Sponsored

First post! Looking for a subwoofer solution

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
We just purchased an Atlas Blue 2022 GT/CS convertible that appears to have every option except the B&O stereo :curse:

I'm looking for more bass. particularly when the top is down.

I read all the threads and it seems that no one is offering a simple solution other than the big box slid to the front of the trunk. I saw the handmade enclosure and loved it but I'm not sure I want to tackle building one, especially using wet resin inside the trunk.

What is everyone else doing?
Sponsored

Superspirit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Alpine makes a unit that bolts under the dash works great I have one in my 19. Has an 8in powered sub and a 4 channel amp. PSU-300MTG

Sponsored

steathv

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2022 California Special
Mount a spare tire style subwoofer in the trunk, used a Rockville audio one in mine and it worked great, tapped into the rear speaker wires and ran a power cable from the battery, turns off and on with the ignition and has a cable mounted adjustment control to fine tune. About $200 all in, used Forscan to update the EQ signal, pleased with the result.

OP
OP
Bassackwards

Bassackwards

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT/CS convertible
Mount a spare tire style subwoofer in the trunk, used a Rockville audio one in mine and it worked great, tapped into the rear speaker wires and ran a power cable from the battery, turns off and on with the ignition and has a cable mounted adjustment control to fine tune. About $200 all in, used Forscan to update the EQ signal, pleased with the result.

This might work. I need a spare that will fit over the Brembo brakes. I have a pump in the well know

Scat2018

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
18 Dodge Charger scat pack
Iā€™m looking into get this in a few months.got to finish my whipple supercharger install

Sponsored

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
On a slightly different note but still the same page, has anyone found a good replacement speaker for the back panels?

Evolvd

Instigator
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500
On a slightly different note but still the same page, has anyone found a good replacement speaker for the back panels?
Any 6.5 will do including coaxials. But, the rear package tray panel chokes off the sound. You can punch the vent holes out of the carpet like I did and itā€™ll allow more sound into the cabin but the speakers are set up in an infinite-baffle so you wonā€™t get very good response from them no matter that woofer you use.

72CBA5C4-B397-48A9-A715-F5C92B4D2EF3.jpeg

69mach1-395

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 RR GT/CS
20211210_164251.jpg

Canadian Crimson

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible PP1 Royal Crimson
Any 6.5 will do including coaxials. But, the rear package tray panel chokes off the sound. You can punch the vent holes out of the carpet like I did and itā€™ll allow more sound into the cabin but the speakers are set up in an infinite-baffle so you wonā€™t get very good response from them no matter that woofer you use.

72CBA5C4-B397-48A9-A715-F5C92B4D2EF3.jpeg
The vert does not have them mounted in the same place as the coupe. They are mounted in the side panels where there is very limited depth.
Sponsored