since that video was made last August. If both cars were tuned by PBD the Roush car would definitely have the edge.

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Yes, it's the same video I posted, Ken at PBD tuned my friends car.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Yes, it's the same video I posted, Ken at PBD tuned my friends car.
Post a video to what your friend is running in the 1/4. That video is dated, Roush has put out 2 calibration changes since then.
Sponsored