JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R''Ken'' 2016 GT350 2020 GT "Mollie"
47 replies with everyone's feedback, opinions and thoughts and the OP hasn't even logged in since starting the thread. :crackup:
Boy did this blow up I will try to answer as many as I can
#1 the mme is fantastic so far
#2 it will fully charge over night at home with a range of 210mi
#3 I can rapid charge it up to 80% in about 25/30 min at several chargers in my area for around 9 bucks
#4 my original feelings are long gone as I still have my 19 GT350R,92 notch back,76 F250,76 F350
#5 getting rid of 2 large payments for 1 smaller one Free's up a lot of $$$ for more guns and toy's
#6 Yes it is unique and it snaps people's heads when I drive by
# It is super quiet there was a group of kids walking in the street in my neighborhood and slowed for the speed hump and had to sit there for a sec and honk at them to move witch scared a few of them :cwl:
Sponsored

MaskedRacerX

Driver
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
DT
Vehicle(s)
'21_JWS4XE / '21_TM3P
While information sites like Epoch Times are sketchy at best (lol), the general concern applies.

Especially when not everyone in California (or anywhere else) is going to follow those recommendations to the letter.
Oh sure! My point was just to compare the language in the headline to the actual ISO request, which is basically, "Try to reduce high power consumption between 6p and 9p", which is super easy as far as an EV goes, since charging can be scheduled, right on the car - and most average commutes mean < 1h charge time. Come home, plug in, car fires up to charge at 3am.

OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
A couple of weeks ago, on the return trip from northern MN (too long a trip to an area in an EV, I might add), I saw a Tesla Model S with Oregon plates.

I almost wanted to stop the guy and ask how he pulled off such a daring feat, as widespread EV charging is alien in that part of the state.
I saw a video where a guy had a honda genorator in the back of the Tesla in case it died he could plug it in to get to the nearest super charger :cwl:

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a video where a guy had a honda genorator in the back of the Tesla in case it died he could plug it in to get to the nearest super charger :cwl:
I'm just waiting for this to be common practice - one of the platform trailer hitch racks with Generator and 5 gallon gas can tied down. The LULz would be epic even if the gas can is empty and the generator is just an empty box.

OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
California right now is warning about rolling blackouts throughout the state. They can't even supply the electric needs of the state now.
https://abc7.com/california-flex-alert-cal-iso-independent-system-operator-save-power/10798582/

https://www.sacbee.com/news/california/article252134288.html
What's going to happen when they force everyone to buy EV's? If there's no electricity, EV's will be useless. At least with a conventional engine, I can store several gallons of gas in containers for emergency use. Along with keeping my trucks 36 gal tank full. That's what kept me going for 2 weeks, when NY/LI got hit by hurricane Sandy and there was no gas for a few days.
How you going to charge your EV during a blackout, with a few thousand Duracell batteries?
at that point some will be up shit creek when you cant pump the gas because the power is out at the gas station. what happens when the shit hits the fan before you fill up and you are s.o.l
I have an over built solar system with battery back ups to keep the lights on for about 10 days

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
at that point some will be up shit creek when you cant pump the gas because the power is out at the gas station
there is always the bucket brigade solution. Electricity, not so much.

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
there is always the bucket brigade solution. Electricity, not so much.
Pop the cap off the gas stations tank and insert a hose. At that point any pump will work.

sk47

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado & Nissan Sentra SE
at that point some will be up shit creek when you cant pump the gas because the power is out at the gas station. what happens when the shit hits the fan before you fill up and you are s.o.l
I have an over built solar system with battery back ups to keep the lights on for about 10 days
Hello; My plan has been to fill up at around half a tank or sooner. I also have a couple of cans of lawnmower gas handy.
While some situations can screw with everyone, most times an ICE with fuel in the tank will start and get you down the road a ways. I can know about how far my gas will go.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Boy did this blow up I will try to answer as many as I can
#1 the mme is fantastic so far
#2 it will fully charge over night at home with a range of 210mi
#3 I can rapid charge it up to 80% in about 25/30 min at several chargers in my area for around 9 bucks
#4 my original feelings are long gone as I still have my 19 GT350R,92 notch back,76 F250,76 F350
#5 getting rid of 2 large payments for 1 smaller one Free's up a lot of $$$ for more guns and toy's
#6 Yes it is unique and it snaps people's heads when I drive by
# It is super quiet there was a group of kids walking in the street in my neighborhood and slowed for the speed hump and had to sit there for a sec and honk at them to move witch scared a few of them :cwl:
Tell me more about the old trucks! I'd like to find something nice - my wife likes them for some reason! :) I've always been a Ford guy but she has had the same Toyota Tacoma for 18 years and she loves it. She only likes the old trucks!

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Hello; My plan has been to fill up at around half a tank or sooner. I also have a couple of cans of lawnmower gas handy.
While some situations can screw with everyone, most times an ICE with fuel in the tank will start and get you down the road a ways. I can know about how far my gas will go.
Agree. I keep 3-5gal gas cans always full. And never let my trucks 36 gal tank go below 1/2. So that's a minimum 33 gals. Enough to get through 2 weeks.

Sponsored
OP
OP
JZTRK

JZTRK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joseph
Vehicle(s)
Tell me more about the old trucks! I'd like to find something nice - my wife likes them for some reason! :) I've always been a Ford guy but she has had the same Toyota Tacoma for 18 years and she loves it. She only likes the old trucks!
In the last couple of years the value has shot thru the roof on the F series trucks and a coyote swap is fairly simple to do if you have the capitol here is 1 of mine

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
It’s pretty clear Dan supports the terrorists that attacked the capital on Jan 6th. It was Trump supporters in full MAGA gear that did it. It was not ANTI or BLM, he called them terrorists but won’t say the same thing about the Trump Militia….burning and looting is wrong no matter who does it. But he sympathizes with them. Oh and I don’t care if I upset you. Facts are facts.
Surprised you haven't blown away in a brisk wind while out walking your pug.

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I finally saw a ME today. It was on the freeway and I passed it. IMO it is FUGLY
Sponsored