Sponsored

For those looking for HP wheels....

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I am fine with oem wheels and their weight. I need two sets of wheels for easy switching summer/winter wheels. Current Mach 1 Y-spoke 9.5"/10" wheels have winter tyres and I need something for summer, preferably wider. I checked many wheels and I just don't like anything aftermarket sold here in Europe (and nothing in 11" rear either). Except for HRE, but those are 20" and I want to stick to 19" profile 35 tyres for our not particularly good roads, also HRE are 2x more expensive even with import cost than HP wheels, and they're bit too "busy" than HP wheels. There's no other more beautiful wheels for me and original Mach 1 wheels for my Mach 1 fit best. So that's that for me :)
Gotcha!

There however many many different wheels that are made to order with the exact specs you want to have! Specially when importing, just saying!

When I had my OEM PP1 wheels which is similar weight to the HP wheels and when I switched to my forged(also the flow formed wheels I had in between) 20x10 - 20x11 there was a noticable difference on how the car behaved both from comfort and driving perspective, 10lbs lower per wheel is actually quite substantial and how it impacts the ride.
Sponsored

RasJeremy

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ras
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 5.0 2020
Sorry for asking but why are you all buying relatively heavy wheels if you are getting another set than what was on the car?
I might go on a limb here but I think that most people when it comes to buying new wheels are for the visual and not performance vise. Pretty before Performance :angel:

That is also the case for me - I don't know what difference it does with these wheels compared to my stock PP wheels - however I don't really care cause these HP wheels looks killer and this and similar threads shows that I am not the only one.

Only reason I haven't ordered yet is, I need to know how much poke there will be (which is why I follow this thread) because Danish rules are very strict about wheels not being covered by the fender. I assume you're having similar rules, dear neighbour :crackup:

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
They're cast and super heavy. It's actually a little disappointing. They're sized for grippy tires, but the weight makes me want to put all-season tires on them for daily driving. So the conundrum is the wheels are too heavy for performance/competition and too large for the more practical day to day tires. I've debated removing the handling package option and adding the spoiler and splitter separately and buying forged track wheels. However, if the car ends up being classed in F-street I want the ability to run it as equipped with big wheels per the rules.

That aside I will probably keep the factory HP wheels for car shows/summer. Race on forged for cast/lightweight SVE SP2 19x11's all four corners and have a set of 19x10's and 285 all-seasons for year round driving (no snow, but weather in the teens here isn't unusual in the winter).

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I might go on a limb here but I think that most people when it comes to buying new wheels are for the visual and not performance vise. Pretty before Performance :angel:

That is also the case for me - I don't know what difference it does with these wheels compared to my stock PP wheels - however I don't really care cause these HP wheels looks killer and this and similar threads shows that I am not the only one.

Only reason I haven't ordered yet is, I need to know how much poke there will be (which is why I follow this thread) because Danish rules are very strict about wheels not being covered by the fender. I assume you're having similar rules, dear neighbour :crackup:
:D in my opinion you can have both!

Poke would not be something I would be worried about though as such :D, just went to a cat-less mid pipe on my fun car .....

RobZ71LM7

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 F-150
Gotcha!

There however many many different wheels that are made to order with the exact specs you want to have! Specially when importing, just saying!

When I had my OEM PP1 wheels which is similar weight to the HP wheels and when I switched to my forged(also the flow formed wheels I had in between) 20x10 - 20x11 there was a noticable difference on how the car behaved both from comfort and driving perspective, 10lbs lower per wheel is actually quite substantial and how it impacts the ride.
Exactly. Wheels are a double hitter when it comes to weight. Each pound you save is 1) unsprung weight and 2) rotational mass. It's the best place to remove weight from the car.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Which ones?
following have reasonable prices(prices for wheels have and will go up due to shortages of raw material)

BC forged
VS Forged

however there are many brands that do have S550 dimensions with flow formed wheels that are much lighter than OEM

HRE
Apex wheels
P6GR
Forgestar
P51 wheels
MMR
RTR
…

I would go with a set of bronze Apex-wheels to go with my Eruption Green M1 that I don't have on order lol

1636275141662.png

Last edited:

Charlemagne

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Tempest 2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M3440
Vehicle Showcase
If I was seriously tracking the car, I would get a set of forged wheels and put Cup2s on them, that'd be a no-brainer. I don't really like the look of any of those other aftermarket wheels. For track set the look aspect wouldn't matter at all.

However track will be rather rare for me, maybe once a year, I'll probably prefer most of the time the spirited road driving where I think wider PS4s on these wheels will do just fine for me. Will see about this in a year or two, first I really need to know the car, take some training sessions etc., being new to RWD and all.

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
295 on the 11 inch rear rims, does the tyre look stretched at all?

Here is a 295/35/19 on my 11" SVE X500 wheels. A 295 is perfect for a 11" wide wheel. I am running 305/35/19s now but the 295s are perfect back there.

Mustang Portrait front resize.jpg

Sponsored

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Yeah, it's known that there's a slight mod needed to fit the wheel lip mouldings on the GT. It's doable
Go for it. They went right on my 19 PP1 with a minor modification. Just waiting on the right wheels.

20210913_172357.jpg

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
If I was seriously tracking the car, I would get a set of forged wheels and put Cup2s on them, that'd be a no-brainer. I don't really like the look of any of those other aftermarket wheels. For track set the look aspect wouldn't matter at all.

However track will be rather rare for me, maybe once a year, I'll probably prefer most of the time the spirited road driving where I think wider PS4s on these wheels will do just fine for me. Will see about this in a year or two, first I really need to know the car, take some training sessions etc., being new to RWD and all.
the thing is even for regular daily driving or spirited driving off track lighter wheels/brakes/tires will help in overall performance due to lower unsprung weight and rotational mass.

The ride quality will be better, the steering feel be improved, the agility will be improved such as acceleration

but absolutely should you try out and feel what works and not! However certain things have to be tested in order to experience what difference it makes.

as the S550 is a heavy platform the weight that can be shed here and there will help overall

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
Does anyone know if the HP wheels will fit the non HP version? Cant seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

If they do fit what size tires would y'all run? The 305/30/19 + 315/30/19 combo on the factory HP wheels, or a different size? I saw someone taking about running 325/30 out back.

OP
OP
Atlas1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Does anyone know if the HP wheels will fit the non HP version? Cant seem to find a definitive answer anywhere.

If they do fit what size tires would y'all run? The 305/30/19 + 315/30/19 combo on the factory HP wheels, or a different size? I saw someone taking about running 325/30 out back.
They will fit just fine. The factory HP tire size is good but you can safely fit 325’s in the back. I have 325’s because the michelin ps4 wasn’t available in 315 earlier this year. The only issue you’ll have is the poke of the front wheels. You will want to add the fender moldings.

RandomTask

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2020 F350 DRW Platinum
They will fit just fine. The factory HP tire size is good but you can safely fit 325’s in the back. I have 325’s because the michelin ps4 wasn’t available in 315 earlier this year. The only issue you’ll have is the poke of the front wheels. You will want to add the fender moldings.
Great thank you! I already got the rear spats and front moldings ready to go on there! if you had the choice again would you stick with the 325, or take the 315? did you notice a difference in the gap from the fender? I'm guessing some slight difference on the speedometer also?
Sponsored