First mods to your Mach 1

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Mike- You know what I picked. I’m one of the apparently few who really like the Std. M1 wheel for this car. To me, it’s most reminiscent of the M1’s unique heritage whereas the HP and PP2 say more GT350 to me. But nothing wrong with that at all because they all look great.
I still hope to pick up a set of the base wheels and see if anything can be done to make em look more mag 500ish. or maybe someone will come out with a 19" set that fits the car.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I still hope to pick up a set of the base wheels and see if anything can be done to make em look more mag 500ish. or maybe someone will come out with a 19" set that fits the car.
Yes. Mag 500 redo In Magnetic instead of black to match the M1 and brushed aluminum instead of chrome to modernize it just a tad. Hey, Ford performance…..this would sell!

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I love how my Magnetic ones look, not light but not dark :-) But black works with it as well just fine.

13.jpg
I agree. I think the Magnetic ones pop more, whereas the black ones tend to blend in.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I love how my Magnetic ones look, not light but not dark :-) But black works with it as well just fine.

13.jpg

IIRC, you sold the wide oem PP2 wheels? 😁
I agree. I think the Magnetic ones pop more, whereas the black ones tend to blend in.
I did sell the OEM PP2 wheels but don’t regret it, I like the style and widths but not the color with my silver car. Would prefer the magnetic wheels if I had another color car though, like black or blue.

Sponsored

Mustang_Scotty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT 350, 2016 SRT GC
H-pipe, potentially Whipple? I'm going to probably pull off all the stickers as well.
Why not just purchase a gt500? I don’t get why I see most of these upgrades to a car that’s at a specific level I mean the gains are Negligible and at this point and in my opinion ruining the perfect factory car but to each their own I guess. That’s like when I purchased 2 93 Cobra’s and erasing what Ford did. God I wish I kept them. My last 93, 5 years ago had 2200 miles on it. I think just purchase the reg mustang and have at it.

Last edited:

Thesauerchise

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Kia Optima, 2021 Mach 1
Mike- You know what I picked. I’m one of the apparently few who really like the Std. M1 wheel for this car. To me, it’s most reminiscent of the M1’s unique heritage whereas the HP and PP2 say more GT350 to me. But nothing wrong with that at all, they all look great and the M1 is the “replacement” for the GT350.
I’m with you 100 on the base wheel. It has that retro feel that I love.
ECB6CA3D-33A4-441F-B043-C8ABE66F0AC2.jpeg

Cobrajet70

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Hp
Vehicle Showcase
Got a HP awaiting shipping,
Looking at possibly the ult handing springs, I'm on ultra lights on my Non mag ride PP1 and its a bit harsher then I like on a few roads but I'm sure a better shock set up would fix that.
How does the Mag ride on Ult dual rates compare to the Ultra lights?
And one heard anything on tuning options. I saw Steedas has one in the works.

JuicySmollet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juicy
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 (M2440)
Why not just purchase a gt500? I don’t get why I see most of these upgrades to a car that’s at a specific level I mean the gains are Negligible and at this point and in my opinion ruining the perfect factory car but to each their own I guess. That’s like when I purchased 2 93 Cobra’s and erasing what Ford did. God I wish I kept them. My last 93, 5 years ago had 2200 miles on it. I think just purchase the reg mustang and have at it.
I didn't want to pony up another 20K at that point - mine was 57K (plus I can hide a whipple under the hood and wifey won't know) - I haven't done anything to it other than the catch can as of now.

stangman09

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang
I didn't want to pony up another 20K at that point - mine was 57K (plus I can hide a whipple under the hood and wifey won't know) - I haven't done anything to it other than the catch can as of now.
let me now how this goes for you. a Whipple mach 1 would be amazing.

Sponsored

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
I am going to wait and see the results of both a Whipple install and tune and a Pro Charger install and tune. As I understand it now, will lose the GT-350 intake / MAF and loose the strut tower brace using the Whipple. Using the Pro Charger, all of that stays, just have to change some brackets and shift some stuff around, all easily reversible if needed down the road.

I am by no means an expert, just trying to do my due diligence so I can make an informed decision down the road. Pretty much determined that this will probably be my last Mustang, so some forced induction with a relatively mild tune should easily get me 600-650 RWHP. I could live with that for a stock looking "just another FJG non HP M1".

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I am going to wait and see the results of both a Whipple install and tune and a Pro Charger install and tune. As I understand it now, will lose the GT-350 intake / MAF and loose the strut tower brace using the Whipple. Using the Pro Charger, all of that stays, just have to change some brackets and shift some stuff around, all easily reversible if needed down the road.

I am by no means an expert, just trying to do my due diligence so I can make an informed decision down the road. Pretty much determined that this will probably be my last Mustang, so some forced induction with a relatively mild tune should easily get me 600-650 RWHP. I could live with that for a stock looking "just another FJG non HP M1".
Procharger with the Mach 1's gearing with the Tremec makes more sense around that power level. Whipple can be violent on higher gears then you start looking to gear swap and run around on radials all of the time. The engine likes to rev and the Procharger will be happy with that.

docday64

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2021 FJG, M1333 Mach 1, 2013 Taurus SHO PP
Procharger with the Mach 1's gearing with the Tremec makes more sense around that power level. Whipple can be violent on higher gears then you start looking to gear swap and run around on radials all of the time. The engine likes to rev and the Procharger will be happy with that.
I have the A10 and it has the 3.55 gears vs the Tremec that will have the 3.73's. Don't really plan to do a whole lot of mods to the car, only what I have to to support the forced induction. I think stock fuel system can handle it, may do the resonator delete with X/H pipe. Was probably going to stay stock with drive train from tranny down to tires unless that HP level drives me to it.
Not going to be drag racing on the weekends or anything crazy like that, maybe a track day or 2 will be the limit of my hard use and abuse. Appreciate the info, seen a lot of talk about the Whipple but not too much on the Pro Charger.

Mikepol2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2019 Ram 1500
I’m biased but never understood putting on a blower and then having to go to lower gears because it’s too powerful to be drivable. Just go to 4.09’s or 4.30’s (if anyone is making them yet) and be done with it.
Sponsored