Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I always hate when somebody says "I've heard that". You heard it from who??? Iam very concerned as well as I have my VIN which I don't even know if that really means anything at this point. I tried calling Ford Performance but of course there's no one there other than a voice mail saying they prefer you send them an email. My car was ordered last July 2nd and I got my VIN well over a month ago and even was given a "Build Date" of the week of March 23rd. Thats why I made the comment previously of will they stay with the pecking order or is it now all bets are off the table???? I wish someone from Shelby and the Mgmt. team would make a public statement to keep us guys in the loop. Not fun just sitting here not knowing a darn thing about how they plan on attacking this once they come back to work. I'm thinking how do they build a car with the 6' foot rule????? Many many unanswered questions now at this point.
What is your car's status? with that kind of date, you should be in production and sent to plant.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Hi Tom,
First post here, long time lurker. My question/comment is if production commences in order of schedule do you think this means updated build dates will push back 11 days based off the 11 day extension? What do you think?
Thanks
My question for Noah pertained to "in production" and "sent to plant". I did not ask about people who fell outside of that status. If you have a VIN, give him a shout via chat or email and ask. What you propose sounds reasonable. @Snoopy49 has been keeping an eye on builds and status. I do believe nothing has moved (schedule updates) since the shutdown.

Cgouzoulis

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
chris
Vehicle(s)
None
My question for Noah pertained to "in production" and "sent to plant". I did not ask about people who fell outside of that status. If you have a VIN, give him a shout via chat or email and ask. What you propose sounds reasonable. @Snoopy49 has been keeping an eye on builds and status. I do believe nothing has moved (schedule updates) since the shutdown.
Thanks for that. Yes, I do have a VIN and build date as of Monday. Haven't checked with this new info from the governor yet. I have been in touch with Earl on the other forum. Thanks againTom, figured I'd pick your brain as they say.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Use the live chat and give them your VIN number.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/contact-us/

There's no point at just yelling at everybody here!
Rev. Happy; I wasn't yelling at anybody just commenting that if you have solid info then why not share it. I could go on all day long as say "Well I've heard that".....----- etc etc. Actually I rarely anymore even visit the site because of the shut down. I figure at some point they will open it back up. But then I got to thinking I wonder how they are going to do all the builds that have come in???? How do you cram all that work load into the time remaining before the new year would start etc etc etc???? Anyway, not yelling at anybody.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Rev. Happy; I wasn't yelling at anybody just commenting that if you have solid info then why not share it. I could go on all day long as say "Well I've heard that".....----- etc etc. Actually I rarely anymore even visit the site because of the shut down. I figure at some point they will open it back up. But then I got to thinking I wonder how they are going to do all the builds that have come in???? How do you cram all that work load into the time remaining before the new year would start etc etc etc???? Anyway, not yelling at anybody.
Use my above links. What is your primary status and car status?

Rev Happy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R, 2023 BMW X3
They're quick with responding on that live chat. Give them your VIN and they should be able to give you the current build week of your car.

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
Ford has been continually updating build dates throughout the shutdown. No one but your dealer and FP have access to the build dates, so make sure you check with them weekly.
Good luck to all and stay safe.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
I've heard that 2020 allocations will not carry over into 2021. I hope that everyone here gets theirs...
So screw everyone that has been waiting for almost a year for their cars and instead allow new orders to be places by someone else who doesn't even know they want a car yet? I don't see that happening.

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
Use my above links. What is your primary status and car status?
THANK YOU TOM. I was able to chat with Noah at FP and he said Iam now scheduled for a May 15th build date. He was quick to find my car once he had my VIN. Thank You again. This last 6 weeks have been tough on everybody.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
THANK YOU TOM. I was able to chat with Noah at FP and he said Iam now scheduled for a May 15th build date. He was quick to find my car once he had my VIN. Thank You again. This last 6 weeks have been tough on everybody.
So your status is "in production" and "Sent to plant?

Go here.....
https://trackmymustang.com/

Throw your VIN in there and what is your status?

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
So your status is "in production" and "Sent to plant?

Go here.....
https://trackmymustang.com/

Throw your VIN in there and what is your status?
Hello Tom; Thank You again. Here's what it said when I put my VIN in: Primary Status: In Order Processing. Car Status: Scheduled Today. Again, a "BIG THANK YOU" to you. I probably should ask you if thats what it should say for a car that is hopefully ready to be built once the plant opens back up???

Snoopy49

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Earl
Vehicle(s)
2013 GT500 - SOLD and 2020 GT500 - SOLD
@ChuckXX
Chuck, when did you get your VIN? Do you want it on the scheduled list?

ChuckXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Vehicle(s)
2020 SHELBY GT 500
@ChuckXX
Chuck, when did you get your VIN? Do you want it on the scheduled list?
Earl my friend; Your question is confusing to me? Naturally I want the car to be scheduled and to be built and shipped. I’ve had my VIN for around 6 weeks or so. I was originally scheduled to be built the week of March 23rd and right before that the VIRUS SLAMMED US snd they shut the plant down. Maybe you can clarify your question for me . THANK YOU EARL. PS. Remember you and I spoke on the phone about 6 weeks ago.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
So screw everyone that has been waiting for almost a year for their cars and instead allow new orders to be places by someone else who doesn't even know they want a car yet? I don't see that happening.
I didn't say "screw everyone" and only repeated what I was told. I struggle with it too. We shall see how it gets handled.

Interesting. What little birdie told you that one?
Someone I know and trust.
Sponsored