Sponsored

Ford "Easter Eggs" - does the S550 contain any?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So it's been known that some automotive manufacturers have implanted "Easter Eggs" within certain vehicles in their product lines.

Examples are Jeep and Tesla, as their Easter Eggs have been found or mentioned in articles and online forums. The Easter Eggs can be incorporated into design elements (parts on vehicle) or into their user interfaces via hidden software code.

Aside from the tiny running Pony molded into the 2018+ headlight lenses, are there any other known Easter Eggs within the S550 that anyone has found?
Sponsored

Vroom

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So it's been known that some automotive manufacturers have implanted "Easter Eggs" within certain vehicles in their product lines.

Examples are Jeep and Tesla, as their Easter Eggs have been found or mentioned in articles and online forums. The Easter Eggs can be incorporated into design elements (parts on vehicle) or into their user interfaces via hidden software code.

Aside from the tiny running Pony molded into the 2018+ headlight lenses, are there any other known Easter Eggs within the S550 that anyone has found?
the horse hidden underneath the stock hoods heat shield would definitely be one in my opinion.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Good Lord.....Mustang nerds.....

1620308400819.png

Well.....except for the Newpie Kings.....those are straight ballin'.

Chadillac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chad
Vehicle(s)
'96 Mustang GT, '73 El Camino, '12 Mazdaspeed3
Pretty sure the ā€œGround Speedā€ label in the speedometer was a nod to the P51 Mustang

Sponsored

WD Pro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lime GT
Vehicle Showcase
the horse hidden underneath the stock hoods heat shield would definitely be one in my opinion.
Gone ...

I'd throw the start button flashing at a resting horses heartrate as one of the weird/obscure ones.
Yeah, that's gone too ...

Pretty sure the ā€œGround Speedā€ label in the speedometer was a nod to the P51 Mustang
And that (if you have the digi dash) ...

What next, the V8 ? Oh, hang about, that's what they did with the Mach E ... :cwl:

WD :like:

Joedag1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT

The ponyā€™s on the head light lenses

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
The dash plaque changes every so often depending on year and trim, mine has the "55 year" one.

Also it's not necesarily an easter egg, but you can roll down/roll up the windows by holding unlock/lock respectively for a few seconds from afar. I don't think a ton of people realize that.

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium

Sponsored

Matthewstorm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matthew
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang GT Premium
The start button on 18+ mustangs pulses at the same rate of the resting heart beat of a mustang.
Really? I'll have to pay closer attention.

Vlad Soare

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vlad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Also it's not necesarily an easter egg, but you can roll down/roll up the windows by holding unlock/lock respectively for a few seconds from afar. I don't think a ton of people realize that.
Only down, sadly. :frown:

The start button on 18+ mustangs pulses at the same rate of the resting heart beat of a mustang.
Not anymore. They removed it in 2020. :frown: