Sponsored

First GT500 in the 9s

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
What is the stock boost on these gt500’s and what was this one hitting??
Stock is 12, hard to say what psi he was seeing. He is running a 2.65 upper, good for 17 psi, but also ported blower which would drop measured psi 1-2lbs

DeadSpool

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTT
Stock is 12, hard to say what psi he was seeing. He is running a 2.65 upper, good for 17 psi, but also ported blower which would drop measured psi 1-2lbs
Thanks man... I just read Lund’s reply on IG. 16 when doing that pass and a little bit higher when it was on the dyno.

BlackandBlue

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
****Correction ****
Just got confirmation Lund was slipping on the dyno, dont know at what power level
On that last run in the video the shifts sounds lazy.

Sounded like the shifts engaged slipped for a split second and finally pulled the Rpm down after some torque was removed.

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
I want to see the battery moved to the trunk and then see the quarter mile times.

Sponsored

FruityJudy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
On the first pass I watched it sounded like it was cutting fuel on the shifts, the rest of the passes it sounded like that was no longer the case. Was that changed in the tune?

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
I think they're running these times in manual mode. Either DRAG or TRACK mode for some reason. Maybe because of the DCT? I'm not sure.
Also, I think the torque management is holding the car back still. Hopefully they get that issue figured out.

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
On that last run in the video the shifts sounds lazy.

Sounded like the shifts engaged slipped for a split second and finally pulled the Rpm down after some torque was removed.
I think they're running these times in manual mode. Either DRAG or TRACK mode for some reason. Maybe because of the DCT? I'm not sure.
Also, I think the torque management is holding the car back still. Hopefully they get that issue figured out.
I can only speak on 2 things:
1- i made it known that best mph will come from manual and trackmode shifts, especially at 8k, or 8200 as i think they are doing
2- i would take everything any camp says with a grain, as some are more likely to put out false or half-truthed information, especially this early in the game.

Development and shop cars, by nature, are not cared for like our personal cars and there is a ton of $$ on the table if a few wisely chosen statements can sway opinions 1 way or the other. Look for in depth reviews and tech data and results

gmd2003

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
I can only speak on 2 things:
1- i made it known that best mph will come from manual and trackmode shifts, especially at 8k, or 8200 as i think they are doing
2- i would take everything any camp says with a grain, as some are more likely to put out false or half-truthed information, especially this early in the game.

Development and shop cars, by nature, are not cared for like our personal cars and there is a ton of $$ on the table if a few wisely chosen statements can sway opinions 1 way or the other. Look for in depth reviews and tech data and results
Very true , I sure as hell won’t be spinning mine to over 8k , in my opinion it’s a very bad idea and is only in play due to the tq management limiting gains at normal revs ..... won’t last on a track over revving under hard use . The only reason for Ford choosing 100 psi oil pressures is they are unsure of the bearings still.

ShelbySnake

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
That is not impressive...Not beating a Redeye in a drag race...Just a pulley and 93 tune and a Redeye will be doing 9.7's...All the work done to that car , do the same to a Redeye and Redeye does low 9's...The Redeye has gone 10.15 with just a drag radial and seat removal...Ford can have the road race course...I could not care less...The DCT will be an issue.
Once tuners can adjust launch rpm and calibrate the trans, Im sure a car with these mods will be deep in the 9’s.

Sponsored

Stage_3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Roush Stage 3
Development and shop cars, by nature, are not cared for like our personal cars and there is a ton of $$ on the table if a few wisely chosen statements can sway opinions 1 way or the other.
Absolutely brother!!!
Big monies on the table.

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
That is not impressive...Not beating a Redeye in a drag race...Just a pulley and 93 tune and a Redeye will be doing 9.7's...All the work done to that car , do the same to a Redeye and Redeye does low 9's...The Redeye has gone 10.15 with just a drag radial and seat removal...Ford can have the road race course...I could not care less...The DCT will be an issue.
You've still got your shipping protectors on, hahaha ... !

IceAge

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
GG
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT 500, 2022 GT500, 2020 GT Mustang, Raptor,
I own a Redeye and the difference of the Torque Converter in the A8 versus the GT500 DCT not having one is the issue imo.
EE421097-7233-460E-AD3C-7032223B8B27.jpeg

biminiLX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT500 and a few others
So the rule is anything reducing restriction before the blower rotors should INCREASE boost and anything reducing restriction after the blower should REDUCE boost.
For example, increasing the TB size will increase boost, while removing the cats will reduce boost.
The blower elbow behind the TB and before the rotor pack seems to be the biggest restriction from what I’ve seen.
It’d be interesting to see what porting gains Kong found.
I was assuming someone will eventually make an ‘elbow’ to replace the stock piece.
It will be complicated, but running a huge TB and reducing rotor pack would be worth it for max power.
On second thought, I’ll just take the 3.8 Whipple :)
-J

V00D00

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500
So the rule is anything reducing restriction before the blower rotors should INCREASE boost and anything reducing restriction after the blower should REDUCE boost.
For example, increasing the TB size will increase boost, while removing the cats will reduce boost.
The blower elbow behind the TB and before the rotor pack seems to be the biggest restriction from what I’ve seen.
It’d be interesting to see what porting gains Kong found.
I was assuming someone will eventually make an ‘elbow’ to replace the stock piece.
It will be complicated, but running a huge TB and reducing rotor pack would be worth it for max power.
On second thought, I’ll just take the 3.8 Whipple :)
-J
Are u sure on that? Increasing the area would reduce the resistance, resulting in lower pressure, correct?

Anyway, he was running a 2.65, good for 16-17 psi, larger TB and ported blower

I have the 2.75 on now, and seeing about 15-15.5 psi

The orange car is getting tuned in a few, and he has the 2.65, so we will have some backup information
Sponsored