Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Looks nice but not for a grand lol.
Shit I could have given you that subwoofer. I had the same subwoofer in my Scion tC enclosure from oem audio, gave it away.

I will say this, for 300 watts, it claims, itsounds way less. Like 150 watts, but it did add a little bass to my Scion.

I replaced it with an 10 inch JL audio enclosure and gave away the oem audio sub/enclosure.

do not waste money on that kit. You’ll want to replace the woofer I have no doubts.
Now that said, the 10-12speaker kit for my tC from audio plus was msrp like 1500, but I got the entire kit for 700 on clearance, came with speakers, sub, enclosure, dsp, etc. it sounds really good

but the stock speakers with forscan eq sounded better. I think they are counting on comparing stockspeakers w stock eq vs stock their speakers set up.

but stock w eq disabled is far superior sound wise

JL Stealthbox is bonkers, but won’t fit your vert
Sponsored

FreePenguin

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Donald
Vehicle(s)
17 mustang
Vehicle Showcase
Ah sorry I missed that info.
Yep. This. Could always get a JL pro box, they are actually quite small or get a 12tw subwoofer box
They sound great and don’t take a ton of space

OP
OP
Bassackwards

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible

Sponsored

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Does it interfere with seat movement? Mine moves back and forth automatically
You’d have to check dimensions of the unit and clearance you have under your seat. I had Bride racing seats that were manual.

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
I bin wonder how it would sound like if u just amp a nice set of rear speakers or maybe rear speaker & a nice sub boxes off one app

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
This is still available.https://www.audiosavings.com/alpine-8-under-glove-box-subwoofer-amplifier-for-2015-2019-ford-mustang-base-gt

CCII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
We just purchased an Atlas Blue 2022 GT/CS convertible that appears to have every option except the B&O stereo :curse:

I'm looking for more bass. particularly when the top is down.

I read all the threads and it seems that no one is offering a simple solution other than the big box slid to the front of the trunk. I saw the handmade enclosure and loved it but I'm not sure I want to tackle building one, especially using wet resin inside the trunk.

What is everyone else doing?
I bought a stock Sub Woofer 10" enclosure off ebay. It fits in the right rear alcove just in front of the taillight. And it was a perfect fit, however needed the bolt holes added.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bassackwards

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
This is still available.https://www.audiosavings.com/alpine-8-under-glove-box-subwoofer-amplifier-for-2015-2019-ford-mustang-base-gt
Not listed on Alpine site and besides that it is not compatible with the 9 speaker premium system

OP
OP
Bassackwards

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
I bought a stock Sub Woofer 10" enclosure off ebay. It fits in the right rear alcove just in front of the taillight. And it was a perfect fit, however needed the bolt holes added.

How did you power it?

I have considered this or just making an enclosure with fiberglass. I had the brainstorm to get the molded carpet from a wreck and work with that away from my car.

3rd option is to just use a generic box and remove it when I need the space. This is not our only vehicle.

icecubez73

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ethan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang Ecoboost Premium Convertible
I just bought a rockford fosgate 10 inch powered sub and wired it up in the trunk. I also edited the EQ settings in forscan to remove or reduce the active noise cancelization. I'm happy with the results, I can then easy remove the powered sub from the trunk if I need more space for a road trip or something. I'm a fan of non-permanent mods.

CCII

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang
How did you power it?

I have considered this or just making an enclosure with fiberglass. I had the brainstorm to get the molded carpet from a wreck and work with that away from my car.

3rd option is to just use a generic box and remove it when I need the space. This is not our only vehicle.
I had my sound guy use the Alpine DSP and amp combination (is pretty small) and had it him mount it vertically on the forward part of the trunk, which is essentially the other side of the rear seat. Here took the rest seat back out to wire it all up. It has a dedicated power line from the battery. I am pretty happy with the sound as I can hear the music with the top down on the highway. My sound guy gave me two tunes programmed with the DSP, one for the top down and one for the top up. These are accessed with a sound switch that also controls the master volume and sub woofer volume

OP
OP
Bassackwards

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
Is anyone familiar with the plug and play setups? Some have had great luck and some not so great.
Sponsored