Finally got my new AA spare tire!!!

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
Perfect. Looking at the Nuts seems that i will have to try also the Vossen ones as to me they look bigger than the OEM and possible will not fit. Hope i have luck or will have to also carry a set of the OEM's in the trunk.

Thanks for another hint for me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
Perfect. Looking at the Nuts seems that i will have to try also the Vossen ones as to me they look bigger than the OEM and possible will not fit. Hope i have luck or will have to also carry a set of the OEM's in the trunk.

Yup!! Said same thing.. I just got new SVE PP2 wheels and put them on car, took off old wheels and lugs. The SVE PP2 wheels came with thinner lugs. But i have my old lugs, gotta check and fit them and see. Good catch!!!
Thanks Anthony

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt

you will need a spare set of OEM style. I think these are actually the original nuts that I ran the stud thru that stupid fake cover. I have extended studs so i needed open ended nuts for this spare. I just ran them down on an old hub and the cover gave up pretty easily.

Self-made open ended nuts!

Last edited:

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Yup!! Said same thing.. I just got new SVE PP2 wheels and put them on car, took off old wheels and lugs. The SVE PP2 wheels came with thinner lugs. But i have my old lugs, gotta check and fit them and see. Good catch!!!
Thanks Anthony
let me know what you find. I got SVE wheels and new nuts. didn t even think about the spare.

Sponsored

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
I got mine several months ago. Very happy with it. I only got the wheel and not the whole kit. I have a compact floor jack that I put in a collapsible tote with my breaker bar, battery impact wrench and other essentials like a first aid kit, battery booster pack, etc. I do need to put an original set of lugs in a zip loc bag as I have narrow ones on my Velgen wheels.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
question, says retains OEM nuts. does that mean my SVE wheel nut won t work?
I believe not. I am going to go put a factory set in my car right now, I didn't have to worry about it til I upgraded my stock wheels.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
question, says retains OEM nuts. does that mean my SVE wheel nut won t work?
Not familiar with the SVE requirements but there's conical (tapered or 60*) and ball seat or bulge. OEM is ball seat and the majority of aftermarket wheels are conical. I have a set of Velgens that just arrived and they sent a set of lug nuts. It's either because they need a slim shank (they sent the splined type) or the seat is different than OEM.

1685738960933.png

Last edited:

Sponsored
OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
let me know what you find. I got SVE wheels and new nuts. didn t even think about the spare.
Yeah, I can see the SVE and there slim lug nuts being an issue w spare. I'm gonna keep 5 oem lugs in a bag in trunk w socket.
Keeping SVE socket as well in car, having both accessible. It's a PITA w all these diff lugs. Wtf!! They should have 1 lug size..👎👎👎

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
Not familiar with the SVE requirements but there's conical (tapered or 60*) and ball seat or bulge. OEM is ball seat and the majority of aftermarket wheels are conical. I have a set of Velgens that just arrived and they sent a set of lug nuts.
1685738960933.png
I got some sort of gorilla nuts that came with the SVE s. don t have the car with me so I can t even check . think I ll just put 5 OEM s in the trunk I guess.

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
Not familiar with the SVE requirements but there's conical (tapered or 60*) and ball seat or bulge. OEM is ball seat and the majority of aftermarket wheels are conical. I have a set of Velgens that just arrived and they sent a set of lug nuts. It's either because they need a slim shank (they sent the splined type) or the seat is different than OEM.

1685738960933.png
My Velgen definitely needed the slim shank, Not sure about the seat. I upgraded to Black Gorilla on my stock PP wheels, I am going to dig out 5 of the crappy 2 piece stock lugs and throw in the car for the emergency spare set.

stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
My Velgen definitely needed the slim shank, Not sure about the seat. I upgraded to Black Gorilla on my stock PP wheels, I am going to dig out 5 of the crappy 2 piece stock lugs and throw in the car for the emergency spare set.
I got the Classic5 V2 in gunmetal and they sent black lug nuts. I'm not sure if they even make gunmetal lug nuts but I'm gonna be looking for some.

I have a plastic case that my cordless impact gun came in. I have the impact, five of those crappy nuts, the special socket with that protective cover thing, pair-o-gloves and the torque stick. Hopefully this will never be used...haha
Sponsored