Wildwildwest

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
IMG_1342.jpeg

If heaven forbid you needed to quickly access the extinguisher this is a better location. On the passenger downtube tucked in a corner defeats the purpose of having one onboard.
A little off topic, but which roll bar is that and what color (name/code) is it painted? I’m looking to add a CMS rollbar and looking for a color that closely matches the interior stitching (silver/gray 2018). Yours looks pretty awesome! I also live in Phoenix area. Did you install yourself or have a local shop do the work? Feel free to PM me response if you are so inclined.
Sponsored

azshelby350

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 2016 Shelby GT350 "FPRS #9"
A little off topic, but which roll bar is that and what color (name/code) is it painted? I’m looking to add a CMS rollbar and looking for a color that closely matches the interior stitching (silver/gray 2018). Yours looks pretty awesome! I also live in Phoenix area. Did you install yourself or have a local shop do the work? Feel free to PM me response if you are so inclined.
This roll bar is from Watson and came with the car when I bought it from the Ford Performance Racing School, so unfortunately I don’t know the paint code or name. But it’s basically a semi-satin silver that is probably just their based powder coat color. I have a CMS bar for my other car and like it way better and the CMS bar is easier to install.

svttim

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R
Beats trying to pee the fire out.
On track these are worthless. They have fire protection there and unless you have a system you need to get out. Never sure why MCA required them even though I was a National director

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
This is where I keep mine, (its a little on the old side). It's handy enough for me to get to by stepping out of the car and still is somewhat not in the way. I must add I keep a f.E. in every car I own, If not for me, it will be there for someone else . As far as being needed at the track, ask Paddy if he ever had to use his.

20230610_120704.jpg

Sponsored

sukhoi_584th

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Colorado, 2019 GT350, 2022 Mach-E
@FORDPRF per my recent research you shouldn't store Halotron/HalGuard/whatever sideways or upside down as the fluid will corrode the valve

FORDPRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Thanks for sharing your concern. FYI I had already crossed this by with manufacturer who advised that there was absolutely no issue with this and not the case with their products. 100% trust their products and advice on same for that matter.

FORDPRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
Meant to ask if anyone here has ever used or considered using the element fire extinguishers? Not sure if these would be track approved for that matter. You can find them at: www.elementfire.com

1 old racer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2018 Royal Crimson GT PP1 prem., and others
Vehicle Showcase
Meant to ask if anyone here has ever used or considered using the element fire extinguishers? Not sure if these would be track approved for that matter. You can find them at: www.elementfire.com
I am picking up one for my off road truck

Sponsored

NavyMAChief

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2017 Whipple GT350
I have one and I think they are awesome but they aren’t UL listed if that matters in any rule books. I have to carry a regular extinguisher along with it in my work truck for OSHA. At least that’s what I’ve been told maybe someone on here has documentation that says otherwise and I can ditch the huge bottle.
Sponsored