First mods to your Mach 1

wilkinda65

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2020 Charger ScatPackWB
First and only mod for now as this car is awesome as is. Redline tuning hood struts. Why Ford didn't incorporate hood struts, I don't know, but these work like a champ. Have to pull some of the washer tubing out to create the bend you see or the tubing gets crimped when you close the hood. Saw these in another thread with owners back and forth which brand to use...
Redline Hood Struts.JPG
I got the same ones and I had the brackets painted FJG to match the car. Should be installed this weekend if I get the chance
Sponsored

Last edited:

ChemEng44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
2022 F-150 Tremor, 2021 Mach 1 HP, 2021 F-Pace SVR
Redline hood struts, JLT air oil separators both sides, Steeda low profile jacking rails, steeda X-Pipe, carbon license plate cover, full carbon interior (dash, dash plaque, radio bezel surround, center console, door handle pieces, etc) already have everything, just waiting for the car to be delivered Oct' 6th.

Jimmy Dean

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Al
Vehicle(s)
71 mach 1, 82 Bronco, 86 Bronco (dd),
Ford Performance air oil separator, Ford Performance hood struts, BMR jacking rails. Those are my mods before I even have the car. More for maintenance / quality of life.
planning on the same, maybe diff brands, but same additions. maybe do an x/h pipe, haven't decided there yet.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Redline hood struts, JLT air oil separators both sides, Steeda low profile jacking rails, steeda X-Pipe, carbon license plate cover, full carbon interior (dash, dash plaque, radio bezel surround, center console, door handle pieces, etc) already have everything, just waiting for the car to be delivered Oct' 6th.
You'll find that the driver's side catch can is not necessary. That's really only for boosted cars. It will be empty for its life.

Sponsored

ChemEng44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
You'll find that the driver's side catch can is not necessary. That's really only for boosted cars. It will be empty for its life.
šŸ‘ My second phase of the build is the Whipple in April 2022.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1

Atlas1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Audi S6, 2021 Mach 1 'M1985'
Ford Performance air oil separator, Ford Performance hood struts, BMR jacking rails. Those are my mods before I even have the car. More for maintenance / quality of life.
One guy with bmr railsā€¦ā€¦the other with steeda. Iā€™d love to hear your thoughts on why one vs the other!

GreenS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium 2020 Explorer Limited
One guy with bmr railsā€¦ā€¦the other with steeda. Iā€™d love to hear your thoughts on why one vs the other!
I have had both the BMR and the Steeda jacking rails. I think the BMR look more beefy, stronger looking and love the bright red. As far as the hood struts, I have had both the Ford Performance and/or Roush and the Redline. The Redline are simply a better strut. Some of the cheaper ones keep the back of the hood up a bit, looks goofy or undone.

Sponsored

ChemEng44

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Justin
Vehicle(s)
I have had both the BMR and the Steeda jacking rails. I think the BMR look more beefy, stronger looking and love the bright red. As far as the hood struts, I have had both the Ford Performance and/or Roush and the Redline. The Redline are simply a better strut. Some of the cheaper ones keep the back of the hood up a bit, looks goofy or undone.
I like how the low profile are dead even with the pinch weld on the Steeda's, never had an issue with durability (knock on wood). +1 on the Redlines, no substitute currently.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I had the Steeda on my last car. Zero issues, worked great. BMR were cheaper this round. You aren't going to find much of a difference aside from branding. They all do the same job as long as the fitment is spot on. I also had Redlines on my last car and decided to go with the Ford Performance ones aside from the occasional bad review. If they end up sucking, I'll get just get the redlines.

DEDXXXX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dennis
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Black 6MT M3629
I had the Steeda on my last car. Zero issues, worked great. BMR were cheaper this round. You aren't going to find much of a difference aside from branding. They all do the same job as long as the fitment is spot on. I also had Redlines on my last car and decided to go with the Ford Performance ones aside from the occasional bad review. If they end up sucking, I'll get just get the redlines.
The FP struts are nice and beefy And prettier. The hardware and instructions blow, even after multiple YouTube videos.
Iā€™m pretty well mechanically inclined and took my time and still managed to screw it up. After much fiddling, I said screw it and ordered the Redlines. The FP bottom mounts are exceptionally badly designed. The redlines are much better.

73861D04-AD83-4E8A-8828-71505184D392.jpeg
9B2E6513-88BF-4BB3-BAE6-BA5F2A1CAF8F.jpeg
2C401E8C-CDA1-4223-8D95-761C7BA28907.jpeg
3357D198-F6FA-493D-8B7A-DAC7223F9EA0.jpeg

Iā€™ll keep the FPā€˜s, if these struts fail, they should still work with the mounts.

Nardly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bernard
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach 1 Twister Orange M2425 Chassis
The larger footprint of the Redline mounting bracket sold me on them. Less stress on the hood while closing.

WCRookie99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
G
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2010 Porsche Carrera S, 2022 LH5