Ford Performance Supercharger

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
wasnt the roush adjustments for normal driving and not changes to WOT?
Sponsored

OneFordGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 GT
Post a video to what your friend is running in the 1/4. That video is dated, Roush has put out 2 calibration changes since then.
I understand, I'm simply saying that the PBD video is the same one from last year. If you search "shacklife" on youtube you can watch all of his videos. There are none of him running at the drag strip on youtube that I know of. I found his slip from the last time at the track, 11.81 @119.6. DA for that location, date, and time was 2736ft according to dragtimes. Car is not gutting, full interior. The only reason i'm using his car as an example is because it has been documented and I can share it as a data-point, that's what this forum is for.

Everyone in this thread agrees that a Blower car with an aftermarket tune will WHOOP a basic bolt-on NA car. Those who have witnessed in real life the blower company tune *( 2 revisions old)* on a stock 18 GT racing a 18 GT E85, LTH, CAI know what the outcome is.
fbpic.jpg

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Magnetic Gray A10, 401A, PP1.
wasnt the roush adjustments for normal driving and not changes to WOT?
I don't deal directly with Roush. My installer told me there were improvements in performance and drive ability.

sZedely

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I'm wondering what others have paid for this SC kit and how much was charged for installation.

My car is due within 2 weeks (tentatively) and I am looking to make arrangements to have this SC kit installed. I am just trying to gauge what a fair price for the kit and installation would be?

BMAGOO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS, 2016 Explorer Sport, 2015 Ram 1500 Sport, 1968 Firebird
Vehicle Showcase
Gotta admit, my head hurts after reading this thread. So I have a question..... if the Roush supercharger with the Roush tune is worth 700 HP, and a stock 460 HP with an e85 tune is going to give the Roush all it can handle, an e85 tune is worth 240 HP ?
Cuz if that’s the case why the fuck would anybody buy a supercharger ? Dollar for dollar that would be a no brainer. Now I’m no tuner or supercharger expert but I think that’s a huge load of crap !

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Yo
Gotta admit, my head hurts after reading this thread. So I have a question..... if the Roush supercharger with the Roush tune is worth 700 HP, and a stock 460 HP with an e85 tune is going to give the Roush all it can handle, an e85 tune is worth 240 HP ?
Cuz if that’s the case why the fuck would anybody buy a supercharger ? Dollar for dollar that would be a no brainer. Now I’m no tuner or supercharger expert but I think that’s a huge load of crap !
You’re missing the point of how the tune operates.
You stick a car on a dyno, you disconnect the plug near the air box.
This prevents the car from referencing front wheel speed vs rear wheel speed for one thing.
We have examples here in Australia with the 15-17 car. Trap speed 124 for the Roush.
Trap speed for e85 tune and headers, 120.
You tell me what the go is?
240 hp is worth a LOT more than 4 mph. That’s not even disputable.

Last edited:

unload

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10
Last edited:

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
He's done quite well for a new comer. He has Rob Shoemaker coaching him on his build. He ran an 11.88 when it was stock. I haven't seen anyone run quicker than 11.8 stock.
Fairly certain that was on drag radials.

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Fairly certain that was on drag radials.
Yes it was on drag radials. What's your point? Still no one has done better than 11.8 with a DR. You just like sticking your finger in my eye or something.

TehEno

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Harry
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT - Tickford Supercharge Pack - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase
[QUOTE="unload, post: 2478170, member: 33513"
The roush car is going to win and if you want to, go much faster you can do so in like 10 minutes[/QUOTE]

Thank you ,
/thread.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Yes it was on drag radials. What's your point? Still no one has done better than 11.8 with a DR. You just like sticking your finger in my eye or something.
Do the mustangs come from the factory with drag radials? My point is your post is fu%king misleading when you say stock. Shit the guy in the american muscle video went 11.9 on skinny all season tires. So find yourself a new youtube hero. Or at the very least get your facts straight. And quit spreading misinformation. Stock means the way the car comes from the factory!

Chainsaw

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
George
Vehicle(s)
Do the mustangs come from the factory with drag radials? My point is your post is fu%king misleading when you say stock. Shit the guy in the american muscle video went 11.9 on skinny all season tires. So find yourself a new youtube hero. Or at the very least get your facts straight. And quit spreading misinformation. Stock means the way the car comes from the factory!
No it's not misleading. Mustangs come from the factory with many different tires. How much HP does a DR add.......NONE. The DR makes up for the sh!tty track prep at Atco on Tuesday nights. I've had enough if your drivel. You now have the honor of being the first person on my IGNORE LIST.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
No it's not misleading. Mustangs come from the factory with many different tires. How much HP does a DR add.......NONE. The DR makes up for the sh!tty track prep at Atco on Tuesday nights. I've had enough if your drivel. You now have the honor of being the first person on my IGNORE LIST.

Shame you wont be able to read this. Cause Im just trying to keep you from embarrassing yourself! But you continue to show your ignorance on the subject of drag racing. First you say some dumb shit like a tuned car will cost as much as a supercharged car.:giggle:Now your failing to understand that a set of sticky tires is the first and biggest mod a drag racer does. Because it yeilds the biggest results in reduced ET. And third. The prep at atco is fine. I race there twice a month. How often do you make the 5 hour trip? Or di you hear that in one of stangmodes videos?

Last edited:

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Man I wonder how the whipple kit is now days. I was one of the first people to get the whipple on an auto transmission Mustang GT in 2015 and it was super slow. Couldnt even break tires lose on full throttle in first gear. Always wondered how Roush compared.

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
Man I wonder how the whipple kit is now days. I was one of the first people to get the whipple on an auto transmission Mustang GT in 2015 and it was super slow. Couldnt even break tires lose on full throttle in first gear. Always wondered how Roush compared.
odds are like most youre dealing with basic tunes. once you go aftermarket tune they all wake up
Sponsored