Well there goes his job :headbonk:

10splaya22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
F150
Was it just me but once he started to skid why wasn't he counter-turning the wheel. Looks like he was skidding left and continues to turn right.

Dumb ass driver if you ask me.
The car understeered into the wall. There isn't much you can do to save it at that point. He was going too fast and no amount of wheel input would have saved it at that point.

Sponsored

nametoshowothers

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
description of cars
Now that had to be embarrassing.:crazy:
well maybe he agreed it was not that good looking and thought he would correct some front end deficiencies!

maybe the handling and brakes are not as good as the kool aid tin foil hats want everyone to believe. Do believe it is better than the old 6 cyl.

I guess there will be less Jalopnik Chevy reviews going forward

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Why GM have z28 as the lead car, they know v6 camaro cant keep up the z28, GM should use 5g v6 as the lead car so other journalist dont have push hard just to catchup, many journalist never driven on that track before.
Btw track seem to be narrow.

Herr_Poopschitz

Nullius in verba
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Junk
Tool. Kiss your automotive journalist career goodbye.

W/ the blatant disrespect for agreements and ethics, I'm sure he'll find a cozy job in some other industry easily.

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
What is he doing there, did he ever drove a powerful car? No counter-turning? Holding his hands an the wheel to cross the arms? WTF.

This wasn't a ride for journalists to race, it was just for getting a first impression. So his crash together with the leaks before the reveal, it's reasonable that they kicked him out.

The GT will be my first really powerful car too, I know why I will start driving it with huge respect.

thePill

Camaro5's Most Wanted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Automotive Journalists are usually not equivilent to Automotive Race Drivers. Very few track at all other than comparisons. Even those are usually on just a few tracks...

Don't put inexperience behind the wheel and expect good things to happen. On the contrary, regardless of what a manufacturer tells you about the car, it still needs to be driven.

All the other garbage is just unprofessionalism by GM. People leak sh!t to me on a weekly basis from YOUR company. They released the document they had... I would have too.

Hell, I run my mouth about this all the time. I never provide proof because it helps with lawsuits or internal investigations. The guy that leaked the Q&A from Chevy will be found and fired.

He didn't just send that info to Jalopnik, most media had it. They just didn't want to lose a paycheck from GM. That's all it comes down to. Jalopnik isn't under GM's thumb because GM doesn't think they are worth it. Nobody's right really, just a lot of wrong doing from both media and manufacturers.

Sponsored

bigspoondude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Scion xB
Who crosses arms when driving?! He seems so unfocused. Would have recorded driving, then subbed in commentary afterward.

Regardless of brand, I would never wish this upon a car.

*EDIT* Someone needs to make a double arm cross meme!

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
What is he doing there, did he ever drove a powerful car? No counter-turning? Holding his hands an the wheel to cross the arms? WTF.
You don't counter steer when you're understeering, but at the same time dialing in more steering won't make things better.

Bottom line, you can make any car understeer. He went into the corner carrying way too much speed.

Stupid mistake, but he realizes that and admits it in the video. He's not my favorite 'journalist' but he's not the worst guy in the world.

Tony Alonso

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'01/'09/'19 Bullitt, '90 GT, '00 Corvette FRC