Sponsored

First Mustang (Help needed)

Carman22!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Good afternoon all,

I’m looking to get my first mustang (first V8) I found a 21’ with the performance package with 21k miles for 36k. Nada, KBB, and all other sites said the car is worth 31-32k, so I’m going to try to get the price down to that. My question is since the car has 3.55 gears will if have more torque at lower mph? I’m looking for that fun performance feeling.

thanks,
Sponsored

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Mustangs are not down-low torque grunt engines, they're high-revving screamer engines.

While your question isn't really clear, I think that should help you understand what you're looking at buying.

The 3.55 gears are what comes with the 10SPD PP1 cars, and they're the fastest accelerating of the stock Mustangs GTs.

OP
OP

Carman22!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger
Mustangs are not down-low torque grunt engines, they're high-revving screamer engines.

While your question isn't really clear, I think that should help you understand what you're looking at buying.

The 3.55 gears are what comes with the 10SPD PP1 cars, and they're the fastest accelerating of the stock Mustangs GTs.
Thanks for the help, I could have worded it better, but yea I meant that low end torque like scar packs have for example.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
Thanks for the help, I could have worded it better, but yea I meant that low end torque like scar packs have for example.
These cars are quite a bit faster than scat-packs.

jcttraveler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Convertible 2019
If this is your first V8, your biggest concern should be avoiding being a YouTube star for not being able to handle the power. There's plenty of power (and fun). Test it incrementally, and on dry pavement.

Sponsored

Balr14

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
BMW Z4 M40i
3.55 gears and the A10 are a great combo. A Mustang weighs a lot less than a scat pack, too.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Good afternoon all,

I’m looking to get my first mustang (first V8) I found a 21’ with the performance package with 21k miles for 36k. Nada, KBB, and all other sites said the car is worth 31-32k, so I’m going to try to get the price down to that. My question is since the car has 3.55 gears will if have more torque at lower mph? I’m looking for that fun performance feeling.

thanks,
3.55 gear sounds like the car is going to be a auto. If it's a manual it should come with 3.73. Those will be give that strong torque feel. Mustang's lack torque as it is but with that gear ratio you should have a good torque feel.

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT with Recaro bucket seat option.
I have a 2023 Mustang GT 5.0. Mine has 3.55 with six manual. Now since mine is a 2023 that might be the reason why. I have Recaro bucket seat option as well. The car is stock except for these two options and the spoiler delete. I will say too, be careful since this is your first V8. I'm 61 and this is my second V8. Most of my engines have been 4 bangers with standard trans. I traded a 2020 Camry XSE fro mine. Camry had auto, of course. Coming from a 2.5 to a 5.0 high performance V8 is like going from a moped to a Ninja. Get used to the car, get to know the car before you try it out. Go to a abandoned parking lot if you must. These can be dangerous cars at the same time they are fun. This is the best advice anyone can give you., BE CAREFUL.
Even if it is a automatic, get to know the car. Might want to save some money and take course in driving it, if you can. If you can't, try to get someone with experience to ride with you guide you. Your life is more important than money. Learn the car. The car does what you tell it to do. Be smart and take it slow. Have fun and Peace out.

metalmadman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jimmy
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT with Recaro bucket seat option.
I learned how to drive on the dirt roads of rural Texas. Yeah, it was a blast. If I would have had a Mustang like this when I was young and thought I would live forever? I probably would not be here.

Sponsored

PhillyMike

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT, 2015 Dodge Durango RT
Good afternoon all,

thanks,
Yes, the 3.55 gears wake it up a bit, but with the A10 it's fast even with the base gearing.

Coming from a Challenger, it will be handle better and be faster 0-60 unless your Challenger was a Hellcat.

You are asking a Mustang forum, but we say get it!

Jxp1962

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT
Coming from a Challenger, it will be handle better and be faster 0-60 unless your Challenger was a Hellcat.

You are asking a Mustang forum, but we say get it!
Agreed with mike, i dont have a scat pack chally but have an 6 speed RT 5.7.
My mustang GT auto with the same rear end is hands down faster than my chally, and a total frikken blast to drive.

As mike said, this is a mustang forum, so yeah… we might be biased…

Good luck with your negotiations, and hopeful purchase!
Sponsored