First oil change complete - my notes

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Good writeup.

Did my first oilchange about 4 weeks ago. But the dealership gave me the wrong oil filter so the car had to sit on jacks for a day until i had that switched oit.

Its a pretty simple process imo.

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
Do you think the Quick Jack will work on the GT350?

The Quick Jack site indicates it won't be able to lift the car if it's too low and doesn't have enough leverage to get started lifting.

Had anybody tried on the GT350?

OP
OP

MCarsFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350

The Quick Jack site indicates it won't be able to lift the car if it's too low and doesn't have enough leverage to get started lifting.

It should. I measured it and the side clearance in the GT350 is around 6" whereas quickjack requires only 3". It's also wide enough to reach all pinch weld points. It should actually be perfect.

Sponsored

Steve68

Mr. Robot
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2018 Jeep JLUR, 2020 F-150

I was worried about that as well. I recently bought the 7000 but haven't had a chance to get the GT350 up on it. It lifted my F-150, so I'm thinking even with only a few inches before it starts lifting the car it should be able to do so.

torque124

Torque
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shelby GT350R
Vehicle Showcase
I'm still skeptical. Tell ya what. Close hood and lay pruning shears on hood. Then repost.:D
This or the oil change never happened :lol:

hacktracker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Renegade
I was worried about that as well. I recently bought the 7000 but haven't had a chance to get the GT350 up on it. It lifted my F-150, so I'm thinking even with only a few inches before it starts lifting the car it should be able to do so.
Let us know how it works when you get a chance. I've got a pickup and may opt for the 7000 lift even though there is plenty of room to crawl around under there.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey

I just used my low pro jack to lift mine.

Spacebird

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350R
Thanks for these notes! I just changed my oil at 720 miles. It was very, very easy. A few of my thoughts:

• Steeda jack rails made lifting the car very, very easy.
  • Punching a hole in the filter worked great to reduce mess.
  • A blue disposable shop towel between the filter and filter wrench worked great to prevent the latter from falling off.
  • I was able to fill the filter with fresh oil ~80% of the way and spin it on without spillage.
  • After adding 9 quarts and without starting the engine the dipstick showed full. After letting it idle and allowing the oil to settle it showed low on the dipstick but the bottom hole was wet. I added the final quart to top it off.

I plan to check the filter torque every few weeks just to be safe. I'll share my Blackstone used oil analysis when I get the results.
Sponsored