Sponsored

Ford Performance/Roush Supercharger?

crs2879

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
My '15 has the Ford Racing Tune and FR X-Pipe as only other performance mod. It made 587HP/476TQ at the wheels, on a DynoJet. It is certainly powerful enough for me. Even upgrading to 305 tires at the rear, traction is always an issue.....anything over 1/2 throttle, in the first 3 gears requires 100% driver attention. I have not been in a lot of modified cars but have owned and/or ridden in many "performance" cars, Mustang, Corvette, Porsche 911, etc......the 3rd gear pull of the S/C Coyote is nothing I have ever witnessed before......
Sponsored

GigaHz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 2012 Taurus SHO
I agree. I had a C6 vette with 436 hp that weighed around 3200 lb. No comparison to a 3800 lb Mustang with 670 hp. I also had a 2003 GTO with 400 RWHP. It wasn't even close. This Mustang pulls near to my FJR1300. That weighs around 650 lb with 145 hp.

M151A2

Skinny old dude
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Emmett
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
I installed my Phase 1 about 3 months ago. I'm no race car driver and don't spend time on the Dyno. I do enjoy putting my foot in it occasionally and out running 99.5% of anything on the road. Biggest problem is getting it to stick.
All in all, if you are looking for that giggle factor, the Roush Phase I is a nice item that looks like it is factory.
Make sure you are wearing your big watch too.

aham23

FPC 5.2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 FJG Mach 1 w/ HP
whats the diff really between the 670 Ford Racing and Roush 670? seems just labels right?

Sponsored

mibairho

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP, FP Roush S/C
I have the Ford Performance Roush supercharger stage 1, with the Ford Performance tune. I had it installed by Ken Grody Ford, and it runs perfect. It's my understanding that there is a difference in the FP and Roush tunes. I can tell you, zero issues with mine and it's fast! Well mannered and easy to drive at slower speed or in traffic. Instant power when you step on the gas. I'd even go as far as to say, violent power! Drag radials were a must. The back of the seat will hit you so hard!!!!! Again, that's when you stomp it hard.

NicksRubyRed15GT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Deep impact blue 16 GT
once again same tune. I had so many problems out of my FORD PERFORMANCE blower tune when I first bought my car. In was in constant contact with ROUSH. Why would Roush warranty the 670 kit with a Ford Performance tune? It is the same tune loaded a different way with the 2 kits

GT_Tommy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
TVS Supercharged Premium PP
I have the Ford Performance 670 kit on an otherwise stock motor with the exception of a catback and OPG/CG. I know some have had issues with the Ford/Roush tune but ZERO complaints here. I'm so happy with the setup that I'm afraid to touch anything. Great driveability, insane power and ZERO hiccups to date. Really can't go wrong with any of the FI options, but for an all around street car setup that will put a huge smile on your face the TVS should get some real consideration IMO.
Sponsored