Sponsored

Finally I feel like a proper autocrosser!

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Well didn't do as good as I would have liked but the tires were wonderful. I really need to learn how to find and follow the driving line. That's my weakness along with overdriving the car at the limits

Bidaci

Threads
Reaction score
Website
cionispeed.car.blog
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
2019 EB PP
Well didn't do as good as I would have liked but the tires were wonderful. I really need to learn how to find and follow the driving line. That's my weakness along with overdriving the car at the limits
That's going to be a moving target. The faster you go will force you to learn new lines and different braking points. Only time will help with that.

SteveW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
"Slow down to go faster" haha.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
The extra grip can give you overconfidence at how much you can bonzai. It's still a heavy car, and you still can't rush the car too much. From an auditory clue perspective: if the RE71Rs are just making some chirp, chirp, light squeal, then you're where you want them. If you're getting them to howl on corner entry, then you're over. Fortunately, they come back to you pretty easily when you slow-up.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
I'll get better. Gonna try playing more Forza to get better at learning lines and inputs. It's not a perfect simulator but it still should help

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'll get better. Gonna try playing more Forza to get better at learning lines and inputs. It's not a perfect simulator but it still should help
Unfortunately it probably won't that much. Autocross is a different beast from track driving. You just need seat time. Be humble and get a fast guy to ride with you, and even drive your car to show you how to maximize it.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Unfortunately it probably won't that much. Autocross is a different beast from track driving. You just need seat time. Be humble and get a fast guy to ride with you, and even drive your car to show you how to maximize it.
Ya I have a couple of buddies that I go with and they are Excellent drivers. They are both trying to help me go faster. Lol they are the reasons I got the tires. The one time back in Jan I let one of them drive my car at autox with me in it, was the best day I ever had. Idk how but I did very well after I saw how he drove it. Even beat his time. Since then not so well. They are the ones that said seat time or Forza. Well I don't have the ability to get a lot of seat time so Forza it is

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Ya I have a couple of buddies that I go with and they are Excellent drivers. They are both trying to help me go faster. Lol they are the reasons I got the tires. The one time back in Jan I let one of them drive my car at autox with me in it, was the best day I ever had. Idk how but I did very well after I saw how he drove it. Even beat his time. Since then not so well. They are the ones that said seat time or Forza. Well I don't have the ability to get a lot of seat time so Forza it is
Better than nothing! I'd actually strongly recommend iRacing or rFactor if you want a truly good sim-racing experience.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Better than nothing! I'd actually strongly recommend iRacing or rFactor if you want a truly good sim-racing experience.
Lol I suck at Forza, one step at a time. Tried iracing on my buddies comp but he didn't keep it and I don't have a computer that can handle it. So Forza it is

Sponsored

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I will add to that suggestion - I learned the most from riding with past people - more than fast people riding with me. While their cars were different, those rides were really eye opening.

bnightstar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Hristofor
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Fiesta 1.25i, 2017 GB Ford Mustang GT PP Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I suck at Forza, one step at a time. Tried iracing on my buddies comp but he didn't keep it and I don't have a computer that can handle it. So Forza it is
Regarding simulators I spend tons of time playing Project Cars 2 as it has the Mustang it's reasonably realistic and also allow you to play with the suspension so you can easy test different spring options and settings. I suggest you get and try it.

But no simulator can replace actual driving so since you have the tires just sign for all autox events in your town or just install TrackAdicct buy a few cones and find a parking lot and do an autox course itself.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Regarding simulators I spend tons of time playing Project Cars 2 as it has the Mustang it's reasonably realistic and also allow you to play with the suspension so you can easy test different spring options and settings. I suggest you get and try it.

But no simulator can replace actual driving so since you have the tires just sign for all autox events in your town or just install TrackAdicct buy a few cones and find a parking lot and do an autox course itself.
Lol I have strongly considered your cone idea. When all of the craziness dies down I might do that lol

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Lol I have strongly considered your cone idea. When all of the craziness dies down I might do that lol
If you do that, learn how to slither.

OP
OP

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost