OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 LX 5.0 Coupe-Coyote Swapped
Vehicle Showcase
Ok, well obviously your fan boyism is blinding you. If you cannot see that a $39k car that has ran 11s and sub 4s to 60 is a grand slam, you cannot be reached. Enjoy your mustang, its a grand slam.
So, like in the early 2000's, it sounds like the people buying the 6thGen Camaro are drag racers and street racers. Not a good recipe for success if history shows us anything. When I participated on Camaro5 back in the day, all the focus was on it's handling and not it's straight line performance. Now that it's straight line numbers are better than the Mustang, it's all about that aspect of the car. Got it.

1320'

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Avenger...sadly
Well I don't think that's really fair...they're all fluffed up about it handling "nearly as well" as a base GT350 also.

I think the difference now is GM is somewhat serious about real racing..with the COPO variant already revealed..no clue as to whatever 6th Gen version they'll be entering, if any, in road course racing.

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
I did a correction factor with DRtimes calculator vs my local track 12.2@114mph.
Then again if I where at his track it looks like I could pick up .3 and 2mph.
Must be nice to have that kind of weather coupled with awesome DA.
Are you saying in the more than year the car has been out, the Mustang has yet to run in those conditions? No one is denying that those conditions aren't amazing or the normal. But if the Mustang ran those numbers you bet y'all would be flipping out. And rightfully so. I would be too. It's just good news for all of us.

Sponsored

04SloSnake

Boost Addict
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R34 Skyline
Well then its hard to say that the Camaro is so much more expensive if you would order it with options that the Mustang does not have.
It's really not because purchase price to purchase price is a different. I never said one was better than the other for it, simply it is priced higher than I am willing to pay for the vehicle which is fair to me.

JohnnyUtah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 M4 Comp, 2019 Silverado
So, like in the early 2000's, it sounds like the people buying the 6thGen Camaro are drag racers and street racers. Not a good recipe for success if history shows us anything. When I participated on Camaro5 back in the day, all the focus was on it's handling and not it's straight line performance. Now that it's straight line numbers are better than the Mustang, it's all about that aspect of the car. Got it.
Well since there haven't been any head to heads with road course times yet, the straight line times is what people will discuss.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Ok, well obviously your fan boyism is blinding you. If you cannot see that a $39k car that has ran 11s and sub 4s to 60 is a grand slam, you cannot be reached. Enjoy your mustang, its a grand slam.
Don't you think that's a bit like the pot calling the kettle black? I'm not the Camaro missionary constantly hanging out on a Ford site posting about how great the Camaro is.

I spent less than $33k for my 2015 Mustang GT, and they can be had considerably cheaper now. Don't you think that car could run faster than a Camaro for less money if that were the most important thing to the owner?

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Well since there haven't been any head to heads with road course times yet, the straight line times is what people will discuss.
Seems the only thing "people" want to discuss are the aspects where the Gen6 Camaro beats the Gen6 Mustang. Previously, "people" only wanted to discuss where the Gen5 Camaro beat the Gen5 Mustang. "People" try to be all coy with their true agenda but it's quite obvious they are, almost always, trolling for the sake of trolling. Has there ever been an instance where a Mustang enthusiast went t a Camaro site and persuaded a Camaro enthusiast to buy a Mustang? Or vice-versa?

347CobraII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT

What are you GM rep your going to get us to buy Camaro now. Guilty of being fan boyism to the fullest mister I'm GM guy. You forget this if MUSTANG forum we bought our cars well because that's what we wanted so get over it.

Sponsored

ZaneWayne

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Chevy SS
What are you GM rep your going to get us to buy Camaro now. Guilty of being fan boyism to the fullest mister I'm GM guy. You forget this if MUSTANG forum we bought our cars well because that's what we wanted so get over it.
I love the new Mustang. It's freaking awesome. A fan boy usually doesn't call it's direct competitor, a grand slam. But if some of you guys cannot see how the new alpha based SS is a grand slam also, then we will just agree to disagree. There as literally been zero people who have put it through its paces, that hasn't loved it

minjitta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Explorer
Seems the only thing "people" want to discuss are the aspects where the Gen6 Camaro beats the Gen6 Mustang. Previously, "people" only wanted to discuss where the Gen5 Camaro beat the Gen5 Mustang. "People" try to be all coy with their true agenda but it's quite obvious they are, almost always, trolling for the sake of trolling. Has there ever been an instance where a Mustang enthusiast went t a Camaro site and persuaded a Camaro enthusiast to buy a Mustang? Or vice-versa?
You will be banned before you can pursuaded other to buy mustang in communist camaro6g site.
But hey mustang6g dont mind that show how classy mustang6g are.

jtmat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vert turbo!!!!
I love the new Mustang. It's freaking awesome. A fan boy usually doesn't call it's direct competitor, a grand slam. But if some of you guys cannot see how the new alpha based SS is a grand slam also, then we will just agree to disagree. There as literally been zero people who have put it through its paces, that hasn't loved it
I can't wait to test drive the Camaro vert... sure it is a nice car.

I would not want to own one... more than happy with my Mustang...

I am confused as to why you are here and not with other Camaro owners.... I went over to camero land forum but did not stay long... not much need/want for me there. Lots of info though.

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There is a huge difference between loving the performance of a car, and loving the overall car itself. I don't see a single person in this thread questioning the performance of the new Camaro. Heck, I didn't even call you out on your 30mpg comment. (We all know the car does not average that number. Sure, it might get close to that at a steady cruise speed on a level road with AFM, but that is not anywhere near what you will ever see in normal traffic flow.)

You are a fan boy. Saying the Mustang is "freaking awesome" does not mean you really believe that it is. Same goes for Spartan, but he's even more obvious with his agenda.

OP
OP
garagelogic

garagelogic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
You will be banned before you can pursuaded other to buy mustang in communist camaro6g site.
But hey mustang6g dont mind that show how classy mustang6g are.
Never had the chance to be banned from C6; I was banned from C5 well before that site spun off for daring to question a moderator and not spreading my posts around to enough sub-forums. Go read some of my old posts over there and let me know if it was justified.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.