Finally got my new AA spare tire!!!

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I got the Classic5 V2 in gunmetal and they sent black lug nuts. I'm not sure if they even make gunmetal lug nuts but I'm gonna be looking for some.

I have a plastic case that my cordless impact gun came in. I have the impact, five of those crappy nuts, the special socket with that protective cover thing, pair-o-gloves and the torque stick. Hopefully this will never be used...haha
Yeah I hope to never need any of it LOL. My Gunmetal Velgen VF5 came with black lugs too. They are so slender they don't stick out too bad, actually look pretty good...

IMG_0550.jpeg
Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Yeah I hope to never need any of it LOL. My Gunmetal Velgen VF5 came with black lugs too. They are so slender they don't stick out too bad, actually look pretty good...

IMG_0550.jpeg
oh heck yeh! That's not bad at all. I can save my moola now!

Oakley

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang
Mine is on the way after a flat tire and 3 hours waiting for the Tow. The compressor didn't work at all.
this is why i got mine. i carry plugs, compressor, goop, and a spare. one thing that was awesome about my lexus was the full sized spare. loved that car.

DougS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium A10 PP1 Whipple Stage 2
I put my AA spare in a couple of months ago, put 32 psi in tire, pressed down on tire, fit like a glove. I cut a 25" diameter 1/8" Rubber/felt pad I got from Amazon and put under tire. Tire cover fits Flush.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
you will need a spare set of OEM style. I think these are actually the original nuts that I ran the stud thru that stupid fake cover. I have extended studs so i needed open ended nuts for this spare. I just ran them down on an old hub and the cover gave up pretty easily.

Self-made open ended nuts!

Interesting .........not heard that before.

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48
Ok guys, the old OEM lugnuts fit perfectly, see pics.

20230602_220605.jpg

20230602_220615.jpg

20230602_220626.jpg
After almost three [lucky] years with SVE wheels and the AA spare in the trunk, I have now added a baggy with 5 of the stock lug nuts to my tire-changing equipment.
I wish I'd thought of this myself, but once again I have to thank the members of this forum, who have helped me decide what to do/not do to my car, and in this case saved me from a fate worse than death - embarrassing myself in public just trying to change a tire.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
So here’s a question. Do any of you guys have jacking rails on your car? The jack AA gives you are made to fit into the pinch welds. If you have jacking rails, those pics welds are covered. I’ve been looking for any kind of a decent portable jack that will fit underneath but so far it sits too low for any one I’ve found so far. I actually returned the AA jack because of the questionable mating surface.

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
So here’s a question. Do any of you guys have jacking rails on your car? The jack AA gives you are made to fit into the pinch welds. If you have jacking rails, those pics welds are covered. I’ve been looking for any kind of a decent portable jack that will fit underneath but so far it sits too low for any one I’ve found so far. I actually returned the AA jack because of the questionable mating surface.
I have jacking rails and the AA jack. I just plan on using the jack wherever I can get a lifting surface anywhere I can. Once I get the lugs loose and then lift the car I m assuming I d get the wheels swapped in less than 60 seconds with everything set up and ready to go.

Sponsored

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
the jacking rails should be plenty wide to accommodate the jack's contact surface. You shouldn't be lifting the car on an uneven surface and you should not be anywhere close to being considered "under" the car. I was far more concerned about the footing of the jack than the contact point.

I had no problems lifting the car when I discovered a flat tire while the car was parked in the carport. Now that was a flat, level concrete surface but I used the scissor hack just to be sure it would suffice when/if the time came. I posted a pic earlier in this thread.

EDIT: I have the Steeda jacking rails

EDIT2: There are some scissor jacks that have rotating contact points. You could just get one of those and rotate the head to where it spans the jacking rail in the best possible manner

Longitude Zero

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Premium, 2007 Mustang V6.
Hey guys,
Finally got my new AA spare tire kit! That clears brembo brakes for PP cars!!!! Something FORD shoudve provided us stang owners instead of that crappy compressor, real JOKE!!
Any issues w fitment?? Any tips or info making it fit etc..
Thabks Anthony

20230601_195131.jpg
From who did you get your spare wheel/tire combo?

Farkel

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Marc
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT Premium PP1, 2012 Jeep JK, 2022 Harley 48

TexasMetallic5.0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2005 Ram 1500 4x4
Jacking rails are next on my to-do list. I have been looking at some compact 12v electric scissor jacks that have different pads for pinch rails, etc. I currently grab the scissor jack out of my truck with my 1/2” Dewalt impact and a socket on it whenever I have to change a tire for my daughter/sister-in-law, etc. I need to grab one of these spare tire kits for my car as well..just been rolling the dice for too long and eventually it’s gonna catch up to me.