Sponsored

Ford Inspector for Warranty Repair-Update:Warranty Denied Claim Due to Off Road Racing

Finally21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350 Race Red (All original)
As a guy who worked in the legal profession, some who have been Arbitrators late in life........when I heard this claim was going to Arbitration.....................I asked the question of drinking Lawyers at the Elks Club and Yacht Club...to a person. the said...... "RACING?" GTFO....!!

A PRECEDENT CANNOT BE SET that would destroy Ford from 100,00 such claims a year.

You were doomed from the start......90% of the population if asked the same thing would be aghast...........

As Graham Hill once said..."racing is expensive..how fast to you want to go?"

I think ford did well by you, overall.

The Ford Racing School cars that are for sale were maintained throughout their careers, being driven by amateurs, and Ford has pretty good idea of parts durability..............AND WHAT DRIVING STYLE BREAKS PARTS...

Young man, examine yourself first.
Thank you for your fascinating insight. Since you said legal profession and not a lawyer we should assume you are/were not a lawyer?
Sponsored

v guy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RP
Vehicle(s)
99 SVT
Ahh Personal attacks! Not a Lawyer but my son, Grandson, Two first Cousins, one a State Supreme Ct Justice, DIL are....inspired by me....I was an expert witness..I will put it that way.

Old Judges lived thru NASCAR, F1, anddrag racing days of old friends............many lawyers raced.

FACTS, are the killer in ANY case..........
Guardhouse lawyers area dime a dozen.......most ignore facts too, in favor of some really imaginative ideations or innocence.

Trying to explain that your on track activities did not constitute racing . is like the explanation that 'I just put them on the trains." ...I just shifted at 7500 rpm session after session......It does prove Ford durability from your driving style, and the common sense of Arbitrators.

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Ahh Personal attacks! Not a Lawyer but my son, Grandson, Two first Cousins, one a State Supreme Ct Justice, DIL are....inspired by me....I was an expert witness..I will put it that way.

Old Judges lived thru NASCAR, F1, anddrag racing days of old friends............many lawyers raced.

Guardhouse lawyers area dime a dozen.......most ignore facts too, in favor of some really imaginative ideations or innocence.

Trying to explain that your on track activities did not constitute racing . is like the explanation that 'I just put them on the trains." ...I just shifted at 7500 rpm session after session......It does prove Ford durability from your driving style, and the common sense of Arbitrators.
"Children, I have been around racing for way too long...blown engines wrecked vehicles are the norm..you all know it.........there is no free lunch, but you DID in the past get SOME repairs out of Ford."

Seems like you started with the personal attacks. Those in glass houses and such.

2fast2focus

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andres
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang Mach 1

This is not a personal attack or an attempt to start an argument from me. I am just curious, how would you explain racing vs HPDE?

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
An arbitrator has determined that, in this instance, if by admission or with incontrovertible evidence there is track use, then the ESP will not cover failed components. Bottom line: don't expect your ESP to cover if you track the car.

Doesn't mean ESPs are all bad. If there had been no modifications that suggested track use, the transmission would have been covered by the ESP.

OP asked when purchasing the ESP if it covered track use. Informed it did by whoever sold him the policy but nothing in writing from the agent or company. Few of us would have. But without that, arbitrator ruled against him, some think rightly, some thing wrongly. He made a valiant effort to have it covered but failed.

Ford not all bad. Factory warranty has covered many a car with failed components on track.

No one has yet to answer my question if extended warranties cover other makes of track advertised cars for track related failures beyond their factory warranty. Just curious if Ford is an outlier here or not.

Sponsored

luc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT with PP
This is not a personal attack or an attempt to start an argument from me. I am just curious, how would you explain racing vs HPDE?
that is a fantastic question. Seriously
But not a simple or single answer

From the car point of view: not a single difference between w2w and an hpde in advanced/open passing group
Same mechanical stress

From a driver point of view: Mostly strategy and some different lines. Strategy because you need a plan to pass other competitors and lines because you never want to leave the door open

from the “average Joe” point of view: there is no position battle or “ competition “ with other drivers in hpde

from a legal point of view: there are 2 scenarios:
1/ Racing is capitalized in an agreement/contract. In this case, very simple, whatever the definition of Racing is in the contract
2/ Racing is not capitalized ( the situation here):
Whatever the definition that the judicial officer believe apply to that specific situation .. could be dictionaries definition, as we have seen here, precedent decisions in similar cases, experts opinions and Obviously whatever the judicial officer believe is the right remedy to that specific claim

Last edited:

