AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Yea you just cant get a tune for it
Well you can't get a flex tune boosted, but can definitely get a dedicated e85 tune. That's where the bigger and safer numbers are. But also requires upgraded fuel system to run in addition to tune.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Last edited:

Sponsored

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
Lund racing and Palm Beach Dyno will do a Flex Fuel tune for your car. Although you would see more power on a dedicated E85 tune. Give us a shout if you have any questions we are on the phones Mon-Fri 9am-6pm EST! https://www.lethalperformance.com/
Will you see benifit running the flex tune if you were mixing 93oct and 106
I didn't think any of reputable tuners out there had flex tuning for FI? I know there was talk of it back in the day but none for s550s. You would be limited to swapping tunes as long as you had return style fuel setup to run the e. As for e blends, here in AZ we have a limited amount of e, most are flex fuel which is e54 with literally 2 stations I know of with real e85-90. I run a flex tune NA constantly regardless of which option I fill with, but I know some like Lund offer an e54r tune that won't detect like flex but will assume the quality and still provide the immediate timing (not to the same degree obviously as full e85-90). Something like that could be an option if they offer that FI (idk if they do) for your blend scenario.
I know this is an older post but I'm trying to figure out if I should get a flex fuel tune for my 2020gt, we don't have e85 nearby but we have 109oct not far from me and I was thinking about buying barrel of e85 and doing a mix. So I guess my real only question is, did you find that you noticed difference when you ran better fuel and never had issue with mixing octane levels etc? I'm NA still and will be for this season but I do have nitrous kit that I'll be running by mid season likely, I'm just running 100shot and I already know I need to get tune for the nitrous I'm just on the fence with 93oct tune or flex tune since I can get 109oct and e85 if I decided to get barrel of it and run like e40 mix etc. Thanks for any info you can provide, I just don't want to waste money on shit that may not be worth it and finding out from those that have used it definitely helps
nothing wrong with 93. you can get 600-700 wheel on pump 93. If you wanna go full send on pump add some octanium. Just make sure it's sweet 93. Not that discount crap ;)

drive_55_not

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Coyote, S197 3v, 2018 Gen3 [RIP], 2020 Challenger 'Cat
Will you see benefit running the flex tune if you were mixing 93oct and 106
I presume the 106octane you are talking about is race gas, either E0 or E10, A flex fuel tune is only for varying ethanol content, so you would need a separate race gas tune ...

I have a flex fuel tune and a tune for MS109 for my Hellcat and that car is a tenth quicker running pump E75 @<$3gal vs that $25gal MS109.

Plus it smells good ...

You likely will see a small bump on E40 but E60+ is where power is made, especially when you go FI.

PHILTHY_PONY

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt
I presume the 106octane you are talking about is race gas, either E0 or E10, A flex fuel tune is only for varying ethanol content, so you would need a separate race gas tune ...

I have a flex fuel tune and a tune for MS109 for my Hellcat and that car is a tenth quicker running pump E75 @<$3gal vs that $25gal MS109.

Plus it smells good ...

You likely will see a small bump on E40 but E60+ is where power is made, especially when you go FI.

Yeah after talking to few people yesterday they said same that I need a gas tune as well, I have a 91oct tune but I don't think it did much really so went with new guy today he's in Dubai and I paid for 93oct tune and 2.5h later it was in. I haven't gotten chance to try it as I still have quarter tank of 91oct but going to try tomorrow so I cab send him data log. In the end I thought about the flex tune and figured if e85 becomes more available near me I may do e40 etc mix, my buddy just did the flex tune on top of the 93oct and he went out on the e40 and said the car felt so much quicker so he's just waiting for data log to get checked before he sends it anymore. Anyway I appreciate the info I just did 93oct tune easier and should see better power then running the flex tune and mixing race gas besides I do have nitrous kit to go on still so I'm sure 93oct will be fine.

tdstuart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Triston
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Gt Premium
What ethanol content is the place? If you don't know go get a tester and test it. If it's higher than e85 you can always mix in gas. Lund will probably be fine-tuning the car if it's a little low, just ask.
Sponsored