stungjoe

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Busting the covers .....
Easy peasy, just used the impact driver and ran them down the stud of an old hub. It actually poked a very consistent hole.in each as if I had drilled them.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Sean22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT Premium
Yeah I hope to never need any of it LOL. My Gunmetal Velgen VF5 came with black lugs too. They are so slender they don't stick out too bad, actually look pretty good...

IMG_0550.jpeg
That blue is looking sharp!

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
So here’s a question. Do any of you guys have jacking rails on your car? The jack AA gives you are made to fit into the pinch welds. If you have jacking rails, those pics welds are covered. I’ve been looking for any kind of a decent portable jack that will fit underneath but so far it sits too low for any one I’ve found so far. I actually returned the AA jack because of the questionable mating surface.
I actually only got the wheel itself. I had an old compact floor jack (kinda like the one pictured I got off the web), I put in a tote along with all the other tools (breaker bar, air compressor, plug kit, first aid kit, electric impact gun), it fits the jacking rails good enough to lift the car on a level surface. I am thinking about getting a piece of 3/4 inch plywood in a 2'x2' square to keep in the car too. Probably overthinking things.
s-l1600.jpg

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Easy peasy, just used the impact driver and ran them down the stud of an old hub. It actually poked a very consistent hole.in each as if I had drilled them.
Did not think it would take much, just surprised to find out the lugs are pass through. Imagine how many drivers, running extended wheel studs, tossed perfectly usable lugs out.

Kind of funny.....

Turbo23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Stephen
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt DHG; Electronics, MR, Recaros, Cover, 2017 Explorer Sport Ingot Silver, 2008 Honda Odyssey EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
I have the AA spare and jack kit and other than the time where a road costruction crater blew both of my Bullitt's left tires, it has saved me one other time. Dragging around that extra weight in the trunk has never been a problem for me. Its so necessary. The roads around the St. Loo are so bad, you sure dont want to be waiting on a flatbed.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
this is why i got mine. i carry plugs, compressor, goop, and a spare. one thing that was awesome about my lexus was the full sized spare. loved that car.
There really is NO REAL REASON why ford doesnt supply all mustang owners regardless of PP brakes a donut spare tire. Its ridiculous...............................................
Anthony

wcharon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
William
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang GT 2019 Race Red with Package 301A
I have just received mine today. fast shipment.

Will do a test fit on Saturday. Now have to get a good kit (Impact, etc.) that don't take much space on the trunk.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
There really is NO REAL REASON why ford doesnt supply all mustang owners regardless of PP brakes a donut spare tire. Its ridiculous...............................................
Anthony
FYI my wife's CTS has one of those silly ass pumps, in other words it ain't a Ford thang.

moby4dick

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350R
Anthony
There IS a real reason. It saves them money.

OP
OP
monte87

monte87

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rapid RED Metallic GT
FYI my wife's CTS has one of those silly ass pumps, in other words it ain't a Ford thang.
All car companies.
There IS a real reason. It saves them money.
No kidding, I know that... it just sucks. They shouldve at least gave Brembo brake cars an option, nothing and nada...

skinnyb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alex
Vehicle(s)
2022 GT Premium PP1, 10 Auto Grabber Blue
All car companies.
No kidding, I know that... it just sucks. They shouldve at least gave Brembo brake cars an option, nothing and nada...
I agree. The option would be nice. I do prefer to have a real spare tire even if it costs extra. I guess I paid on the back end to get one.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
All car companies.
What are you talking about :question:
Sponsored