5550snotamerc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s550 eco convertible auto
1. OP creates post at not inconsiderable risk to the outcome of his dispute.
2. OP extensively documents the process as a service to the other members of this site for no gain other than to assist others.
3. OP does not speak ill of other members or even Ford other than to express dismay at the process and outcome.
4. D'bags come out of the woodwork to pat themselves on the back that OP is out several grand.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
No one has yet to answer my question if extended warranties cover other makes of track advertised cars for track related failures beyond their factory warranty. Just curious if Ford is an outlier here or not.
Great question, I suspect the language for ESP’s from other manufacturers is probably very similar but I have not seen the language to confirm. Under the new car warranties, including Ford, track use has been covered as stated by several here. Toyota got a ton of flak for not covering GR86’s grenading on track and eventually changed their tune (under the new car powertrain warranty). I would think you’d have to venture over to Camaro, Corvette, BMW etc forums/sites to see what those owners are saying, or least to get a better sampling. I can ask my brother in law if he bought one for his C8. My other brother in law has a GR86, I’ll ask him as well. Both HPDE their cars on occasion.

Mach VII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT 401A, 1989 Lincoln Mk VII LSC
1. OP creates post at not inconsiderable risk to the outcome of his dispute.
2. OP extensively documents the process as a service to the other members of this site for no gain other than to assist others.
3. OP does not speak ill of other members or even Ford other than to express dismay at the process and outcome.
4. D'bags come out of the woodwork to pat themselves on the back that OP is out several grand.
At least it wasn't another topic that devolved into a political echo-chamber...

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
This is completely incorrect. A son went through the drive through who in turn gave it to his elderly mother. The top came off, its disputed if the top was on correctly or if she removed it. It did spill. They did sue. But the end result was no where near what was reported. It barely covered court costs. It was drug out for quite a while and rightfully so. That happened here at the location on Academy and San Mateo.

Except many years ago a person drove into a MacDonalds drive thru for a cup of HOT coffee and proceeded to put it between her legs while driving away and when it spilled and burned her, she sued and WON. What idiot puts a cup of hot coffee between their legs while driving and thinks they will not get burned when it spills.

Guess who won, the customer.

BD

Sponsored

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350

BS.

Thanks for documenting this, OP.

OP
OP

mikedahammer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
1/ Racing is capitalized in an agreement/contract. In this case, very simple, whatever the definition of Racing is in the contract
2/ Racing is not capitalized ( the situation here):
Whatever the definition that the judicial officer believe apply to that specific situation .. could be dictionaries definition, as we have seen here, precedent decisions in similar cases, experts opinions and Obviously whatever the judicial officer believe is the right remedy to that specific claim
Just messing with you but does this count as racing being capitalized. :cwl:

Great question, I suspect the language for ESP’s from other manufacturers is probably very similar but I have not seen the language to confirm. Under the new car warranties, including Ford, track use has been covered as stated by several here. Toyota got a ton of flak for not covering GR86’s grenading on track and eventually changed their tune (under the new car powertrain warranty). I would think you’d have to venture over to Camaro, Corvette, BMW etc forums/sites to see what those owners are saying, or least to get a better sampling. I can ask my brother in law if he bought one for his C8. My other brother in law has a GR86, I’ll ask him as well. Both HPDE their cars on occasion.

An arbitrator has determined that, in this instance, if by admission or with incontrovertible evidence there is track use, then the ESP will not cover failed components. Bottom line: don't expect your ESP to cover if you track the car.

Doesn't mean ESPs are all bad. If there had been no modifications that suggested track use, the transmission would have been covered by the ESP.

OP asked when purchasing the ESP if it covered track use. Informed it did by whoever sold him the policy but nothing in writing from the agent or company. Few of us would have. But without that, arbitrator ruled against him, some think rightly, some thing wrongly. He made a valiant effort to have it covered but failed.

Ford not all bad. Factory warranty has covered many a car with failed components on track.

I have it. See attached complete contract and screen shot of what you really wanted to see. The contracts were paused/stopped from being sold by Chevrolet and then recently opened back up. This is their GM backed policy and NOT the original policy (so their ESP equivalent).

Capture.PNG

Attachments

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
..I asked the question of drinking Lawyers at the Elks Club and Yacht Club...to a person. the said...... "RACING?" GTFO....!!
Fords warranty covers track use that is not racing. The ESP is sold as an extension of the Ford factory warranty. The term racing is used in both, and is not defined as any track use, in the ESP.

The OP did a great job but should have used a lawyer who specializes in contract law in his State.

CANTWN4LSN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350
So it looks like in Chevy's ESP the words competitive driving and racing might give them the same out with your arbitrator?