Sponsored

Flex fuel tune

MustangCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Is Lund the only company that offers flex fuel tunes for 2018+ mustangs? I checked PBD and VMP but didn’t see an option for flex fuel, they just had e85 tunes.
Sponsored

NIXPP2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
18' PP2 Shadow Black
Vehicle Showcase
Is Lund the only company that offers flex fuel tunes for 2018+ mustangs? I checked PBD and VMP but didn’t see an option for flex fuel, they just had e85 tunes.
Up because I was just searching this today. From what I've been able to gather Lund is the only game in town and it's $450, no Labor Day sale. At least from what I've read it is a great tune. I have no desire to worry about my fuel content or whether I can get to a station without switching, so either way it's worth the money. Just would like to compare if there is another product.

ugstang17

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
none
Lund tunes never goes on sale from my experience. However their tuner will be $50 off usually twice a year or so. Keep in mind that flex fuel is only for N/A setups and it won't be as aggressive as an all out E85 tune but there will still be some gain over 93. That is the summary of a video tutorial on the topic produced by Alex at Lund. Visit their website and research it. Its that simple. Or engine search it as many have. Again its that simple.

Switchkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chet
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Shaun @ AED did mine. Very happy with it. I just ordered a ported '18 IM from AFS and Shaun will be doing my new Flex tune after I install it.

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
PBD has one also.....still trying to decide who i'm going with between lund and PBD.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
I checked PBD and VMP but didn’t see an option for flex fuel, they just had e85 tunes.
PBD has one also.....still trying to decide who i'm going with between lund and PBD.
I have this question out to a couple of vendors right now, there appears to be no way to select it through the various online systems - there's a Main and Secondary, main is just 91/93 and secondary only shows E85 - for that matter some of the vendor sites don't even prompt for specific year, so maybe this is just to get a price, but the actual tuner will follow up about specifics[?]

I mean, I guess I could be a non-internet dork and pick up the phone ...

upload_2019-8-31_10-33-12.png

myblkshadow19

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 ford mustang
Vehicle Showcase
I have this question out to a couple of vendors right now, there appears to be no way to select it through the various online systems - there's a Main and Secondary, main is just 91/93 and secondary only shows E85 - for that matter some of the vendor sites don't even prompt for specific year, so maybe this is just to get a price, but the actual tuner will follow up about specifics[?]

I mean, I guess I could be a non-internet dork and pick up the phone ...

upload_2019-8-31_10-33-12.png
i stand corrected, brain saw one thing eye the other.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
i stand corrected, brain saw one thing eye the other.
No, you're right, there's not a FlexTune in the online ordering system, that appears to be an E85 specific tune, like you get two tunes, in my screenshot, 1 for 93 octane, 1 for E85.

I'm __assuming__ if you select those two, and in the order request a FlexTune, that's like the same price. I hope so, I think I'm going to order while where are some discounts.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Shaun @ AED did mine. Very happy with it. I just ordered a ported '18 IM from AFS and Shaun will be doing my new Flex tune after I install it.
Shaun @ AED did mine as well. Been running it for over a year. Very happy with the performance and driveability plus his customer service in general is outstanding. Lund is also top notch can't really go wrong either way.

Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
OK, online, same vendor, the AED tune does have a specific Flex option vs. PBD - not saying the latter doesn't have it, just you can't specify it up front:

upload_2019-9-1_11-29-44.png

I'm sure either have a followup required since they don't prompt for the year of the car, other bolts ons, etc., I was just trying to get a price :)

Rjames18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
RJ
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10 Orange Fury
I see you're in Texas. Knowing how big Texas is it might be unlikely that you're in Houston. If so go to Limitless Performance and Fabrication. They're down the street from George Bush airport.
They specialize in Coyotes and many other makes/models.
That's where I've gotten both of my 18's tuned at. Both were flex fuel tunes as well.
First 18 had headers and tune only and ran 11.211 @123.
Second 18 with just tune only ran 11.34 i think @122.
Cars drive really well! I now have their twin turbo kit, tuning, and fuel system on my 18.

OP
OP
MustangCamaro

MustangCamaro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
I see you're in Texas. Knowing how big Texas is it might be unlikely that you're in Houston. If so go to Limitless Performance and Fabrication. They're down the street from George Bush airport.
They specialize in Coyotes and many other makes/models.
That's where I've gotten both of my 18's tuned at. Both were flex fuel tunes as well.
First 18 had headers and tune only and ran 11.211 @123.
Second 18 with just tune only ran 11.34 i think @122.
Cars drive really well! I now have their twin turbo kit, tuning, and fuel system on my 18.
Unfortunately, I am not in Houston but the Dallas area.. I may just bite the bullet with Lund but not 100% yet.

Switchkey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chet
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
OK, online, same vendor, the AED tune does have a specific Flex option vs. PBD - not saying the latter doesn't have it, just you can't specify it up front:

upload_2019-9-1_11-29-44.png

I'm sure either have a followup required since they don't prompt for the year of the car, other bolts ons, etc., I was just trying to get a price :)
Yeah, after purchase they will send you an email with specifics. I think my initial AED flex tune was $250. He will get your car info and send you a 91/93 race tune. You load it on your car. Data log, and then you get the flex tune. Datalog and final tune.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
the lund flex works great, i'm just curious, if lund has what your looking for, and is one of the top tuners out there, why not just order what you need?
Sponsored