bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
I think the GT500 is more than a hobby car....

FWIW: 9 seconds of performance isn't a lot. Never understood why someone would spend all day, for ~15s of fun, when you can just go to a track, instead. While having minutes and minutes and minutes of performance. While testing out all the dynamics of the car, not just acceleration.

:bandit:
^
It probably has something to do with a $25 dollar fee for 10-15 runs. And a days worth of hanging out with fellow racers. VS spending several hundred on a track fee. Then wearing out a set of tires and breaks that will cost a few thousand dollars. Magazine racing is obviously the best! What’s a subscription cost today?
Sponsored

w3rkn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw 135is(sold)
It probably has something to do with a $25 dollar fee for 10-15 runs. And a days worth of hanging out with fellow racers. VS spending several hundred on a track fee. Then wearing out a set of tires and breaks that will cost a few thousand dollars. Magazine racing is obviously the best! What’s a subscription cost today?
I'd say, about $3 fiddy...

olaosunt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Guard,base,M6,KB-2.DIB,auto,Hellion TT,2016 GT 350/Gen 3 Whipple ,2018 Mustang GT/Gen 5 Whipple
10-15 runs ?
Never going to happen at the drag strips around here .
As I get older, spending 4 hours in the staging lanes to make 2(may be 3 if lucky ) 9 second passes is getting harder to justify .

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
10-15 runs ?
Never going to happen at the drag strips around here .
As I get older, spending 4 hours in the staging lanes to make 2(may be 3 if lucky ) 9 second passes is getting harder to justify .
That really blows. Me and my wife split time in the car and we both get 6 to 7 runs a night in the spring and fall. At my track the gamblers run on the same nights as T&T. So runs go down some in the summer months. We get there early and get two or three hot laps apiece in before the crowd even starts to show up.

Sponsored

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
I can only speak on 2 things:
1- i made it known that best mph will come from manual and trackmode shifts, especially at 8k, or 8200 as i think they are doing
2- i would take everything any camp says with a grain, as some are more likely to put out false or half-truthed information, especially this early in the game.

Development and shop cars, by nature, are not cared for like our personal cars and there is a ton of $$ on the table if a few wisely chosen statements can sway opinions 1 way or the other. Look for in depth reviews and tech data and results
Oh yeah. With that power, there is decent room for improvement with the time. I imagine that with come soon.
Being 4000 pounds plus sure does not help the sixty foot times.

9secondko

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 cobra
Being 4000 pounds plus sure does not help the sixty foot times.
Actually, with its insane engine, yes it does. The weight actually helps.

Traction is hard to come by without more weight over the drive tires or an AWD setup.

but we have already seen the 500 kill the 60' repeatedly. So it happens.

Dalton@Evolution

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dalton
Vehicle(s)
First 2020 GT500 In Da 9z
Definitely sounds like they are manually shifting the car on the first two runs. The drag mode uses a specific clutch engagement method to allow for slightly faster times than the manual track shift. Wonder if they were doing it manually to get it to hold RPM longer or something. Sounds like they utilized that on the third run.
First two runs I let the car shift itself in drive. Any other run was manual mode.

Sponsored

DavidHuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 5.0
Actually, with its insane engine, yes it does. The weight actually helps.

Traction is hard to come by without more weight over the drive tires or an AWD setup.

but we have already seen the 500 kill the 60' repeatedly. So it happens.[/QUO
Tell me you are kidding me.LOL

Last edited:

obspsd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keller
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Auto Ruby Red
Quickest pass yet. 9.80

BluByeU