Sponsored

Finally I feel like a proper autocrosser!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Finally got some new shoes for race weekends. Didn't expect to do this yet but Discount Tire had 15% off and I just couldn't ignore this deal. Went with re71's in 265.40r19. surprisingly the 265's were cheaper than the 255's and 275's. Threw them on my stock wheels and hoping for some great results on Saturday. Thank God for the rebates because they will cover most of the cost of my tool purchases at harbor freight last night lol. Hopefully my current tires will now last a lot longer, cause I don't want to buy tires for another year lol.
20200312_180448.jpg
20200312_180453.jpg
20200312_180440.jpg

Also yes I know, my garage is a disaster, that's my next project to tackle. Thank God I have 3 more lol
Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Congrats!! You’re going to love them. I just mounted my 7th set.

Vicr

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Vic
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Other than cost, what advantages do these have over Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's?

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
Other than cost, what advantages do these have over Michelin Pilot Sport 4S's?
Better grip basically and that's it. And they're louder, wear quicker and are much worse in the wet than PS4S. Sound great, doesn't it ? ;-)

Sponsored

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Better grip basically and that's it. And they're louder, wear quicker and are much worse in the wet than PS4S. Sound great, doesn't it ? ;-)
RE71Rs fantastic grip, good feel at the limit. Nice stiff sidewall for better response than nearly all other street tires including 200tw tires. They're actually quite good in the wet too, just not as good in cold+wet or standing water. If its warm and damp they're as good or better than MP4S, IMHO.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Nice!! I remember my first time too... :crackup:

Decosse

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dana
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ingot Silver Cyclone 051a 3.55
Looking good! I used Bridgestone Potenzas when I autocrossed my Pontiac Firebird 100 years ago (ok-30 ish) 1989-91, liked them a lot. I hadn't autocrossed in 30 years or driven a stick in 20, but hopped into a friends SSM Miata last weekend. What a hoot! I sucked, but gained 11 seconds from first run to last. It's addictive. Have fun, wish you clean runs!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
RE71Rs fantastic grip, good feel at the limit. Nice stiff sidewall for better response than nearly all other street tires including 200tw tires. They're actually quite good in the wet too, just not as good in cold+wet or standing water. If its warm and damp they're as good or better than MP4S, IMHO.
I'm little familiar, went through whole bunch of sets ;-)
At Toledo Pro last year (profile pic) - some people (not me - LOL) put insanely fast times in damp (not standing water) and not cold conditions on MP4S vs. REs.... I"ve driven one heat on Bridgestones and other two on MP4S - Bridgestones were not even remotely close to them in the wet. Light years away in predictability.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I'm little familiar, went through whole bunch of sets ;-)
At Toledo Pro last year (profile pic) - some people (not me - LOL) put insanely fast times in damp (not standing water) and not cold conditions on MP4S vs. REs.... I"ve driven one heat on Bridgestones and other two on MP4S - Bridgestones were not even remotely close to them in the wet. Light years away in predictability.
To better understand what your situation was, what was the temp that day at Toledo? I could imagine if it was cool and wet that the Stones would have trouble.

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
To better understand what your situation was, what was the temp that day at Toledo? I could imagine if it was cool and wet that the Stones would have trouble.
Per Accuweather - 68F. Don't remember it being cold but I may have different take on this as our locals here in early April and late October can be really cold.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
Per Accuweather - 68F. Don't remember it being cold but I may have different take on this as our locals here in early April and late October can be really cold.
Thanks, that's good info!

It definitely makes a difference using tires where the compound 'activates' in the conditions you are running.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Surprisingly these are not louder than my Continentals lol. Idk how that's possible but yo me there was no difference. However I agree they are substantially louder than Michelins

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Nice!! I remember my first time too... :crackup:
Lol. I can't believe how sticky these are. It's like rolling on glue sticks

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lol. I can't believe how sticky these are. It's like rolling on glue sticks
The first run on course you'll be laughing.
Sponsored